Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tour de France

sinbad5

Dramatic end to the first stage in Harrogate,its a shame for hometown hero Mark cavendish who went down a few hundred yards from home.

As did Aussie Simon Gerrans, actually Cavendish knocked him over.

"I'm gutted about the crash today," Cavendish said later in a statement. "It was my fault. I'll personally apologize to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance."

Exciting finish though.

It all starts again in a couple of hours.

Is Cavendish out of the Tour?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to Love Tour De France , not anymore , riding on the mountain is easier now with modern bike .

Used to Love Tour De France , not anymore , riding on the mountain is easier now with modern bike .

Aye, and what this with covered pitches and lycra bathing suits!?

Today's odd English place name - "Blubberhouses".

Today's odd English place name - "Blubberhouses".

Thats nothing,hows about `Bell end`,i kid you not! :GoldenSmile1:

I used to watch the TDF a lot and was really into it.  Tried to overlook the drug aspect of it but now it has just gone out of control.  Lance's fall from grace made it appear that everyone was drugged.  Now I don't have much interest in professional cycling. 

I'm more involved in my own cycling and the events I do.  These are recreational events, not races.  A friend of mine puts on a charity ride every year from Chiang Mai to BKK and BKK to Phuket.  Good fun if ya got the time and sponsorship money.

Easier, maybe!

but easy?  NO!!

otherwise you wouldn't see so many pro riders blow up. 

Case in point last night, towards the finish there were several top riders, Froome, Contador included who were busting a gut and could not pull away from the others.  Nibali stole a march on them just off the rise, and went on to win.

That is Day 2, wait until they hit The Alps, there will be plenty on "modern bikes" who will be going backwards, like they have a reverse gear.

Great viewing, the drama, the talent, the heart, the guts !!

Easier, maybe!

but easy? NO!!

otherwise you wouldn't see so many pro riders blow up.

Case in point last night, towards the finish there were several top riders, Froome, Contador included who were busting a gut and could not pull away from the others. Nibali stole a march on them just off the rise, and went on to win.

That is Day 2, wait until they hit The Alps, there will be plenty on "modern bikes" who will be going backwards, like they have a reverse gear.

Great viewing, the drama, the talent, the heart, the guts !!

Not to mention that the routes are tougher and steeper now.

Tough day today on cobblestone and heavy rain, Lars Boom won the race , Chris Froome is out of Tour De France leaving it wide open, Spainsh Contador will win the Tour , only over 2 minute behind the leader with Richie porter a threat,

Tough day today on cobblestone and heavy rain, Lars Boom won the race , Chris Froome is out of Tour De France leaving it wide open, Spainsh Contador will win the Tour , only over 2 minute behind the leader with Richie porter a threat,

Now that you don't love it anymore you have become a commentator!  btw it is Richie PORTE, just in case he becomes a bigger threat.

Chris Froome obviously didn't have a new bike, he didn't find it easy even staying upright, let alone the mountains.

Wow,a wet stage.

And mountainous!

Well done Blel Kadri!

FWIW i still think armstrong is the champ.......They are all pretty much on drugs-so he was the best drug optimizer on tour.....

Contador got a bad crash , the frame on his bike cracked, leg injuring ,but still manage to ride again, Porte and few leaders is gaining a lot of time from this . Will be very hard for Contador to recover the lost time of the yellow shirts leading table .

Contador has pulled out of Tour De a France with bad injuring , he gave up after trying again after the crash, Froome and Contador is out will put the race wide open .

A wet and wild night in the mountains, then peace in the valleys. Couldn't believe the speeds they were doing on the downhill sections of wet roads in pouring rain. Balls of steel.

Contador got a bad crash , the frame on his bike cracked, leg injuring ,but still manage to ride again, Porte and few leaders is gaining a lot of time from this . Will be very hard for Contador to recover the lost time of the yellow shirts leading table .

I saw where Specialized, the manufacturer of the bike, and the team made a statement that the bike was not broken before or as a result of the crash.  Seeing a carbon fiber frame broken is not good for sales.

Nibali probably will win the Tour de France very easily, the best mountain cycler ever seen , only 24 yrs old from Italy , blew everyone out on top of the mountain . Porte is gone , over 10 minutes behind the leader.

Nibali came second in another tough mountain race today , very impressive . Porte is fucked now , no chance for him, only second or third , may have a chance . Pinot and Valverde . Over four minute behind Nibali , I am now a fan of Nibali for his brilliant gritting cycler on mountain events .

Yeah i thought with Froome and Contadoir out we might actually have an open Tour. But looks like things cant go wrong for Nibali anymore.

Im still rooting for my fellow countryman Mollema to finish in the top 3, but highly unlikely.

Michael Rogers of Australia won his first ever stage in Tour De France after 10 years of trying. The first native English speaking to win this year stage . He has a bit of tussle with Voeckler , saying to him to back off . No change to the yellow shirt , Nibali still lead by 4 minute and 37 seconds . Not over til the fat lady sings

Great performance Leopold Konig. 7th place in the overall ranking is amazing. :Clap9:

Tomorrow attack on the 6th ranking place.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Any other ex cyclists on the board?

Nibali won yesterday last mountain stage ti go over 7 minutes lead in yellow shirt , now only three stages left including time trial tomorrow . Nothing will stop him winning his first Tour De France . Time trial will be good to watch for 2nd , 3rd and fourth battle it out for second place , they are all nearly in same time .

Last day today for Tour De France , with Nibali a winner already with nearly 8 minutes advantage . Today race is a race for the sprinters and few top sprinters such as Sagan, Kittel , Martin and few others want to win today's stage .Nibali was impressive in yesterday's Time trial coming fourth before Martin winner . Wonder , would Contandor and Froome would make any difference if they were not out injured ? Hopefully next year , they will not be unlucky like this year .

• 1 year later...

the manx missile hits number 29 second only to eddy merckx for stage wins

Archived