IGNORED

Tips for the Grand National

Adisak

Fuck it,  we will make this the racing thread,  with one very important rule -

STRICTLY  NO TALK OF MONEY OR GAMBLING IN THIS THREAD !

We can still discuss form, stables, owners, jockey's etc  etc....

Also members can tell any tales of attending tracks , big meets, things like that. 

See how it goes

Stevie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also members can tell any tales of attending tracks , big meets, things like that. 

See how it goes

Great Idea... Let's hope the Mods will allow it, I am sure they will if they keep on eye on our new thread if anyone discussed the bets, hopefully they can erased em for us. .. There is football, Boxing, Cricket aand other sports in Sport section, Why not a racing thread. 

great! some good racing coming up over the next few months.

im sure we can manage this without  the money or the gambling.

I think I will be able to enter some good posts about whats going on the gallops in Newmarket

shame there is no frankel this year.

See how it goes

After watching the 'Worlds Richest Race' meeting in Dubai last weekend,  i had a thought and noted the date of it and may in the future try to incorporate it into one of my trips. fly with Emirates  stop in Dubai for 2 days,  attend the racing then catch a flight to Thailand for a great holiday.

Would take an extra bit of saving but is doable. 

Stevie

I think you would have to plan well in advance it seems to get quite busy. its something I would like to do myself.

After watching the 'Worlds Richest Race' meeting in Dubai last weekend,  i had a thought and noted the date of it and may in the future try to incorporate it into one of my trips. fly with Emirates  stop in Dubai for 2 days,  attend the racing then catch a flight to Thailand for a great holiday.

Would love to join that group... Imagine Us watching the racing in Dubai and then off to Bkk... Something to look forward to.  :Wassup1:

got a few friends out in Dubai its supposed to be pretty good for mongering.

just a shame march is a bad month for me its right in the middle of foaling season. had 26 foals up to now 2 new arrivals last night with 13 left to go.

I don't know if any off you remember a filly called speciosa who won the 1000 guinneas well shes not 50 yards away from me now waiting to foal when she does I will try to get some pics to post on this thread.

Would love to join that group... Imagine Us watching the racing in Dubai and then off to Bkk... Something to look forward to.  :Wassup1:

I don't know if any off you remember a filly called speciosa who won the 1000 guinneas well shes not 50 yards away from me now waiting to foal when she does I will try to get some pics to post on this thread.

Excellent.  that would be great.  

I don't remember Speciosa, 

Stevie

got a few friends out in Dubai its supposed to be pretty good for mongering.

just a shame march is a bad month for me its right in the middle of foaling season. had 26 foals up to now 2 new arrivals last night with 13 left to go.

Wow.. Speciosa comes from  a great racing family such as Nothern Dancer and Nijinisky. Speciosa was bred in Ireland . I wonder who is the stud for the Speciosa's Foal. ? Love to see the Pic of the foal.. Thanks mate..

Excellent.  that would be great.  

I don't remember Speciosa, 

speciosa won the guinneas in 2006 she was trained by a lady called pam sly and the jockey was micky fenton

speciosa comes to my stud to foal every year once shes foaled and we get her back in foal she goes back home to the woman who trained her to win the guineas (pam sly) so she stays with us for three months every year.

Wow.. Speciosa comes from  a great racing family such as Nothern Dancer and Nijinisky. Speciosa was bred in Ireland . I wonder who is the stud for the Speciosa's Foal. ? Love to see the Pic of the foal.. Thanks mate..

Adiwoodiwiss,  it is great to have someone with your knowledge onboard.  I think this could be a very enjoyable thread.

I'm following    :Think1:

Stevie

if you google northmore stud Newmarket you will get a idea of what sort of operation we have going ere.

I will get some pics of horses on the heath in Newmarket to try to give you some idea of what goes on ere.

newmarkets a very intresting place to visit for any one with a intrest in the sport.

im a bit of a technophobe so bare with me and give me chance to work it all out and I will get you some good pics of every day life in a town like newmarket

Adiwoodiwiss,  it is great to have someone with your knowledge onboard.  I think this could be a very enjoyable thread.

I'm following    :Think1:

thanks im always glad to help anybody with a intrest in the sport

il do my best to get all the info on the coming big races. although I work on a stud farm now most of my friends still work in the racing industry so everything is right on my doorstep

if you google northmore stud Newmarket you will get a idea of what sort of operation we have going ere.

I will get some pics of horses on the heath in Newmarket to try to give you some idea of what goes on ere.

newmarkets a very intresting place to visit for any one with a intrest in the sport.

im a bit of a technophobe so bare with me and give me chance to work it all out and I will get you some good pics of every day life in a town like newmarket

That would be superb,  thanks.  

Had a look at the site,  the place looks excellent, good facilities.  I will take a better look at it later.

