Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Hotel for a first timer!

jamespond

Just wanted to know whats the best hotel for a first timer in pattaya?

One thats girl friendly,

Near to the bars & isnt expensive?

So many to choose from!

For your first visit I'd stay somewhere on the baht taxi route to make it easier to get around. So stick to a hotel that's on one of the Sois between Beach Rd and Second Road.

What do you consider expensive?

Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 has rooms from 800 baht a night. Easy to get the bah taxi, close to Body massage places, supermarket and some bars. A bit further to get down to Walking Street.

Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 is probably around 1500 baht a night. Plenty of bars and restaurants on Sois 7 & 8. Easy to get baht taxi and not too far to Soi 6 or Walking Street. Could even walk it if not too hot.

Both completely GF.

Plenty of others. Do you want a nice pool? Room with balcony? Or just somewhere to rest between sessions?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Addict owner/manager and to date 99% Addict guests. Bar downstairs and in the heart of the action. 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Bay Breeze. Cheap. Decent. Girl Friendly. Safe. On Baht bus route. Close to Beach Road/WS/LK Metro/Central Festival. 7/11 downstairs. 2 bars right opposite to the hotel. Decent food. Pool.Good WiFi.

Thanks guys,im going to have a study of this!

I think it might be the case of after my 3 days in bangkok, just getting down to pattaya and deciding when i get there!

Oh yeh one other thing,will i be able to get a taxi driver in bangkok to drive me down to pattaya??

I think it might be the case of after my 3 days in bangkok, just getting down to pattaya and deciding when i get there!

Oh yeh one other thing,will i be able to get a taxi driver in bangkok to drive me down to pattaya??

Deciding when you get there for a 1st timer, not a good idea. Walking round with bags looking for somewhere suitable in the sun is not fun.

Check the recommendations by board members on this page, do a search on hotels on other pages, book a night in somewhere central that takes your fancy, if you are happy extend if not take a stroll...bagless!

As said we can't gauge your price by the phrase not expensive, but if your on a budget get the bus to Pattaya from Ekamai(it is on the bts train line) bus terminal in Bkk

mo chit  :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.transitbangkok.com/stations/Bangkok%20Bus/Mochit%202%20_%20Northeastern%20Bus%20Terminal

http://www.pattayabus.com/en/routes-schedules/bangkok-to-pattaya/

Don't take the bus like a CC. Pay 1500 and get a taxi down to Pattaya. Ask your hotel in Bangkok or a travel agent nearby.

Book a hotel before getting there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yep.think its best to book hotel a day or 2 in advance! Dont want to be walking around like a schmuck!!

Addict owner/manager and to date 99% Addict guests. Bar downstairs and in the heart of the action.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/

Sounds like an idea mate!

Don't take the bus like a CC. Pay 1500 and get a taxi down to Pattaya. Ask your hotel in Bangkok or a travel agent nearby.

Book a hotel before getting there.

taking the bus is actually very easy, I always took taxis until I tried the bus.aircon, big comfortable seats, and for the price I paid, I got a free short time compared to taxi fare.

But for first time, better to book a taxi and hotel.

Just wanted to know whats the best hotel for a first timer in pattaya?

One thats girl friendly,

Near to the bars & isnt expensive?

Hey James,

If you want something close to Walking Street, how about Secrets on Soi 14 or Jasmine hotel on Soi BJ, they are both cheap and good first timer hotels. Check out the reviews and pics on Tripadvisor. Whatever hotel you choose, book early if you're going during high season.

Sabai Lodge.  Soi 2.  Nice pool, close to Big C, near Soapy massage, decent value for baht and on the baht bus route...

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

LK Renasance is a good mongrr hotel, great location to Soi LK clubs, and it's easy to catch a baht bus to and from Walking Street.

Very girl friendly, brought back two stunners a few years back to celebrate my 50th birthday, as u was turning the girls ID in to the front desk, I requested some extra towels...about 5 min later I had my towels and the bell boy wanted to know if I wanted ant ED meds. LOL

Having been a 1st time visitor a number of years ago now (8 and counting) and having about 12+ trips since, I'd recommend some place around Soi 13 - Soi 10 or in Soi Diana for the 1st timer. My 1st visit I booked through a mate who had a travel agency and wound up in Woodlands Resort up in Naklua. Lovely hotel, but not exactly near the main areas. 2nd time stayed in Sandy Springs.

Essentially Patts is a big rectangle about a kilometer in diameter from Soi 1 to Walking Street, from Beach road up to 2nd road and on. It's much easier to get around than Bangers (most of the time)

Soi 10 - 13 & Soi Diana is pretty much in the middle and very easy to get to most places within 10 mins walking or to jump on a baht bus.

You probably should do a search on Agoda (remember to book though the link on the website :) ) for Central Pattaya and then filter in your price range and review score, but I reckon you'll see hotels like Areca Lodge, LK Renaissance, LK Metropole, Intimate hotel aka Tim Boutique, Page10, Sea Me Spring 1 and 2 will score highly. There are also a few on Soi 13 that are reasonably priced and quiet at night, Sandy Springs (book direct) and Whitehouse Condotel, Inn House.

Have a ball.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

My first time I went to flipper lodge soi8 in my opinion one of the best hotels in Pattaya.

I would recommend the op book 2-3 nights in here and have a look round to see what else is on offer.

Got my home work to do!

This is making me want to just bypass bangkok and go straight to pattaya when i land! Lol

Got my home work to do!

This is making me want to just bypass bangkok and go straight to pattaya when i land! Lol

There is some sense in the taxi from the airport if you don't know your way around yet. Mr T will pick you up with the driver waiting to pick you up outside of immigration and drop you to your accom for 1000b, slightly dearer from BKK central. With the bus you have to find the pick up point, pay a couple of hundred for the bus, you get dropped off at the terminal up by third rd, then you will get ripped off by the bus station taxi bastards who want more than the bus fare from BKK to take you 2 km to your room. Sure it is a little dearer but when you factor in the mess around/annoyance level it becomes pretty good value.

BKK first or after Patts is another tough call. Pattaya first is easier in lots of ways for a first timer it is easier to get around and easier to get your head around, the problem is you might never get to BKK because your having such a blast 555

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

There is some sense in the taxi from the airport if you don't know your way around yet. Mr T will pick you up with the driver waiting to pick you up outside of immigration and drop you to your accom for 1000b, slightly dearer from BKK central. With the bus you have to find the pick up point, pay a couple of hundred for the bus, you get dropped off at the terminal up by third rd, then you will get ripped off by the bus station taxi bastards who want more than the bus fare from BKK to take you 2 km to your room. Sure it is a little dearer but when you factor in the mess around/annoyance level it becomes pretty good value.

BKK first or after Patts is another tough call. Pattaya first is easier in lots of ways for a first timer it is easier to get around and easier to get your head around, the problem is you might never get to BKK because your having such a blast 555

Its defo a tough call.

But this is the plan:

Stay 3 days in bangkok,get a taxi from my hotel to pattaya and hopefully get a taxi driver who knows were hes going in pattaya!lol

Going to a book a hotel for a day or 2 in patts before i get there just so i can get my bearings.whatever way its all fun!

Archived