IGNORED

SCUBA DIVING

bigjimslay

Offshore, bored, and rooting around photos from dives. Havent seen much stuff about diving on the board, so here goes... Anyways, Not sure how many divers are lurking around on the board, but here is a few photos from some dives in Patts. I spend most of my days diving while there. Its a good hobby to keep you out of the bars for at least 6 hours a day LOL. Any other divers around want to catch up for some dives in August, PM me. They have a few wrecks in the area, which last week we had some really good dives on. If you are not a diver and would be interested, I dive with Pattaya Dive Center, Beach Road at Tipp Plaza, next to Subway. They are a very good company to start with. Hope you enjoy the photos.

post-1839-1216215449_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215484_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215524_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215561_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215654_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215703_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215745_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215794_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215849_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215883_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215924_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215948_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216215981_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216029_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216061_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216156_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216214_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216251_thumbjpg

post-1839-1216216277_thumbjpg

Cant beat a dive :Insanity:

Not dived now for over 8 years, so probably a bit rusty!

Keep meaning to get around to doing a dive and never manage!

Top of the list for the next trip!

Wha's like us?

Wow man great pictures.... :Insanity:

would love to give it a go, but cant swim to save my life... :Bravo1:

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Dont worry DD, you dont have to be able to swim. You can breath underwater. LOL.... I guess it does help though. Saltwater, you can float with out swimming. LOL

That's so cool. It looks like a great hobby. What's the average cost to get PADI certified and all your gear from Pattaya Dive Center?

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

That brings back some bad memories for me even though i passed my paddi in Pattaya, it went with some bad experiences, including sea urchin sting ten needles in my right knee, (hospital)

Got left off shore by the boat with 1 instructor and 2 first timers, no sand to practice on only coral, 90 minutes went by and we all got burnt really badly,(hospital) 2 weeks in bed.

Last time for me was when we went out on the boat and the engine packed in, so we went diving only for an idiot on a jet ski to miss my head by inches, finally got towed back to shore then slipped as i was getting off the boat did my back in bad (hospital) 1 week in bed.

Please dont be put off by my experiences though just look out for the cowboy instructors !!

That brings back some bad memories for me even though i passed my paddi in Pattaya, it went with some bad experiences, including sea urchin sting ten needles in my right knee, (hospital)

Got left off shore by the boat with 1 instructor and 2 first timers, no sand to practice on only coral, 90 minutes went by and we all got burnt really badly,(hospital) 2 weeks in bed.

Last time for me was when we went out on the boat and the engine packed in, so we went diving only for an idiot on a jet ski to miss my head by inches, finally got towed back to shore then slipped as i was getting off the boat did my back in bad (hospital) 1 week in bed.

Please dont be put off by my experiences though just look out for the cowboy instructors !!

Damn Wig, sounds like your best interest in Diving is Muff Diving, 55555. Maybe you should stick to the GoGo bars.

For everyone else, it isnt always that bad, LOL...

That's so cool. It looks like a great hobby. What's the average cost to get PADI certified and all your gear from Pattaya Dive Center?

I think the open water with Pattaya dive center is about 14K thb. I was certified prior to getting there. You can do a discover scuba course, which puts you on two dives in one day. It also counts towards your open water ticket if you would like to continue. Its a good way to see if you will like it. Cost for that is 4500 thb.

I'd be interested to see some pictures from the far islands. It looks like visibility is only about 20 ft (6m), is that about right? Also looks like there is not much in terms of coral or rich marine life. Regardless, I love to dive and will most likely go out for a dip or two in October. Any sites that you'd recommend?

I did my open water with Pattaya Dive Centre. Great bunch of people. Is English Dave still running the show?

Testicles

Damn Wig, sounds like your best interest in Diving is Muff Diving, 55555. Maybe you should stick to the GoGo bars.

For everyone else, it isnt always that bad, LOL...

Actually i got stung more in the Go-Go bars 555 :D

I'd be interested to see some pictures from the far islands. It looks like visibility is only about 20 ft (6m), is that about right? Also looks like there is not much in terms of coral or rich marine life. Regardless, I love to dive and will most likely go out for a dip or two in October. Any sites that you'd recommend?

Tico,

Yeah, Vis is usually not the best. But, diving is still fun for me anyway. couple of wrecks to do as well. The area that photos were taken was just a sandy bottom in shallow water for Discover scuba students. I was only using my olympus 3 meter camera. There are some areas with really good coral dives and marine life. I should be around in October, can hook for a few dives. Sites depend on the currents and weather. The dive shop are pretty good about getting the best suited sites for the day. So many Islands, I really dont keep track of all the names, I just go "oh yeah, I remember this place". LOL.....

