Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

top of the line mobile kebabs/bbq soi LK Metro

striderman

now it's hard to track down something moblie but if u see one of these 2 motorcy combo's, stop me and buy one

50 bht each but these are the panzer tank of kebabs out here

jan feb 13 009_800x600.jpg

jan feb 13 014_800x600.jpg

LK Metro is on their evening rounds and boy do they sell some.

spotted the first one pull up outside the Metro sports bar and nipped out for 2 chicken tikka.

20 10 she had just pulled up and 15 inc my 2 on the bbq.

jan feb 13 008_800x600.jpg

count the sticks

jan feb 13 013_800x600.jpg

close up

jan feb 13 007_800x600.jpg

other choices, mine is top left

jan feb 13 011_800x600.jpg

delivered to the bar to save me waiting

verdict absolutely lovely, no question about it

jan feb 13 004_800x600.jpg

washed down with some -5 deg tiger beer that did the iceberg trick of coming out of the bottle Liquid and partly freezing in the glass. 3 in a row did this last night. magic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last night i weakened again, and it's footy on tv tonight so i face more temptation.

taken yesterday  about 21 00 near Queen Club and she has 17 sticks on the go, not just me who likes them , none of those are mine

jan feb 14 169_800x600.jpg

jan feb 14 170_800x600.jpg

The permanent tin shack between Sugar Sugar and Oscars is my favourite for lamb kebabs.

Never had any after affects either. A slim middle aged woman runs it.

I am not sure about street food. I am afraid of being poisoned. There is no chain of cold for this food.

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

The stall I tried last year for shishkebabs was round the corner down Soi Bukhaow (not far past Pooks) near the fruit seller on the left hand side. I think it was 50baht for a huge shish'.......Much nicer than the 60baht chicken babs that everybody tries.

Off Topic but.....Never got any stomach problems from the shish' stall but the chicken bab stall at the top of Soi Dianna had me sat on the loo for 24hrs last year. That was my fault as there were two people in front of me getting there's and without any further heat on the chicken she sliced more down for mine. I knew it could only be partially cooked but I was really drunk and hungry......that's always a bad time to eat takeaways even in your own country!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree striderman best mobile bbq I have tasted.

If you see Freds Ribs passing by have a crack at those, absolutely superb.

• 3 months later...

Had a couple the other night. Fantastic.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Had a couple the other night. Fantastic.

i had two last night. the best ones come from a guy and his missus and quite often they have their small child with them.

i'm addicted!!

• 1 month later...

there is now a night time embargo on food carts etc in soi LK Metro...........

runs from 19 00 ish to 01 00. military clamp down or Lenkee wanting a share or to protect food outlets in the soi i don't know.

june 6 091_800x600.jpg

not a clue what it says but i can see the pics !

june 5 094_800x600.jpg

this is the best guy. he now shows up about 18 30 most times near the Billabong.

handy in a way i can get my tikka and it's still happy hr in the Metro bar till 19 00

if you miss him here is the tel no.............0843500638

EDIT was in the soi at 18 03 tonight and he was already there.

the tikka was as usual very tasty

• 3 months later...

early yesterday evening about 17 45 myself and Soi7 were in the Metro and feeling peckish..........

sept 26 002_800x600.jpg

i had the chicken tikka, excellent as usual

sept 26 003_800x600.jpg

he sampled the mexican pork kebabs.

i managed to get a pic but not till after the greedy git had taken a bite from one.

when i asked him if they were good he answered........."shit i'm gonna have to find another route to work or i'll be after them every night"

early yesterday evening about 17 45 myself and Soi7 were in the Metro and feeling peckish..........

attachicon.gifsept 26 002_800x600.jpg

i had the chicken tikka, excellent as usual

attachicon.gifsept 26 003_800x600.jpg

he sampled the mexican pork kebabs.

i managed to get a pic but not till after the greedy git had taken a bite from one.

when i asked him if they were good he answered........."shit i'm gonna have to find another route to work or i'll be after them every night"

they were great and even better as you paid for them ;-} thanks great photos

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• 1 month later...

Any idea where they are now? I haven't seen them this trip on LK.

Any idea where they are now? I haven't seen them this trip on LK.

he's still about.

most days turns up about about 17 30 near the Billabong bar and is in LK Metro till 19.00 when the mobile food outlets face their curfew in the soi.

after that he is around and about sometimes in soi diana sometimes buakoaw and often near the triangle bar in chairypoon

he's still about.

most days turns up about about 17 30 near the billabong bar and is in LK Metro till 19.00 when the mobile food outlets face their curfew in the soi.

after that he is around and about sometimes in soi diana sometimes buakoaw and often near the triangle bar in chairypoon

Thanks. Now I have to get up early.

Thanks. Now I have to get up early.

there can be a slight bonus.

i eat mine in the metro sports bar and the happy hour there goes till 19.00.

so i can have a couple of tikka's and some cold tigers at 50 bht a time to wash them down :Dance1:

• 8 months later...

He seems to be permanently set up now just to the right of Kaos agogo. There at all times of the night now which is a bonus.

He seems to be permanently set up now just to the right of Kaos agogo. There at all times of the night now which is a bonus.

your correct. must be renting a stall to get more trade.....

july 15 001 (Custom).JPG

still 50 bht a stick

july 15 002 (Custom).JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I always wanted to try but can never find him ,

Or if I do find him , I've already eaten .

They look value for money

They are superb as on my recent trip 3 weeks ago sampled them on 4 occasions. The location that I found for him was opposite Pooks bar near Bangkok Bank. Still 50 Baht each also.

There is at least 6 vendors selling these kebabs, not just one.

There is at least 6 vendors selling these kebabs, not just one.

Never said there was just one! But the one that this thread is about, who is by far the best and most consistent, is now set up on Soi LK as per my post.

Archived