IGNORED

Best Chinese Restaurant in Pattaya

Iv'e just discovered that  the China Garden has closed its Chinese restaurant to be replaced by a steak house. As it was my favourite, am at a loss to find another one. Can anyone tell me of a good Chinese restaurant, within  a reasonable distance from my hotel in Soi 13, arriving in two weeks time.

Much appreciated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leng Kee on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Bua Kao is cheap and good .

Iv'e just discovered that  the China Garden has closed its Chinese restaurant to be replaced by a steak house. As it was my favourite, am at a loss to find another one. Can anyone tell me of a good Chinese restaurant, within  a reasonable distance from my hotel in Soi 13, arriving in two weeks time.

Much appreciated.

Wok n Rock are meant to be good on Soi Baukaw... near Jolly's.

Ian

Leng Kee on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Bua Kao is cheap and good .

I agree, when i lived in that area I went there a lot, open late as well, good stopping off place at 3am for a nosh, great duck.

I agree, when i lived in that area I went there a lot, open late as well, good stopping off place at 3am for a nosh, great duck.

Agreed Leng Kee is very good , Duck is lovely and tender, you should also check out Wok N Nok , it will remind you of British Chinese take away . Never tried the duck there, but their beef is very good.

Agreed Leng Kee is very good , Duck is lovely and tender, you should also check out Wok N Nok , it will remind you of British Chinese take away . Never tried the duck there, but their beef is very good.

I keep looking out the window, not seen anything yet

Wok n Rock are meant to be good on Soi Baukaw... near Jolly's.

Ian

+1 good, nearest thing to a British Chinese if that is what your looking for 

If you liked the China Garden then Wok and Rok is for you. Tasteless kids Chinese with overpriced tiny portions.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query    its given me  a couplle of places to sample

Much appreciated.

China Garden restaurant was a flawed concept, which is why it failed.

Why would anyone want to eat "British" Chinese food in Thailand??

Thai Chinese food is much better, and cheaper (go to Leng Kee).

The Thai chefs in China Garden have obviously never been to UK, or tasted UK Chinese food.

So there is therefore no surprise that they cannot cook it.

Why Wok n Rock should follow a failed concept is beyond me.

They are a new launch, so will take some time to fail.

Sorry to be brutal, but sometimes it's better to cut the crap.

My comments in no way reflect on the China Garden hotel, which is excellent.

Owner of wok n rock lived in the uk cooking chinease takeaway,think they will be ok.Seems they know what they are doing by all accounts

Wok/Rok does not have duck on menu

Weird for a chinky

there is no authentic chinese restaurant in pattaya.china garden was really bad and overpriced and it is closed.

wok n rok is same.leng kee is the only choice to go.their duck is really tasty and they cook good thai too

Sorry, you're wrong. There are about 3 pretty good Chinese restaurants, but they are relatively hard to find.

Sorry, you're wrong. There are about 3 pretty good Chinese restaurants, but they are relatively hard to find.

can u share info about these authentic chinese restaurants...I would be happy to visit them

One is called Shanghai Noodles or something like that. On Third Road on the west side between Central and North Pattaya roads almost up to North Pattaya Road--I'd say a couple hundred meters before North Pattaya Road. They make their own noodles in the front of the shop. They have some nice dumplings with the broth inside the dumplings.

Second is called Pao. It's on Central Road between 2nd Road and 3rd Road on the northern side. It's up a hundred meters or so past Soi Buakow. In other words, it's up a bit (3 minute walk) from Lengkee Restaurant (that's a Thai-chinese place) towards 3rd Road on the opposite side of the street. Lime green paint on the place. Only opens at 6 pm. A couple Hong Kong chefs run the place as a labor of love apparently--they often close for months at a time.

Third place is near Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and just opened. There's a thread on Thaivisa on the restaurant currently. It's called Petit Chinese restaurant apparently. It's on the corner of Soi Potisan 2. I have yet to try it.

I didn't mention these places earlier as they are not in the area the OP mentioned (and I'm lazy).

One is called Shanghai Noodles or something like that. On Third Road on the west side between Central and North Pattaya roads almost up to North Pattaya Road--I'd say a couple hundred meters before North Pattaya Road. They make their own noodles in the front of the shop. They have some nice dumplings with the broth inside the dumplings.

Second is called Pao. It's on Central Road between 2nd Road and 3rd Road on the northern side. It's up a hundred meters or so past Soi Buakow. In other words, it's up a bit (3 minute walk) from Lengkee Restaurant (that's a Thai-chinese place) towards 3rd Road on the opposite side of the street. Lime green paint on the place. Only opens at 6 pm. A couple Hong Kong chefs run the place as a labor of love apparently--they often close for months at a time.

Third place is near Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and just opened. There's a thread on Thaivisa on the restaurant currently. It's called Petit Chinese restaurant apparently. It's on the corner of Soi Potisan 2. I have yet to try it.

I didn't mention these places earlier as they are not in the area the OP mentioned (and I'm lazy).

OH MY GOD!!!  You're a life saver... 

Can't stand British Chinese (Ever since I was served chow mein with brown gravy over it in London..)...  China Garden came closest until they changed cooks...

I have to try the first one out...  Dumplings and handmade (I hope) noodles...  hope they're open for lunch today...

They should be open. The guy makes the noodles in the front window and you can watch him do it.

The noodles with beef stew is quite good. To be honest, even though the noodles are hand made, they're not that great. But the beef stew is nice.

To get a better idea of what to order, check out this (mis-named) thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/609362-new-chinese-restaurant-in-pattaya-ting-tai-fu-off-3rd-road-north/page-4

thank u very much expatdude  :GoldenSmile1:

I appreciate your great knowledge of culinary in pattaya .I will try this chinese places in August  :Finger5:

Thanks for the info expatdude.

I was getting excited about No 2 until noticing the opening time + long closures.

The other 2 are too far to go for a meal from LK Metro, so can't be arsed.

It's back to the Leng Kee for me :)

Yeah, I've still not gone to Pao. I've heard it's really really good, though, so it might be worth the effort if you're hungry at the right time. It's very close to Leng Kee.

• 8 months later...

The best Chinese have now to be the restaurants in the hotels Dusit Thani and Royal Cliff.

Not cheap.

Can't think of any other venues really hitting the right spot with Western taste for Chinese food.

Some other places try, like

Chow Box on Thappraya Road

Wok & Rock in soi Buakhow

Chow Soy in soi ... err... is it chayapruek ? (next to Oasis gogo in soi Buakhow)

But all were a disappointment, mostly in the taste department.

Shanghai noodles is so-so, but is rather expensive and only has a handful of tasty dishes.

There are a handful of traditional Chinese restaurants though, serving shark fin soup, bird nests and chicken feet... not my cup of tea.

Archived