Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Some big accident happened...

coolsmoe

Think a ferry sunk or something like that. Many ambulances @the pier and I see boats and jet ski's comming in with people... I do not see casualties and people look dry... Correction, I do see casualties, a few people are being reanimated, and by the looks of it, he is not going to make it. :( little child also fighting for his life. :(

Another thread here also worth reading http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/175764-anyone-hear-anything-about-a-koh-larn-ferry-sinking/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look good.... keep us posted....

Edit: several reports on twitter of a boat capsize.....

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Yes, must be something like that...

Lot of people are returning with the ferries and what do those stupid cunts do? Get into the way of the ambulances etc... At least keep a fucking path clear.

I hear, but not sure, it was a bigger boat kapsized, around 100 people... But this is not verified.

Damn! I was wondering what was going on over there. Just saw all the ambulance lights while being on the balcony. Anyone got more news? 

According to a certain ex-loansharks twitter feed a few minutes ago,

"@timsharky: I counted more than 30 ambulances down under the Pattaya sign.. Apparently ferry has sunk.. Sad news.."

with the fire the other day I noticed nobody gets out of the way for the ambulances or emergency responders.  FFS, get out of the way and stop being onlookers.  Let the emergency people through and clear the road.

Talking to a guy who was performing CPR on the kid I saw. He told me there where not enough life jackets on board and they don't even know how many pl were on the boat. Police said the catain is going to jail for sure.

Was doing some diving courses a while back and noticed these ferries leaving the pier ....

image.jpg

Was told they have plenty of life vests, but I'd doubt there is a briefing on what to do in an emergency, and you can imagine the chaos if one went down quickly.... Most can't swim well, language differences, poorly trained crew....

Matter of time IMO ... Which I discussed w our seasoned dive master ... He agreed.... Sad.

Talking to a guy who was performing CPR on the kid I saw. He told me there where not enough life jackets on board and they don't even know how many pl were on the boat. Police said the catain is going to jail for sure.

As usual the big boys in the background get away with it and some poor bugger (the captain) goes to jail .

In the last pic from cbmgolfer you can see there are some life jackets on the ground floor of the boat but

none on the topfloor and the number of jackets doesn't even come close to the number of passengers .

i could see blue flashing lights up to a while ago on the pier but they seem to have all gone now

There are lots of lifejackets on these ferries, I take a good look round whenever I go on one.

However, I suspect most people don't know how to put them on and if it happened quickly

there would be no time to learn.

I always dig one out  for a look and have tried one on my TGF before (she can't swim).

I'm surprised if the ferry capsized, they seem fairly stable, unless there was a collision or other cause.

reports on pattaya103 are talking about a twin engined speed boat with 27 koreans sinking no reports of fatalities

i don't have any pics but here is a twin engined boat that hit an anchor chain and flipped over not long ago

sept oct 11 154_800x466.jpg

this one killed 2 chinese with the props

sept oct 11 155_800x501.jpg

sept oct 11 156_800x509.jpg

another casualty by the marine office

sept oct 11 157_800x374.jpg

this one did not crash but pulled a parachute passenger whose take off had failed into the prop as the parachute lines got snagged chopping her head off

accidents in pattaya bay happen on a regular basis

here is a big ferry that caught fire in august this year luckily with no passengers on board

july aug 22 090_800x433.jpg

the next morning inspection

july aug 23 110_777x600.jpg

from 5 October 2012, the above pics......Latest News : 5 dead, over 200 injured in Larn Island Ferry disaster, numbers of dead expected to increase, full report on Pattaya One website later..!!

From what ive heard and read in the news.

So far they have helped over 80 people, 10 being seriously injured, 5 casualties and still over 20 people unaccounted for.

The reson is said to be the ferry hitting a reef and the onboard pump was out of commission so they had no way of getting the water out. This happened when the ferry was on its way back to Pattaya from Koh Larn

Very sad RIP to those six who did not make it back. Russian and chinese tourists .

No doubt this will be played down as ever.. The "bad for tourism" committee will make a ruling...as usual...

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

a Norwegian newspaper. www.vg.no reports that at least 6 people were killed in the accident.

3 of them were foreigners.

They also writes that there were at least 200 people on board while the ferry only had room for 150 people..

bkk post reporting 6 dead.

earlier it said it was the last ferry to leave nuan beach so it's a safe bet it was overloaded

EDIT i have just looked at a pattaya one news report and it suggests the ferry involved was a sister ship of this one i saw loading last month at bali hai pier

sept oct 11 174_800x437.jpg

sept oct 11 175_800x600.jpg

sept oct 11 176_800x403.jpg

more than plenty on that trip

Archived