Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

'Ignore This Topic'

Edge

Several BMs (including me  :hello09: ) have expressed a wish that we could choose to Ignore topics which piss us off.

I just noticed that on Philippine Addicts we have been granted that option.

Is there any reason why it can't be enabled on this forum pretty please?   :GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was a psychological test to see how many BMs opened this thread even though the title instructed us NOT to do so!   55555555!

Sounds like that would be a good feature -- I'd certainly use it on a few threads to which I have responded

I thought this was a psychological test to see how many BMs opened this thread even though the title instructed us NOT to do so!   55555555!

Sounds like that would be a good feature -- I'd certainly use it on a few threads to which I have responded

Ha Ha - I'm afraid I couldn't resist the play on words/ploy, but the request for the option is very serious.

What's the problem with Sharky's thread, mate?...

:GoldenSmile1:

What's the problem with Sharky's thread, mate?...

:GoldenSmile1:

That would have been an early choice it's true - well observed.

Think how wondrous it would be if one could just wipe out all those fcuking prices and sponsors threads on sight, but maybe our leaders are concerned that .............

I'll stop there.   :Think1:

And the" get it free" threads.... :Puke2:

Maybe it would be a good idea not to read the topics that you don't like? 

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Maybe it would be a good idea not to read the topics that you don't like? 

That is true.. I always ignore the "Get it Free" Threads.. lol

That is true.. I always ignore the "Get it Free" Threads.. lol

Yes after years of using these forums there are threads I do read and threads I don't.  :DeadHorse2:

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

There are lots of topics I don't read, but you can't always tell that they are shite until you read the OP and then some of them turn to shite later....as this one might well do it seems.

Once one has posted in a shite topic, it then haunts one every time someone posts in it, as it keeps appearing in one's My Content - worst case scenario being a Poll of course, so I always try to avoid posting or voting in those.

It would be nice (IMO) to just be able to hit 'Ignore This Topic' as one can on PI.

There are lots of topics I don't read, but you can't always tell that they are shite until you read the OP and then some of them turn to shite later....as this one might well do it seems.

Once one has posted in a shite topic, it then haunts one every time someone posts in it, as it keeps appearing in one's My Content - worst case scenario being a Poll of course, so I always try to avoid posting or voting in those.

It would be nice (IMO) to just be able to hit 'Ignore This Topic' as one can on PI.

It annoyed me at the begining, but I realised that such threads just sink after a while anyway.

What would be good would be ignoring (not seeing) new threads with specific subject, as those with "sponsoring" word in the subject.

But I think that's a bit too much for the bord's features.

For the other threads that comes up, they usualy diseaper after 150 post. sometimes a bit more.

Which topic?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Which topic?

Keh?

Whichever one wishes to ignore?   :SoWhat1:

This one if you like.

I suppose Mods aren't likely to be interested as they can't ignore any topic....but PI did it.   :Think1:

I'm not ignoring this topic!

'The mills of god grind slowly....' :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Keh?

Whichever one wishes to ignore?

I'm not very technical so I don't quite understand ...........but if you post in a thread then you are in that thread .....so maybe you need a button so you can ignore yourself.........but you've probably been looking for one of those for years In real life lol

I'm not very technical so I don't quite understand ...........but if you post in a thread then you are in that thread .....so maybe you need a button so you can ignore yourself.........but you've probably been looking for one of those for years In real life lol

I have the inbuilt ability to ignore most of what I write - often if I'm dragged back to a thread by a quote, I can't even remember writing it - some of it is quite interesting on that basis.

I think it's called Alzheimer's perhaps.  :SoWhat1:

Yes, once I've posted I'm in that thread (unless my post is deleted  :Think1: ) but very often a thread starts off OK and then turns to shite.

I'd like the option to butt out without being constantly poked by My Content and I think it would help me to post nicely if I could avoid the inane arguments some like to wallow in.

It would also help me avoid pointless, badly constructed Polls which really piss me off, but that might be a reason why Admin' won't enable it.

Philippine Addicts' Admin' is perhaps more considerate of its BMs' wishes.

Apparently, overall fatigue from the board and some recurrent themes around. Personally, I consider any limitation wrong. Each topic has its own charm. :D 

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

but very often a thread starts off OK and then turns to shite.

I'd like the option to butt out without being constantly poked by My content

I would love the ignore button for the exact same reason. Some threads are like reoccuring nightmares.

............................................. I consider any limitation wrong. Each topic has its own charm. :D

How would it be a limitation to the thread or the forum.

Once I decide to opt out of a thread I do it anyway, but it can be a chore.

Enabling that button would make my life easier and also help me avoid the wind-up posts I'm likely to make if driven to it by the constant nagging by My Content.

I think it would be very much in the general interests of maintaing the 'nice to be nice' ethos if we had that choice.

I'd really like to hear from Mods/Admin what the reasons might be why they don't want to enable it, but maybe I'll just get shown the Rule 17 card again instead.   :SoWhat1:

I'd really like to hear from Mods/Admin what the reasons might be why they don't want to enable it, but maybe I'll just get shown the Rule 17 card again instead.   :SoWhat1:

Mod/admin *group huddle*   ??? :WinkGrin1:

Mod/admin *group huddle*   ??? :WinkGrin1:

Nah - they probably just put me on Ignore.   :LOL2:

I too have wished for this capability. I used to be able to do it 30 years ago on Usenet and it was very useful. Would be nice if the forum software would allow it now. Maybe forum should also auto close topics after a while, maybe a year, of inactivity.

I too have wished for this capability. I used to be able to do it 30 years ago on Usenet and it was very useful. Would be nice if the forum software would allow it now. Maybe forum should also auto close topics after a while, maybe a year, of inactivity.

The forum software is the same as that of Philippine Addicts and that forum has enabled the feature.

Auto closing topics is much less straightforward I imagine, as there are lots of long lived ones which are still popular.

On the other hand, I think there might be a strong case for auto closing most Polls after a set period.......IMO anyway.

ok some serious posters on here. 

If  this thread is hoped to be read by the moderator, here is my two cents.

1.  The search function is not useable, in fact horrible.  I have said before i believe you can just use google and limit the range.  As a result, endless duplicate threads..

2.  There is a star rating on topics but few people ever use it.  Shame on us. 

3.  I would like a thumbs up thumbs down on postings, so when somebody is spot on the rest of us can just like it.. Rather than walk away from stupidity or rudeness we could click thumbs down in the hope the poster would get the message.

4.  50 messages is not enough to qualify for advanced.  The requirement should include 5 picture postings as well.  This will dramatically increase the content value of the site.

Archived