Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's your go to meal and where do you get it?

Fitzpat13

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fried rice with chicken at the hole in wall on soi b - (mentioned already) @ 40 bht is great value...  along with about 40 other choices!!!  

Thai cantine opposite a Thai gold shop in Soi Buakaow (50/100m after Oasis a gogo), simply the best thai dishes a la carte (with english translation).
Tasty, cheap, closed until 4 AM... everything you needs... i go eat there sometime every days and there is more farangs than Thai people inside now 555 !

Except thai food i love smash up Fuji restaurant in Central Festival, i'm freak jap food lover so i spend a lot of cash inside and order until i'm full, i know it's not real Jap food like in Japan but i don't know why but the food is always fresh and the taste is very good so...

I used to love Pig & Whistle super breakfast (and i'm not from the UK !) but it's too fat for me and i don't want to take 10 kg at the end of my trip (alcohol doesn't help...)

Khao Soi noodles anywhere in Chiang Mai. Alas I don't know anywhere to get them in Pattaya. Love the Tom Kha Gai at PBG although I think its more the view than the quality of the dish that does it for me. Beef in gravy roll from the stand at corner of Soi Honey and Bukhaow is delicious.

I came, I saw, I mongered!

I often went to a small restaurant just a cross the street from the back door entrance of Canterbury Tales on Soi Xzyte and had a bowl of Tom Kha Gai. The restaurant is run by an old lady and has two or three tables. A couple of times to old lady was away so her daughter did the cooking and on one occasion nobody was there so a girl from the massage shop next door came over and made my food.

I live in Patts but my favorite meal in the Hong Kong pork at the Wok n Rok or the lasagne at Secrets

Thanks for the recommendation, will be paying you a visit in September to say hello and try the lasagne...

Swiss Food Restaurant Soi Diamond:

Raclette Plausch (Ofen auf Tisch) mit Kartoffeln 1p 200 gr

http://www.swissfood.net/Menue01.htm

I didn't get it in my home country, and as I am not Swiss and do not visit Switzerland very often I am fortunate to get it here :GoldenSmile1:

breakfasts (and good coffee) and chicken parmesan and the Thai food at Two Pompuis on Soi 5 in Pratunmak...

pizza from www.americanpizzapattaya.com ... had 2 and loved both of them... need to try pastramionrye.com as well - haven't had the urge so far for a pastrami on rye sandwich, but will do soon, I am sure... I also need to try NY Pizza House on Soi 3 - have had buds give it real good reviews...

chickAbobs (aka donar kebabs) at the small restaurant on the same side and up a ways from Sensations (before you get to Insomnia/IBAR)... and also the small stand on Soi Diana alongside a 7-11, and in the entrance to a hotel (an LK Metro hotel?)...

the new New York Diner alongside IBAR - their chicken gratiem pizza (and the other Thai specialty pizza), macaroni and cheese, and the Thai dishes I tried were all real good... especially that the place is open way into the wee hours of the morning (from 5:00PM until 7:00AM)... so if you have the late night munchies - this is a good place to go... 

the food at Secrets - breakfasts, etc - didn't try all that much when I stayed there when I first arrived in Pattaya, but what I tried, I liked A LOT...

the breakfast buffet at the Marriott... 

cappucino and the chicken wings at Black Canyon (in Central and BigC Extra)...

the salad bar at Central's basement grocery store...

eggs benedict at the Coffee Shop near the 2nd Road entrance to the Royal Garden Plaza mall...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Frozen food at 7-11/Family Mart.

It's cheap and it's tasty, and best of all, you never fear getting food poisoning from it.

I usually get a meal combo of fried rice with shrimp, won ton soup, a bag of chips, and a soda. Filling and good taste.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Go to for breakfast is Loaf (scrambled eggs, salmon on toast, long black x 2), for lunch Barbie (tuna baguette, two coke lights), snack (stewed pork on rice at food cart at top of 13/1 on Second Road), dinner at J Daeng or Pattaya Beer Garden (whole steamed snapper). I would do at least one of these practically every day in Pattaya.

