Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tips for the Grand National

Adisak

Sea Bass, Rare BOB each way long sot

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third isn't close to winning it? :SoWhat1:

might as well be 39th

Stevie

Harry the viking and aurora's encore at massive prices. Both will see the trip out, whether or not theyre good enough remains to be seen. Harry the Viking only a 7 year old and treated incredibly well at the weights and will stay all day whilst Aurora's Encore would be much shorter if it was a better jumper. If it gets round i think it will be on the premises. Obviously thats a big if but 2nd in the scottish national and wins races at this time of the year.

Both horse have little weight to carry over the marathon distance which is another bonus.

Does anyone know if the race is being shown in pattaya anywhere?

Well Done Boragadge... You are a shrewd tipster... :Clap7:   Aurora's Encore

Harry the viking and aurora's encore at massive prices. Both will see the trip out, whether or not theyre good enough remains to be seen. Harry the Viking only a 7 year old and treated incredibly well at the weights and will stay all day whilst Aurora's Encore would be much shorter if it was a better jumper. If it gets round i think it will be on the premises. Obviously thats a big if but 2nd in the scottish national and wins races at this time of the year.

Both horse have little weight to carry over the marathon distance which is another bonus.

well done buddy hope yer backed that one? ive worked in the horse racing industry all my life even had a few rides in races in my younger days but would never of picked that one

once again well done hope yer made money

Hope you had a nice big stake on her mate, good call

might as well be 39th

If you're stupid enough not to each way it then yeah you have a point, don't think 39th would get your stake back but I can see how it's the same, no I really can see ;)

How they finished:

1. Auroras Encore (66-1)

2. Cappa Bleu (12-1)

Teaforthree (10-1)

Oscar Time (66-1)

Rare Bob (16-1)

Swing Bill

Soll

Tarquinius

Saint Are

Always Waining

Major Malarkey

Join Together

Seabass

Across the Bat

Balthazar King

Quiscover Fontaine

Any Currency

Failed to finish:

• Ballabriggs pulled up

• Becauseicouldntsee pulled up

Big Fella Thanks unseated rider

Chicago Grey pulled up 

Colbert Station unseated rider

Forpadydeplasterer pulled up

Harry The Viking pulled up

Imperial Commander pulled up

Joncol pulled up 

Lost Glory pulled up 

Mr Moonshine pulled up 

Mumbles Head refused 

Ninetieth Minute pulled up 

On His Own fell 

Quel Esprit pulled up 

Roberto Goldback unseated rider 

Sunnyhillboy unseated rider 

Tatenen fell 

The Rainbow Hunter unseated rider 

Treacle unseated rider 

Viking Blond pulled up 

Weird Al pulled up 

What A Friend pulled up

It was a bit of a leap of faith to be honest, i was at catterick races in the uk a few months ago in the owners & trainers lounge (dad has shares in a few) and was talking to connections of aurora's encore. Anyway they showed me the horse and it was a big big horse, looked the type for national fences. If you've been to catterick races you will know the fences are not too difficult and it fell at the 2nd!! Put me right off it but after the race the same people were telling me is still had a chance as it tended to run well this time of the year and was closely matched with Teaforthree on previous form.

So basically if Teaforthree ran a big race then Auroras Encore would have a big chance in receipt of weight and at a much much bigger price, and there were plenty of tipsters expecting a big run from Teaforthree.

Only had £10 ew on it at 80's because i wasnt convinced by its jumping after catterick but hey ho its better than nothing.

So, no not really shrewd or wise, just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get the nod for it when i was in the UK. Now living in Ban Chang.

It was a bit of a leap of faith to be honest, i was at catterick races in the uk a few months ago in the owners & trainers lounge (dad has shares in a few) and was talking to connections of aurora's encore. Anyway they showed me the horse and it was a big big horse, looked the type for national fences. If you've been to catterick races you will know the fences are not too difficult and it fell at the 2nd!! Put me right off it but after the race the same people were telling me is still had a chance as it tended to run well this time of the year and was closely matched with Teaforthree on previous form.

So basically if Teaforthree ran a big race then Auroras Encore would have a big chance in receipt of weight and at a much much bigger price, and there were plenty of tipsters expecting a big run from Teaforthree.

Only had £10 ew on it at 80's because i wasnt convinced by its jumping after catterick but hey ho its better than nothing.

So, no not really shrewd or wise, just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get the nod for it when i was in the UK. Now living in Ban Chang.

Interesting to know you are a Horse racing fan, Hopefully you will stay around here in this forum for so long. You will be the one to watch here ..lol.  

First of all, nice one and well done, it's always good to hear a winner. I thought, insightful observation or crystal ball ?  lol, as Auroras went completely under my radar,  never checked it's form but in hindsight is all there to see. Just wished I paid more attention to your original post !!!  As regards viewing the racing in Thailand, I have a "slingbox" hooked up to my tele back home in England,and watch it via my laptop when in Patts, so  roll on Royal Ascot in June. Anyway, like I said before,well done and let's hear from you again.

