Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's your go to meal and where do you get it?

Fitzpat13

heres my list:

- Kao pad @ street restaurants

- Kao man gai @ street restaurants

- Sushi @ fuji

- Oishi buffet

- pork ribs @ lone star, but I heard bad things about it lately

- grilled pork leg @ german garden naklua

- pizza @ cafe le mar

- cakes @ secret recipe in central

and I confess I sometimes go to McD for a hamburger and fries.

for steak, I stay home, I find good steaks at makro and my fries are not bad either, and I do sauce béarnaise to go with both.

for chicken wings I stay home too, I bake them 30 mins in the oven. there are no good places for chings wings AFAIK in Pattaya, they fry the wings - yucky !

I am still looking for a place that does cantonese rice and grilled crispy chinese duck, and I am also still looking for a place doing grilled chicken right, besides the german garden which is far from my place and doesn't do it every day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The daily specials at the New Nordic restaurant on Pratamnak soi 4. Less than 200 baht and good portions. Local for me too. This is the rainy season.

Doner kebabs on LK Metro  ....and fruit vendor carts selling pineapple and papaya

Irish rover 99 baht brekky is good

red chicken curry at Pattaya beer garden

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

in pattaya, beefeaters for drinks, filet and baked potato...in Korat, the all you can eat buffet (400bht) at "the mall".

Hey manarak you have my choices. Cafe le Mar is truly a choice spot. Sean the owner from Iran is a friendly guy. Great atmosphere day or night. Ali Baba for Indian. Lebanese restaurant on third rd, right across the street from a Moroccan rest. Nordic Bistro on Pratamnak soi 4 is another quaint location with good portions. Eat up.

Some of my favorites have been mentioned but here are a few

Lengkee (I think my favorite)

Hot man on third road(not called that but it's the Thai place that has the old sign hotman which I think was a gay bar)

Loaf for breakfast and pizza and coffee

Fuji - super reliable and well priced sushi

Chicken and rice place just near LK Metro (again I don't know the name but it's open till 5am)

There is also a place just next to boss suites where they BBQ a whole snapper and its fuxking good eating

Food carts at LK Metro always good from my experience for late night munchies

Also a confession I love those little tuna sandwiches from family Mart

I usually would get some Som Tum from the street vendors.

+1

Som tam plara pet mak mak krap. Delicious!

Also a confession I love those little tuna sandwiches from family Mart

I sometimes get the equivelant from seven eleven,they`re ok if you dont fancy eating much tea-timeish,those and a bag of crisps,and a yogurt. :WinkGrin1:

Hey manarak you have my choices. Cafe le Mar is truly a choice spot. Sean the owner from Iran is a friendly guy. Great atmosphere day or night. Ali Baba for Indian. Lebanese restaurant on third rd, right across the street from a Moroccan rest. Nordic Bistro on Pratamnak soi 4 is another quaint location with good portions. Eat up.

Thanks, then I might give the Lebanese restaurant a try - I guess the prices are acceptable if it made your list.

If anyone is looking for good steak, I would send him to Gian's. It won't be a cheap steak, but it's not too expensive for what is offered either.

• 1 month later...

The dishes I so far have eating most often of is probably

Deep fried prawns. It is a solid choice, it is a very common dish and it usually taste ok.

Fish and chips, Im not from england or have ever eating fish and chips at home. But it is avery common dish i pattaya and when I want something that taste something like at home for a "cheap" price, fish and chips is a solid choice.

On my first trip kebab, not so much after that.

Dessert: Banana pancakes, cheap at it is avaible everywhere almost.

I'm a big fan of the thom kha gai at PBG as well.The view there rocks too

My go to is tom yum goong from the restaurant at LK Empress. Tastes great and something about the lemongrass and spice causing to sweat my face off makes me feel detoxed after alcohol and sex with strange women.

If feeling a bit hungover/tired from night before then you can't beat a street food pad see ew in my opinion

In general I am all about street food, love it, pick something, I'll eat it :D

Teraoka Gyoza. Ground floor @ Central Festival. Expensive but delicious!

Gyoza topped with cheese! Delicious!

CIMG3270.JPG

And afterwards sweet matcha filled gyoza with the best Matcha ice cream in town:

CIMG3271.JPG

Otherwise I just go for what the next street food vendor has to offer. Kway Teow, Som Tam and so on... :)

Teraoka Gyoza. Ground floor @ Central Festival. Expensive but delicious!

Gyoza topped with cheese! Delicious!

attachicon.gifCIMG3270.JPG

And afterwards sweet matcha filled gyoza with the best Matcha ice cream in town:

attachicon.gifCIMG3271.JPG

Otherwise I just go for what the next street food vendor has to offer. Kway Teow, Som Tam and so on... :)

Do I see right? roast bread, egg and ice cream? That is a weird combo, but maybe taste?:)

Archived