IGNORED

'Ignore This Topic'

Edge

I want this function enabled too. I made the mistake of posting in that facacta "become a better man" or whatever It's called topic and it keeps popping up on 'items I've participated in'. I just wish it would go away.

Also, the thumbs up thumbs down is a good idea. Hopefully it would reduce the number of times people 'quote' a half page long post and write '+1' - sheesh! Get an original thought already.

In fact the whole quote function is so overused. I really wish everyone would cut it out, especially when you can easily refer to 'Edge's last post', the 'original post', or whatever,if you're the very next post, just go ^. Annoying.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok some serious posters on here. 

Going off my own topic but......

1.Search is only any use if you learn to use Advanced Search (Silver Cog).

2. True....if you think it's useful.

3. It was called the Rep' Point system and was abandoned due to alleged (555) abuse. Even Thaivisa gave up on it.

Remember that from the OP's PoV every post, however inane, bumps his thread back to the top of the heap so that it gets some more hits.

Also, for the OP, someone taking the time to say a simple 'Thanks' means a lot more than people just hitting a button.

4. Lots of topics on that, but I agree.

I want this function enabled too...............................................

One more for the topic.

For thumbs see above - thumbs down never worked anywhere AFAIK - it's not nice.

The problem with people not using the quote system and just using  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ or whatever, is that there is then no Notification to the poster that you have replied to his point.

If you just want to get away with having the last word (or you don't want me to know you called me a cnut) then it may be a good ploy, but if you want to have a debate with someone it's a dumb move IMO.

The solution to the problem I think you're talking about is that wherever possible the quoted post should be clipped back to the specific point you're replying to, rather than repeating half a page including photos which we just read 2 posts up.

On that one I think you're  :DeadHorse2:  :DeadHorse2:  :DeadHorse2:

Edited for Sinbad's benefit - posts clipped but the Notifications survive.

^ I didn't know there was a notification system for replies to particular posts. Now I realise why I got no reply last time I call you a cnut!!! :hello09:

Better if people get off their arses and have a poke around the thread if they are that interested, para me. Honestly, you should try logging in on a smart phone and catching up on a thread where there's 5 photos and then a post directly below quoting the post, 5 photos and all!

Anyway, what was this thread about? Oh, yeah.

loada bollox.......................

Of course receiving a Notification doesn't oblige the recipient to respond.   :Think1:

They can also be disabled, either all of them or by putting a BM on Ignore for example.........same as PMs   :LOL2:

If we had the Ignore This Topic option enabled, you could just hit it right now and it'd be off your radar.

Yes, PA on a smart phone is pretty sad I agree.

I bet you couldn't quote a clipped post without fcuking it up even if you wanted to.     :hello09:

Grumpy ole bollox

Cheer up. Look around you. I'm sure the view is better than mine tonight.

Cheer up. Look around you. I'm sure the view is better than mine tonight.

Heading out shortly, so I'm sure you'll be right, though maybe not as good as Songkran in AC was.   :GoldenSmile1:

Several BMs (including me  :hello09: ) have expressed a wish that we could choose to Ignore topics which piss us off.

I just noticed that on Philippine Addicts we have been granted that option.

Is there any reason why it can't be enabled on this forum pretty please?   :GoldenSmile1:

Ignored this one and all topics without pictures cause have problems reading :Think1: and like looking at pictures

Ignored this one and all topics without pictures cause have problems reading :Think1: and like looking at pictures

Just click on this, no pictures here......2sgn062ignore.gif

Has he gone yet?

Happy Songkran...............

IMG_9204.jpgIMG_9212.jpgIMG_9244.jpg

Philippine Addicts' Admin' is perhaps more considerate of its BMs' wishes.

I had just purchased and installed the modification and I read this?  whats with the bad attitude????   I didn't know there was a modification and as its just been requested, I added it.  

I want this function enabled too. I made the mistake of posting in that facacta "become a better man" or whatever It's called topic and it keeps popping up on 'items I've participated in'. I just wish it would go away.

It wasn't a function that was disabled, edge made that up as usual.  I purchased it and added it, if i had known about the mod before, I would have added it.

Thanks for adding this feature -- I have already hit "Ignore" on a couple of price threads!

I had just purchased and installed the modification and I read this?  whats with the bad attitude????   I didn't know there was a modification and as its just been requested, I added it.  

It wasn't a function that was disabled, edge made that up as usual.  I purchased it and added it, if i had known about the mod before, I would have added it.

Great - dunno why you need to be twattish about it, I just asked a Q.

I didn't say it was "deleted" I just asked if it could be enabled.

I didn't make anything up....any more than I did last time you accused me of it.  :Think1:

Don't be so paranoid...... and thank you.   :hello09:

Great - dunno why you need to be twattish about it, I just asked a Q.

I didn't make anything up....any more than I did last time you accused me of it.  :Think1:

Don't be so paranoid...... and thank you.   :hello09:

You didn't just ask a question, you said that another admin cared more about his community.  Thanks for the extra insult.

You didn't just ask a question, you said that another admin cared more about his community.  Thanks for the extra insult.

I know very well what I wrote, but if you choose to read it another way that says something too.    :Think1:

Still - thank you.

Several BMs (including me  :hello09: ) have expressed a wish that we could choose to Ignore topics which piss us off.

I just noticed that on Philippine Addicts we have been granted that option.

Is there any reason why it can't be enabled on this forum pretty please?   :GoldenSmile1:

But then u would have no topics to look at edge.

But then u would have no topics to look at edge.

If I don't look at any topics then I wouldn't post on any..........

.....which some would say was a plus na?   :Finger5:

I know very well what I wrote, but if you choose to read it another way that says something too.    :Think1:

Still - thank you.

yes, I know your a good lad!

If I don't look at any topics then I wouldn't post on any..........

.....which some would say was a plus na?   :Finger5:

including me  :GoldenSmile1:

So... where is the "ignore" button? Cannot find it !

Top of each page, right next to the "Reply to this topic" button

Top of each page, right next to the "Reply to this topic" button

Yeah... seems that I have a problem...

jjm.JPG

Ignored this topic

Me neither.

VIP?

Thanks.

Archived