Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Your fav Thai food

Slushpuppie36

Som Teng....Som Tum but with cucumber is my favorite.  Som Tum  Khapod with corn is also good.

The good thing about being in Thailand is it's cheap food and it's abundance of variety. Two of  my favourites have to be the much loved pad see ew love the texture of the noodles and the hint of sweet flavouring works very well with a lemon. The other has to be kung pao chicken not sure if this is Thai but it's served in basically all thai restaurants another gem.

• 1 month later...

Shellfish in general for me.

Nam tok moo with sticky rice.

nam-tok-moo.jpg

• Like 2

Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic (ปลากะพงนึ่งมะนาว)

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Eiahhh said:

Tom Yam Goong. cause it simply is the greatest!!!!

tom-yum-goong-spicy-soup.jpg

This but 'Naam sai' and hot as Hades (my own litmus test is if you breathe in as you draw the juice from the spoon it should induce paroxisms of involuntary coughing :Laugh1: )

• Like 2

These are my standard Thai dishes:

Panaeng curry with pork and fried mixed vegetables in oyster sauce!:P

Plahgat

5ad4d14e70c5e_ChinaGarden.JPG.eb0e9562a76da7d768db6619c380a747.JPG

• Like 3

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Kana moo klop kai dao

chinese kale with fried pork and a fried egg.

It's a standard dish and i find that Moo klop is very safe since the pork is fried/cooked already.

I find Thai food to busy with too many different things in the dishes. I find the fried rice with an egg on top (does this have a name) my sort of dish plus masaman curry is good

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I find Thai food to busy with too many different things in the dishes. I find the fried rice with an egg on top (does this have a name) my sort of dish plus masaman curry is good

Try Khao Mun Gai - just chicken breast and rice (although I’m unsure whether it is Thai or Chinese, where it is known as Hainan chicken).

Despite its simplicity, it’s one of my favorite dishes.

Also a big fan of Ka Pow (Moo or Gai).

I’ve always liked Pad Thai, but can’t recall the last time I had it.

Finally, like you, I LOVE a good masaman curry (neur).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 31/08/2019 at 23:24, Luv2Phuket said:

Try Khao Mun Gai - just chicken breast and rice (although I’m unsure whether it is Thai or Chinese, where it is known as Hainan chicken).

Despite its simplicity, it’s one of my favorite dishes.

Also a big fan of Ka Pow (Moo or Gai).

I’ve always liked Pad Thai, but can’t recall the last time I had it.

Finally, like you, I LOVE a good masaman curry (neur).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just going to say the same about Khao Mun Gai! When it's done right and the sauce is on point, it's def my favorite food!

I enjoy a few of the ones already mentioned, however these two are my favorite go tos:

Thai Cashew Chicken (Spicy 3/5)

or 

Thai Stuffed Omelette (minced pork or minced chicken) (Spicy 4/5)

Cashew Chicken .jpeg

kai-yad-sai-7-of-8.jpg

Panang curry with chicken is my favorite. 

For those interested in culinary pursuits, think about enrolling in a one day cooking class. Ended up doing it and had a great time, learned quite a bit in the process. 

Tom ka kai ,

krapow moo kai dao

Kao soy kai,

Pla rad prik

my faves all mentioned already.

pad grapow moo/ kai gup kai duaiy. careful very spicey, even if you ask for only 2 chilli they think you mean 20. normally more for kon thai.

pad sa iew moo/kai. flat fried noodles, hard to find in blighty.

and the curry i still can't do without even in blighty.(forget vindaloo). the massaman/ yellow. heaven..... i get the lobo paste here in uk from the chinese shop for my weekly 'fix'.

fried rice? pad thai? naaaaaaaah they're for lightweights....555

On 15/08/2020 at 02:46, LASportsNut said:

I enjoy a few of the ones already mentioned, however these two are my favorite go tos:

Thai Cashew Chicken (Spicy 3/5)

or 

Thai Stuffed Omelette (minced pork or minced chicken) (Spicy 4/5)

Cashew Chicken .jpeg

kai-yad-sai-7-of-8.jpg

and why do thai omelettes taste so good? is it the oil? or the msg? i can never do the same taste at home whatever the secret is....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My one is Khao Pad which Fried rice, egg, onion, a few herbs - nothing more, nothing less. A popular lunch dish served typically with a wedge of lime and slices of cucumber, the secret of this unpretentious dish lies in its simplicity. 

khao-pad-thai-fried-rice-recipe-main-pho

I'm writing down all the Thai food names posted here and definitely gonna eat next time when I visit Pattaya.