IGNORED

top of the line mobile kebabs/bbq soi LK Metro

striderman

Yes I did not  know that one either so was confused when he was telling me "passan - passan" on the phone. 555

It is the street with the beer bar complex in the middle island just up the road from Central festival going towards Central road.  THE opposite side of central Road is Soi 8.

Look for "Puy Beer Bar" on google maps and you will find it. His stand is right there.

:rolleyes:

Should have went to New Plaza.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

New Plaza. Is that what they were trying to say? It came out as "Passand" to me. 555

Had a chicken Tikka as an afternoon snack. Delicious and keeps well in the fridge.

Did not notice last night, but they give you a little bag of that green yogurt and herbs sauce with the Tikkas. So tasty. Just what I thought was the only thing missing. Add some nice basmati rice and this is a tasty full meal.  

• 1 month later...

I can attest that this bloke cooks a good chicken on stick...I always get a few from him around midnight on my way to Walking Street

I found him there and tried the chicken stick with Mint sauce. The chicken meat was very, very dry. After he sold it to me, he powered up his bike and drove away so it's not exactly a fixed location. I didn't hate it but I don't get the excitement about a super dry stick of spiced chicken. The spicing is recognizably Indian but very one dimensional. I can't see it really satisfying people who really want Indian food.

I found him there and tried the chicken stick with mint sauce. The chicken meat was very, very dry. After he sold it to me, he powered up his bike and drove away so it's not exactly a fixed location.

Its not just one Guy.

There is several vendors selling these kebabs.

It was the same setup as from the pictures here first post. It wasn't great. Maybe I got unlucky but no rush to try again as not only dry but the flavor wasn't much. 

It was the same setup as from the pictures here first post. It wasn't great. Maybe I got unlucky but no rush to try again as not only dry but the flavor wasn't much. 

I must just be lucky every time then.

I found him there and tried the chicken stick with mint sauce. The chicken meat was very, very dry. After he sold it to me, he powered up his bike and drove away so it's not exactly a fixed location. I didn't hate it but I don't get the excitement about a super dry stick of spiced chicken. The spicing is recognizably Indian but very one dimensional. I can't see it really satisfying people who really want Indian food.

The one time I had it in LK it was very try too (two months ago). Would not spend 50 baht on it again unless it was tender. Unfortunately you can't tell from looking at it when it's pre-cooked. You'd have to have it grilled fresh and tell them when to stop cooking it. 

I must just be lucky every time then.

Me too i guess never a dry one

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I think you must have gotten a different guy. I also fouund a similar one on 2nd road (outside Jim Beam) and it was very dry and bland compared to the real guy's Tikka. 

OK, how can we identify the not dry tikka guy?

Maybe cut a piece open but I doubt they will do that. If you know it's been cooked within 20 minutes you're probably safe. White chicken dries fast unless it's under cooked which is a far worse problem. Just ask him/her to make fresh ones for you. 10 minutes tops.

Maybe cut a piece open but I doubt they will do that. If you know it's been cooked within 20 minutes you're probably safe. White chicken dries fast unless it's under cooked which is a far worse problem. Just ask him/her to make fresh ones for you. 10 minutes tops.

I doubt that. When I had it there was a big stock waiting to be sold. Why would he agree to cooking new when he had a big stock?  After the order of course it was recooked because what was sitting was cold. 

I doubt that. When I had it there was a big stock waiting to be sold. Why would he agree to cooking new when he had a big stock?  After the order of course it was recooked because what was sitting was cold. 

To get a sale. Not kebabs, but I've had vendors cook fresh deep fried chicken for me twice as I didn't want what was sitting out. No problem at all. If it's that or no sale at all, I'm sure most vendors selling anything would prefer a sale. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you are shy to ask come at the beginning of the evening , around 6 PM, then it is fresh. 

• 1 month later...

I went looking for them last night and they are no longer at New Plaza. Does anyone know where thry are?

Definitely parked, close to the parking lot and toilets at New Plaza, around 9pm every night I am there.

And yes, that included last night.

It was the Guy with the BBQ Chef signage.

And the Chicken Tikka ones were succulent and delicious  :)

THansk. I was there just b4 9. SO I guess i goth there too early.

I did find another guy along Soi Bukhao that is good. Parked just oppsite the 7/11 just after you make the bend coming from Central rd.  

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, it was almost 10pm before one of them turned up and there was not a lot left.

Still managed to get a couple Chicken Tikkas.

BBQChef.jpg

• 6 months later...

Me too i guess never a dry one

never paid for 1 himself either !

certainly not last friday...........the chicken honey in the foreground, mine was the standard tikka behind

july 16 005 (Custom).JPG

I like it better that way

Sent from my LG G4

babydollsaddict.gif

I like it better that way

Sent from my LG G4

any comment on the product?

Yeah it was great even if I would have had to pay for it would have been great but the fact that you did made it that much better I think the key is getting them early if there's too much time between cooking and eating the chance of it drying out increases which would lead to a not so pleasant experience but every time I've had them they've been top-notch and Free By the way thank you

Sent from my LG G4

babydollsaddict.gif

Yeah it was great even if I would have had to pay for it would have been great but the fact that you did made it that much better I think the key is getting them early if there's too much time between cooking and eating the chance of it drying out increases which would lead to a not so pleasant experience but every time I've had them they've been top-notch and Free By the way thank you

Sent from my LG G4

Last time I ran into the guy on Soi Bukhao and I asked him to grill  some up fresh. It takes 10 minutes or so but they were delicious. 

Archived