IGNORED

The Masters 2014

Steven B'stard

That time of year again when the first Golf major is just 2 days away, coming from the famous Augusta National.

I am so looking forward to watching even though it will mean a few late nights viewing from here in the UK.

I would like the golf fans on here to select your 3 best players to follow.just a bit of fun,  there are no prizes to be won.

My 3 to watch are  

Rory Mcilroy  -  This young guy is still young and hungry enough to do it and bury his demons of a couple of years ago when he went into the last round with a 4 shot lead and played one of the worst rounds of his life.  I think he is finally getting to grips with his new Nike equipment and will have a good tournament.  Current odds   10/1    (a bit slim i feel)

Ian Poulter   -   This guy seems to play his best golf on American soil and is the type of player i like,  aggressive!   He has came close on many an occasion to lifting a major prize.   

Current odds   60/1 

Stephen Gallagher   -  I have selected this guy as i  know him personally, have enjoyed a few beers with him in our local hotel/bar.  He is the nephew of former Ryder Cup captain Bernard Gallagher and the golf club where they both learned to play the game is 500 yards from my home.

Stephen was making great progress before illness and a serious back problem brought him to a standstill and he was out of the game for a few years.  He is back to his best now and the last two years he has been climbing up the rankings and in February this year became the first player ever to retain The Dubai Desert Classic, link -  http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/02/stephen-gallacher-dubai-desert-classic

he has won over $1 million this year already and is looking good to have a big tournament.

Current odds 200/1    (i have to have a few quid on each way)

So guys,  who are your 3 to follow this week at Augusta ???

No matter who wins i'm sure it will be a great tournament,  it is a special venue. 

Stevie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is always a tricky one and I seem to be the kiss of death for anyone that I select, but I fancy MATT KUCHAR, ZACH JOHNSON and HENRIK STENSON to do well.

Will get back to you buddy cheers chris :Think1:  got to think

Wriggley Tin 1

Will get back to you buddy cheers chris :Think1:  got to think

Take your time Chris,  Kick off Thursday

This is always a tricky one and I seem to be the kiss of death for anyone that I select, but I fancy MATT KUCHAR, ZACH JOHNSON and HENRIK STENSON to do well.

Kuchar   -    22/1

Johnson -    28/1

Stenson -    30/1

Stevie

I fancy Ricky Fowler this year, he has the skill & a cool head to win his first Major... :Cross_Fingers:

Who knows but i'll enjoy the Masters regardless...

Masters is always tricky.  Got to pick whoever has the hot putter cause the course itself can be had by these guys except for the tricky greens.

Lefty has proven he can win there.  I guess if I'm in a predicting mood I go Michelson, Scott and Bubba Watson.  No real reason just cause.   :hello09:

Really looking forward to it.  I might put a few baht on Jason Day tomorrow (e/w) and maybe Matt Kucher.  I think Jordan Speith will do well on his rookie attempt.  As a lifelong Tiger fan, it's a shame but I hope he comes back fully fit.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Both Adam Scott and Jason Day are on form so have to be favored because of their length and all around games.  

As always, Phil Mickelson can be cold one week and win a major the next so I would not be surprised if he got his 4th green jacket.

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Rory

I favor Rory :)

I like Dustin's GF :)

I await Adam's putter woes :)

hi stevie,a better bet for you is Gallagher ew 50s to be top euro,just been looking at his stats for last tornament very good. not decided yet looking at kuch,ricky,and the duff.going to be great 4 days,will be having a bet after the cut.

hi stevie,a better bet for you is Gallagher ew 50s to be top euro,just been looking at his stats for last tornament very good. not decided yet looking at kuch,ricky,and the duff.going to be great 4 days,will be having a bet after the cut.

I have a few quid E/W at 200/1  but i will look at that. Sounds a good price.

Edit  -  Okay Cinnamon, you have talked me into it, i have invested a few extra sovereigns on top European.  First 4 places on that sounds good to me. I got the 50/1.  Thanks. 

Stevie

I really hope Jason Day gets up at even Scott again would be deserving. Bubba Watson is my favourite American player and love watching the lefties.

The Duffmiester for me, on at 45/1

Adam Scott wouldn't be far away again but I do think an outside might come thought like Jordan Sperit can't spell . Mcilory or the man who deserves it's after twice getting close Jason Day

I will wait for the cut before I decide,but will have a small bet on gary woodland top yank ew for interest.

My top four are Jason Day, Rory, Jordan Speith and Angel Cabrerra.  Should  be a great week for golf.

Common sense is not very common.

Fowler, T. Olesen and McIlroy :-)

YNWASkål!

http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/23.jpg&text=I%27m%20back%20in%20Pattaya%2C%0Dwhere%20you%20never%20walk%20alone%20%3A%2D%29&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16711731&datesColor=0&year=2016&month=0&day=9&hour=11&minute=00&second=33&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

MySpace-Countdown-Clocks

McElroy is playing very well now so I think he'll be up there with Scott outside chance Scott stallings at 200/1

Okay lads, this is tomorrow's tee times and Threesomes,

http://www.augusta.com/masters/leaderboard

Hmmm, threesomes in golf. Sounds like a sport I might take up. Must have been introduced by the Tiger Woods bloke as he like sharing the salami around a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Masters is always tricky.  Got to pick whoever has the hot putter cause the course itself can be had by these guys except for the tricky greens.

Lefty has proven he can win there.  I guess if I'm in a predicting mood I go Michelson, Scott and Bubba Watson.  No real reason just cause.   :hello09:

Oops.Your second and third are ok.

Adam Scott may be a good guy, but that ceiling duster he wields on the green is fucking cheating IMO. Those long putters and Belly putters have no place in golf and should've been banned from the git-go.. The yips and shakes are part of golf and seperate the men from the boys. Fucking Tom Watson would've won about 100 majors if he had swallowed his pride and switched to one of those things. I'll be delighted when they're gone next year.

Adam Scott may be a good guy, but that ceiling duster he wields on the green is fucking cheating IMO. Those long putters and Belly putters have no place in golf and should've been banned from the git-go..

Have to agree,  don't like them.

Stevie

Archived