IGNORED

Best Hotel for a first timer!

jamespond

First time I went on my own,didn't know anywhere in Pattaya,stayed at Tims Boutique (now Intimate),went straight out on the lash,& coming back worse for wear from Walking St in the early hours had difficulty finding it as it was set back on a side road.So next time stayed at a hotel on the Beach Rd.That way I could walk straight down Beach Rd and know my hotel was gonna be on a Soi on my right near the beach.

Yes mate getting to Pattaya from Bangkok no problem shouldn't pay more than 1500 for taxi. As for hotels the Areca lodge is a nice all round joint but not cheap. Can always stay above one of the bars for about 650 a night in low season.

Have you booked a place in BKK yet? Around Soi 4 is a good starting place with plenty of bars and Nana Plaza handy, you can catch the BTS for Cowboy, MBK etc. Majestic Suites, The Dawin and Boss Suites are all good.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Got my home work to do!

This is making me want to just bypass bangkok and go straight to pattaya when i land! Lol

That is a good idea

Galaxy Suites, Soi Diamond, Walking St.  You cannot get more in the middle of the action.  http://www.galaxysuitespattaya.com

If you want "close to action" try Galaxy Suites (link in quote above). I had three friends stay there at short notice last month and they could not have been better taken care off.

For others check out the P-A Most Booked hotels thread here

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you booked a place in BKK yet? Around Soi 4 is a good starting place with plenty of bars and Nana Plaza handy, you can catch the BTS for Cowboy, MBK etc. Majestic Suites, The Dawin and Boss Suites are all good.

stayed at majestic last year first night in Thailand and taxied to pattaya the next morning. Great location and great service, staying there again for one night this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want "close to action" try Galaxy Suites (link in quote above). I had three friends stay there at short notice last month and they could not have been better taken care off.

I stayed there as a walk in guest in February (I think it was). Getting more central than this would be difficult, and the room+location was most definitely worth the 800 I paid. A little on the small side, maybe, but rents must be terrible around Walking Street, so I don't blame them. I'm not so super sure it's the best choice for every first timer (much as the Queen Vic isn't exactly perfect for anyone who wouldn't be comfortable on the six), but judging by what the OP has posted elsewhere, I think he'd do just fine there.

Areca is going to be my first port of call,i probably will end up staying some were else as well!

Im doing pats first then on my last day or 2 im going to go take in the sights n sounds of bkk!

1month to go!!!

You can't go wrong with Areca, have fun.

Cheers

I definitely will!!

Thats for sure!:)

I might actually be in the neighbourhood at the same time. I'll ping you unless my boss decides to be a bitch (and I can't go).

I might actually be in the neighbourhood at the same time. I'll ping you unless my boss decides to be a bitch (and I can't go).

Good stuff!

Let me know mate

LK Renasance is a good mongrr hotel, great location to Soi LK clubs, and it's easy to catch a baht bus to and from walking street.

Very girl friendly, brought back two stunners a few years back to celebrate my 50th birthday, as u was turning the girls ID in to the front desk, I requested some extra towels...about 5 min later I had my towels and the bell boy wanted to know if I wanted ant ED meds. LOL

I'd recommend LK Renaissance too. I stayed there my first time in patts for 3 nights, great central location and nice big rooms. Nice breakky and friendly staff to boot.

Stay 3 days in bangkok,get a taxi from my hotel to pattaya and hopefully get a taxi driver who knows were hes going in pattaya!lol

They don't know. It's better to call the taxi from Pattaya as you also don't know the directions.

Archived