Frozen food at 7-11/Family Mart.

It's cheap and it's tasty, and best of all, you never fear getting food poisoning from it.

I usually get a meal combo of fried rice with shrimp, won ton soup, a bag of chips, and a soda. Filling and good taste.

Seriously? You spend time in a country where tasty, fresh well-cooked food is available just about everywhere, and you buy frozen food?

I get that some people fear they will have their two week holiday spoiled by spending time on the toilet, but it's very easy to spot where to buy street food, and where not to... As I'm sure you know!

Maybe my stomach is just hardened by travelling all over the world for the past decade, but until now I have only had one experience with food poisoning in Thailand, and that was an up-scale restaurant in Krabi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But processed food has been proven by the food industry to be much healthier for you!

That whole food stuff is just a con by hippies--who would trust them long hairs?

Pad pik pow ghai at the world famous and 5* Michelin Guide Book rated TIN CUP on soi Buk 40 baht :GoldenSmile1:

Can't remember the restaraunt name but opposite rolling stone bar on walking street outside dinning and inside dinning great food great service best stakes and the tastiest soup I ever tried quite spicy local put me onto it can't remember name of soup has all kinds of seafood and meat started with L I think quiet a common asian dish

Nang Nual

A roast duck "banquet" with all the rice and salad trimmings gets me the current GF and a couple of her mates in a couple of times a week. Leng Kee restaurant on Pattaya Klang. Never had a poor dish there in over a dozen visits.

Last few days I've had an infected wisdom tooth removed and everything hurt, so I have been eating number 14 at the roo bar, rissoles onion gravy and mash, only thing I could get in my mouth, quite tasty and easily chewable

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Leng Kee is my favorite too. They have some excellent duck curry and they do very good pork satay. My current favorite is chicken with cashew nuts, of course it is available all over, but this is the best I've had anywhere.

Leng Kee is very reasonably priced and popular restaurant. Even on weekdays in low season they can be totally full after 9 PM.

Ate a lot of steaks on the last trip. When I was in Pattaya ate mostly Lamb (or I think it was sheep) on the open restaurant on soi bokau (200 baht for the meal).

And chicken legs (and organs) late at night between bar and bed.

Leng Kee is my favorite too. They have some excellent duck curry and they do very good pork satay. My current favorite is chicken with cashew nuts, of course it is available all over, but this is the best I've had anywhere.Leng Kee is very reasonably priced and popular restaurant. Even on weekdays in low season they can be totally full after 9 PM.

i love leng kee.

i love leng kee.

I went back-to-back days on my last trip - very happy with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Soi 15 leading from Second Road into Walking Street. Like Soi Marine further down it is the access route for most gogo girls in the early evening.

Sit at Nana Café and watch the passing parade. Stunning.

Stewed pork with rice 50 baht. kao ka moo.

Simple, easy and quick.

Then head out....

I just visited Nana Cafe. Cheapest pork dish I saw on the menu was 150 baht! I went ahead and got a thai curry, which was good but spicy. And yes, I asked for "mai ped". Where do I find the 50 baht dish?

Mickey D's is always reliable and fresh. There's one at Royal Garden, one near W.S. entrance sign, one at Avenue, and several others.

KFC, Pizza Hut, you can say these fast food joints are my go to meal. Fast and easy, in and out.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I'm trying to eat more healthily right now, so eating at home a lot :( brown rice, quinoa, chicken breast, grouper, sweet potatoes, turkey 

but..

I do also let myself eat stuff like this 2 or 3 times a week normally after I finish thai language school

Irish rover 99b breakfast

Carls Jr combo - normally chicken honey mustard or chicken south western bacon 145b buy 4 get 1 free

and try different stuff off menu at Foodland (took lae dee restaurant)

eggs benedict with parma ham, 72b with coffee, fresh orange and iced water

american breakfast - 59 bhat (I think thats before 9am) with coffee, fresh orange and iced water before 9am

Indian style curry - about 87b 

glass of red wine... 72b - they also sell Asahi beer which makes a good change for about 70b a small

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

Archived