IGNORED

Best Chinese Restaurant in Pattaya

Thai Chinese Restaurant:

Flying morning glory restaurant (pak boon loy fa), soi LK turn left at the Third Road, 5 min walk. There is no English on its signage board. But you can't miss it because its quite large.

Another, more popular Flying morning glory restaurant is on the Second Road, beneath the large plasma TV

Nam Sing Bird's nest & Shark's Fin, Second Road, next to Royal Garden Plaza

Jae Daeng Seafood Restaurant, J/N of Second Road and Soi 9

A small restaurant by Macau Chinese, cannot recall its name, on Second Road opposite of Soi 7

Finally, a more tourist oriented ones, Moon Aroi Seafood Restaurant (or translated as Mum Aroi), one is in North Pattaya, another in Nakhla.

Chinese have been in Thailand at least since Ayutthaya period. Many dishes have been integrated into the menu of Central Region of Thailand. Many dishes in Thai Chinese restaurants are similar to Mainland Chinese food.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Macau place is not exceptional.

Chinese Thai food has a different flavor profile from regional Chinese food, just as Western Chinese food does. 

But it can be good, just different. 

Morning Glory place is much more of a Thai restaurant than even a Chinese Thai restaurant and certainly isn't a Chinese restaurant. 

Nam Sing also not exceptional. Even something basic like ma po tofu or chow fun noodles  not impressive. 

As more Chinese visit Pattaya, the situation will improve.

There are also a Sechuan restaurants in inner Jomtien and on 2nd road across from Grand Sole hotel. Both overpriced, the Jomtien one is better.

Inside central downstairs by the food court there's a chinese dim sum place, I was there almost everyday for lunch, they also have shark fin soup, the chicken feet is very tasty

Thai Chinese Restaurant:

Flying morning glory restaurant (pak boon loy fa), soi LK turn left at the Third Road, 5 min walk. There is no English on its signage board. But you can't miss it because its quite large.

Another, more popular Flying morning glory restaurant is on the Second Road, beneath the large plasma TV

And another on Pattaya Glang.

Average Thai Food at best, and quite pricey for what you get.

Thai Chinese Restaurant:

Finally, a more tourist oriented ones, Moon Aroi Seafood Restaurant (or translated as Mum Aroi), one is in North Pattaya, another in Nakhla.

Mum Aroi doesn't look very touristy/Chinese orientated to me . I love to eat there but the place is usually packed with (Bangkok) Thais .   

Thai Chinese Restaurant:

A small restaurant by Macau Chinese, cannot recall its name, on Second Road opposite of Soi 7

Chinese have been in Thailand at least since Ayutthaya period. Many dishes have been integrated into the menu of Central Region of Thailand. Many dishes in Thai Chinese restaurants are similar to Mainland Chinese food.

All of these "Thai Chinese" restaurants make dishes with flavors that are still very close to Thai cooking.

Their dishes are not what I want to eat when I want Chinese food - I crave northern Chinese food, whereas southern Chinese food shares many dishes with Thai-Chinese food.

Leng Kee on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Bua Kao is cheap and good .

I like Leng Kee, a must go restaurant.

Sometimes I buy a bottle of wine from the corner mini mart/ bottle shop at the j/n of Second Road, cannot remember its name.

Leng Kee allows BYOB and does not charge corkage. I order a bucket of ice. A waiter will bring me a wine glass.

• 4 years later...
On 03/02/2015 at 20:46, tonyacat said:

Thai Chinese Restaurant:

I second that one, probably the best in Pattaya but more and more empty, probably due to relatively high prices...

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2015 at 18:51, manarak said:

All of these "Thai Chinese" restaurants make dishes with flavors that are still very close to Thai cooking.

Their dishes are not what I want to eat when I want Chinese food - I crave northern Chinese food, whereas southern Chinese food shares many dishes with Thai-Chinese food.

Yeah agreed , most of them are thai chinese

Have you tried Chinatown Pattaya? Between Drinking Street and T21?

Please remember to like and subscribe.

Archived