Thanks again 

Stevie

As i mentioned earlier in this thread i opted (trying not to use gambling terms) for Imperial Commander yesterday as i also opted for it when it won the Cheltenham Gold Cup  beating  Denman and Kauto Star,  it has also won a Paddy Power Gold Cup and the Ryanair Chase,  a good animal. 

People were telling me it couldn't win as it was now 11 years old but the eventual winner Aurora's Encore is 11 so that shoots down that theory,  i watched the race again today as i was a bit tipsy during it yesterday and after the 5th flight Imperial Commander wasn't travelling well at all and started dropping down the field,  eventually Sam Twiston-Davies pulling it up.   not to be.

I am a bit of a follower of Nigel Twiston- Davies and have  done alright  in the past.  He has some great wins under his belt , 2 nationals , Scottish National,  Gold cup etc.  

I loved it when Carl Lleyellyn was his stable jock as he was right up there with the likes of Ruby and McCoy in terms of giving absolutely 100% in every race he rode. 

I also have a liking for Rebbeca Curtis,  if i'm honest it is because i would love to fuck her  5555

there is something about her,  in the racing game,  bit of a snob and has money, she fascinates me.

A fine looking woman for a farang !!

I often wonder if McCoy is slipping her one,  well he has rode a lot of her horses so why not  555

Apart from that she has a few good horses in her yard as well.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Who do you follow and why ?

Stevie

I don't really follow anyone in particular and I tend to stick with flat racing during the summer months.

I know what you mean about rebbeca Curtis though!!! :GoldenSmile1:

As i mentioned earlier in this thread i opted (trying not to use gambling terms) for Imperial Commander yesterday as i also opted for it when it won the Cheltenham Gold Cup  beating  Denman and Kauto Star,  it has also won a Paddy Power Gold Cup and the Ryanair Chase,  a good animal. 

People were telling me it couldn't win as it was now 11 years old but the eventual winner Aurora's Encore is 11 so that shoots down that theory,  i watched the race again today as i was a bit tipsy during it yesterday and after the 5th flight Imperial Commander wasn't travelling well at all and started dropping down the field,  eventually Sam Twiston-Davies pulling it up.   not to be.

I am a bit of a follower of Nigel Twiston- Davies and have  done alright  in the past.  He has some great wins under his belt , 2 nationals , Scottish National,  Gold cup etc.  

I loved it when Carl Lleyellyn was his stable jock as he was right up there with the likes of Ruby and McCoy in terms of giving absolutely 100% in every race he rode. 

I also have a liking for Rebbeca Curtis,  if i'm honest it is because i would love to fuck her  5555

there is something about her,  in the racing game,  bit of a snob and has money, she fascinates me.

A fine looking woman for a farang !!

I often wonder if McCoy is slipping her one,  well he has rode a lot of her horses so why not  555

Apart from that she has a few good horses in her yard as well.

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

attachicon.gifdownload (1).jpg

Who do you follow and why ?

See how it goes

Great idea mate, I also have a huge interest in the sport of Kings. If any members are ever on the Gold Coast, I am a member of the Turf Club and you can consider yourself my guest if you wish to attend.

PS Congratulations Boragadge.

image.png

I got one Tip;

Don't try to jump 'Beeches' without a Horse.

Derby Day in Sydney on Saturday. It's a Dundeel will start very short but should win this with a leg in the air, it's got a great turn of foot and too sharp for this lot.

il av to keep an eye on that! it would be nice to see your champion filly black caviar back at royal ascot again this year shes very impressive.

Derby Day in Sydney on Saturday. It's a Dundeel will start very short but should win this with a leg in the air, it's got a great turn of foot and too sharp for this lot.

il av to keep an eye on that! it would be nice to see your champion filly black caviar back at royal ascot again this year shes very impressive.

Just heard Black Caviar won again,  fine animal.  Hope they bring it over to Royal Ascot in the summer.

Stevie

Just heard Black Caviar won again,  fine animal.  Hope they bring it over to Royal Ascot in the summer.

Yeah she is.. Pity she is a mare... Would have made a millions in stud.  A Great horse. His bloodline comes from Nijisnky and Royal Academy. Her Jockey Nolen nearly fucked up the win last year in Royal Ascot .. Stevie, you should start up a new threads for tips threads. 

Yeah she is.. Pity she is a mare... Would have made a millions in stud.  A Great horse. His bloodline comes from Nijisnky and Royal Academy. Her Jockey Nolen nearly fucked up the win last year in Royal Ascot .. Stevie, you should start up a new threads for tips threads. 

she will be going to stud as soon as she finishes her racing! I think this maybe her last season racing unless she stays unbeaten and the owners decide to keep running her.there has been talk of sending her to stud even talk of her visiting the mighty FRANKEL. I think the produce would reach £3 million + maybe even more if there were a few big players in the room with a interest in buying.

will do it later Jocky,  just back from the supermarket and going to make some breakfast.  Was supposed to be working today but my boss called last night to call it off.  - result.

Stevie

Archived