IGNORED

What's your go to meal and where do you get it?

Fitzpat13

There's certain things I eat more regularly when I'm on vacation and I'm willing to bet I'm not alone. What's that one meal/dish you have more than another while you're in Patts and where do you get it?

For me it's been the English Breakfast at Irish Rovers. I'm not normally a breakfast guy outside of Thailand but I can't seem to get enough when I'm in Patts. Most likely because I'm having it at noon or later, but that's not really relevant IMHO.

How bout you guys?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soi 15 leading from Second Road into Walking Street.  Like Soi Marine further down it is the access route for most gogo girls in the early evening.

Sit at Nana Café and watch the passing parade.  Stunning.

Stewed pork with rice 50 baht. kao ka moo.

Simple, easy and quick.

Then head out....

always get the salted fish that is cooked on the bbq same as in spain where i live..................................

Fish fillets with sweet and souce with rice in the marketplace soi Central.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

The BLT sandwich at The Captain's bar on Soi Honey.  And the chicken salad baguettes at the Barbie Bar on Soi Chaiyapoon.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Pork Chop special @ Devonshire...on Soi Lengkee

I think it is either Fri or Sat... can't recall right now...

Not a special delicacy, but like the spicy fried pork from Fra Pattaya at the intersection of Pattaya tai & second road. 

................................................................................................................

Crispy fried pork in chili paste with chicken fried rice at the hole in the wall. I will have that at least twice a week when I'm there

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Crispy fried pork in chili paste with chicken fried rice at the hole in the wall. I will have that at least twice a week when I'm there

sounds great

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Not a special delicacy, but like the spicy fried pork from Fra Pattaya at the intersection of Pattaya tai & second road. 

Fra Pattaya have also great duck in wine sauce.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Chicken Doner Kebab wraps, at the little stand on Soi 7 just up from the Eastiny 7 hotel. Delicious with the cucumber sauce and some spicy sauce mixed.

Love chicken on a stick from street vendors. Had it in Phuket, Bangkok, Chang Mai and in Laos and the Philippines.

Each slightly different but tasty and cheap

Looking forward to trying all the foods Pattaya offer

Honestly, it changes every trip for me -- depending on where I am staying, I seem to find a place close by that I like, and repeat.

One trip, it was breakfast at The Ritz (haven;t been back since it changed to The Swan); another trip, it was pad thai from a street vendor right by Royal Garden Center; if I'm in Pattaya on a Sunday, I really like the Sunday roast at Sportsman; while at the Hilton, it was their mini-breakfast buffet in the Club Lounge (free, so I hit it every day!  55555)

I've been very interested in trying Beefeater.  Went last November, but it was packed, so we ducked into Patrick's.  I can't give it an assessment, as I felt sick before we even walked in (turns out, I had appendicitis and would be off to the ER about 6 ours later).  Would like to give both (the restaurants; not the ER!) another shot.

I'm looking forward to following this thread to get some tips for my next trip!

Ham and cheese sandwich from 7-11. I lived on these when travelling all over isaan if the hotel didn't do breakfast. 25 baht, coffee 14 baht, Sensational 555

12 Pints in Know it all

Breakfast at the Loaf , mainly because of its great coffee

Chicken rice on Pattaya Tai, is my lazy-meal, as it's just outside my condo. It's next to the family Mart close to the temple... Opposite side of Tuk Com. They have they best sauce I have ever had with chicken rice, for 35 baht I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, it changes every trip for me -- depending on where I am staying, I seem to find a place close by that I like, and repeat.

One trip, it was breakfast at The Ritz (haven;t been back since it changed to The Swan); another trip, it was pad thai from a street vendor right by Royal Garden Center; if I'm in Pattaya on a Sunday, I really like the Sunday roast at Sportsman; while at the Hilton, it was their mini-breakfast buffet in the Club Lounge (free, so I hit it every day!  55555)

I've been very interested in trying Beefeater.  Went last November, but it was packed, so we ducked into Patrick's.  I can't give it an assessment, as I felt sick before we even walked in (turns out, I had appendicitis and would be off to the ER about 6 ours later).  Would like to give both (the restaurants; not the ER!) another shot.

I'm looking forward to following this thread to get some tips for my next trip!

Wow! That sounds like an eventful trip in all the wrong ways!

I recommend Beefeater for - as you may guess - the steaks. They make an excellent steak there with a large choice of sauces/gravies/sides, all of which I've tried have been great.

Recommend the choose your own size filet with the mushroom sauce and the potato gratin with a dry red wine!

Same as LRanger, kao ka moo, but from Central basement.

There's also a kao mang gai right at intersection of 2nd Road and Boyztown, however, they are only open for lunch.  And they always sell out before 2:00 pm.  So go early.

Dinner will depend on if I am with wingman or by myself.  With wingman, big sea food feast, big ass prawn (6 to a kg), steam whole fish, etc.

By myself it would be the bbq satay & bbq sticky rice

I live in Patts but my favorite meal in the Hong Kong pork at the Wok n Rok or the lasagne at Secrets

Lasagne you say? My interest is piqued.

Appears that I have yet ANOTHER reason to check out Secrets this next trip.

Prakapow or whatever its called,minced pork with chillies and basil leaves,and rice topped off with a fried egg.More often than not i had this round the pool at August Suites.

The duck at MK in the mall.....alloy dee MAK

Can't remember the restaraunt name but opposite rolling stone bar on Walking Street outside dinning and inside dinning great food great service best stakes and the tastiest soup I ever tried quite spicy local put me onto it can't remember name of soup has all kinds of seafood and meat started with L I think quiet a common asian dish

Archived