I did my open water with Pattaya Dive Centre. Great bunch of people. Is English Dave still running the show?

Yeah, shugs, Dave is still running the show. Great bunch of people to dive with.

The Wig

That's got to be the unluckiest diving experience I've ever heard of. I did my Padi down in Koh Tao. It was a bit of a let down. We went in December purley because it had a great reputation for visability. To be honest we hardly saw anything untill the last day. Making up for it this year though, heading off to Tha Andamans and India for some diving.

The Wig

That's got to be the unluckiest diving experience I've ever heard of. I did my Padi down in Koh Tao. It was a bit of a let down. We went in December purley because it had a great reputation for visability. To be honest we hardly saw anything untill the last day. Making up for it this year though, heading off to Tha Andamans and India for some diving.

My instructor Scotch Jim a X-Police diver of over 30 years with Strathclyde police force said he has never seen a sea urchin with over ten spikes impaled in to someone like that before, i did that dive with a major hangover after running my own bar on soi 10 Beach Rd, you could say that although it never hurt that much it made me vomit a few times,

The dive after that was down to piss poor management, we took a kid out who had never ever done any diving in his life, they should of teached him his excersises in the swimming pool, consiquently we ended up with seriously bad burning as the boat went off with the rest of the crew to find another diving spot, there was no flat surface or sand to do the excersises on so we were left to float in the blistering heat for over 90 minutes.

I dont know why but i still enjoyed it regardless of my bad experiences, i would of continued with the hobby but i couldnt find the time or energy running the bar untill the wee hours as well.

Oh well., i might give it a shot out here in Dubai, not sure what the seas are like here though ?

thanks for sharing big , great pics and underwater scenery

à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¹€à¸§à¸¥à¸²à¸‚องผมจะมาถึง ;)

Not sure about patts mate I was UK£ 350 in Australia when I did mine. I cant see patts being more :P Probably a lot less.

Wha's like us?

Just checked it online. It is 14,000 thb

Diving is an expensive hobby, and so you must be a dedicated person to do the sport, i believe it is more or less regulated in its price structure through out the world, the equipment is very expensive, i remember my mate had paid something like 3,000 pounds for a dive computer (watch) he could of got a rolex for that.

I think it was just a fad for me, just like i got into golf once, i went out bought the top of the range shoes, clubs, waterproofs, and so on and only ever played once after that....

Diving is an expensive hobby, and so you must be a dedicated person to do the sport, i believe it is more or less regulated in its price structure through out the world, the equipment is very expensive, i remember my mate had paid something like 3,000 pounds for a dive computer (watch) he could of got a rolex for that.

I think it was just a fad for me, just like i got into golf once, i went out bought the top of the range shoes, clubs, waterproofs, and so on and only ever played once after that....

LOL Wig,

A bit compulsive are we? LOL....

All joking aside, Diving is an expensive hobby if it is something you like and want to pursue. My gear, I am into about 3500 usd now. But the equipment last a long time. Also, if you are just going to dive 3-4 times a year, then it isnt worth buying your own gear, the dive shops have rental equipment that they will give you for 300 thb a day. But if you are going to make diving a hobby and not a vacation thing, then it is worth buying your own gear. If you buy gear from a diveshop, then look to pay top dollar. The are websites that you can buy the same dive gear from for a fraction of the costs. "UP TO YOU", lol....

It is better to do the discover scuba or just scuba diver a few times before buying your own gear. Myself, I love it, so it is worth every penny to me.

Cheers

Just checked it online. It is 14,000 thb

13.000bth soi 12 seafari before soi 5 english owner neil two dives 3000bth he now good dives places

13.000bth soi 12 seafari before soi 5 english owner neil two dives 3000bth he now good dives places

Im sure the price will differ 1000 thb here and there. He who dives should feel free to dive with who ever he or she chooses. I have become friends with the Pattaya Dive center staff, so I am loyal diving with them. If anyone would like to catch up for dives in Pattaya, I will be diving with them. I didnt mean for it to be like I was putting on a promotion for them, or a competition for the cheapest place.

But remember you get what you pay for. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. LOL.... Nah, didnt mean that to ruffle feathers. Im sure there are a ton of great dive operators in pattaya. I just happen to have become friends with the instructors and office staff at PDC.

Cheers for all the replies guys.

BJS

i just did a 5 month course for my work, every day 2-3 dives, i think i still have water in my ears :Clap8:

but planning a few dives when im there, would be great to go with a few others :D

Edited by Same²

Cool, never been diving, will check out that divecetrepattaya site for more info, thanks