First of all, nice one and well done, it's always good to hear a winner. I thought, insightful observation or crystal ball ?  lol, as Auroras went completely under my radar,  never checked it's form but in hindsight is all there to see. Just wished I paid more attention to your original post !!!  As regards viewing the racing in Thailand, I have a "slingbox" hooked up to my tele back home in England,and watch it via my laptop when in Patts, so  roll on Royal Ascot in June. Anyway, like I said before,well done and let's hear from you again.

Agree mate. The keen fans in my local all said worth an each way.

2nd in the Scottish and 66/1 says it all realy although hindsight is a wonderful thing. We all lumped on Seabass but, as you say, even its trainer was saying its weight gave it little chance.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Interesting to know you are a Horse racing fan, Hopefully you will stay around here in this forum for so long. You will be the one to watch here ..lol.

yes its good to know there is a few on ere that share a interest in the racing game.ive spent most of my life working with horses and used to ride three lots a day until having a riding accident a few years ago while working for john gosden. now I work on a stud farm gone into the breeding side of things

maybe we could start a tipping thread you never know it could be profitable.

yes its good to know there is a few on ere that share a interest in the racing game.ive spent most of my life working with horses and used to ride three lots a day until having a riding accident a few years ago while working for john gosden. now I work on a stud farm gone into the breeding side of things

Wow... working for Gosden, one of the finest trainer on the flat, Was a follower of John Reid years ago. Henry Cecil was was a top trainer too. Steve Cauthen and Kieren Fallon was also my favorite. Good idea to start aTipping thread here, i already start a thread somewhere on sport section, We gotta be careful with the rules here, not to discuss about gambling, but i think Tipping is ok .. Breeding at Stud farm must be a interesting job. Sad to hear about JP McNamara had a bad injury .. Looking forward to read your future posts..

Big racing fan myself, have a bet at all the big meetings and every Saturday afternoon,  Watch channel 4 racing with a few beers with my mate (and wingman) Arnie.

Put a lucky 15 on last Saturday and got 3 out of the 4,

No luck yesterday though. 

Maybe we should start a Horse racing thread in the sports section. 

Stevie

Wow... working for Gosden, one of the finest trainer on the flat, Was a follower of John Reid years ago. Henry Cecil was was a top trainer too. Steve Cauthen and Kieren Fallon was also my favorite. Good idea to start aTipping thread here, i already start a thread somewhere on sport section, We gotta be careful with the rules here, not to discuss about gambling, but i think Tipping is ok .. Breeding at Stud farm must be a interesting job. Sad to hear about JP McNamara had a bad injury .. Looking forward to read your future posts..

id just started in racing 16 at the time when cecil and cauthen were in there prime with slip anchor winning the derby by seven lengths that was the year I left school. im lucky to av had the chance to sit on some good horses over the years working for the likes of gosden, Geoff wragg and Michael bell. I enjoy the stud work just as much were not a big stud but av bred some decent types over the last few years like kitewood and azmeel being the two most recent.

looking forward to reading your posts in the future also.

take care buddy and good luck!

if I get any decent tips il let yer know.

Big racing fan myself, have a bet at all the big meetings and every Saturday afternoon,  Watch channel 4 racing with a few beers with my mate (and wingman) Arnie.

Put a lucky 15 on last Saturday and got 3 out of the 4,  collecting £296. 

No offence meant , Steven... No gambling discussion allowed here, but i love the idea of tipping thread... Looking forward to mingle among the racing experts here...

The rules here stated 9. Gambling or discussion about gambling is not permitted.

Bro technically speaking we cannot discuss gambling here. This thread is just about OK but a tipping thread would be a step too far I think. You could use the multi person PMs. I think you can add 30 people to that.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Put a lucky 15 on last Saturday and got 3 out of the 4,  collecting £296. 

yes lucy 15 is a good bet I do one every Saturday shame yer didn't get the fourth one up

I think it would be good to start a racing thread if there is enough intrest

sorry about that Jocky i had no idea.

one of these days i must go read the forum rules  555

i will edit that last post.

Stevie

Bro technically speaking we cannot discuss gambling here. This thread is just about OK but a tipping thread would be a step too far I think. You could use the multi person PMs. I think you can add 30 people to that.

ok got that no problems I don't wanna ruffle any feathers.

id just started in racing 16 at the time when cecil and cauthen were in there prime with slip anchor winning the derby by seven lengths that was the year I left school. im lucky to av had the chance to sit on some good horses over the years working for the likes of gosden, Geoff wragg and Michael bell. I enjoy the stud work just as much were not a big stud but av bred some decent types over the last few years like kitewood and azmeel being the two most recent.

looking forward to reading your posts in the future also.

take care buddy and good luck!

if I get any decent tips il let yer know.

Forgot about Geoff Wragg... He done me wonders many times, He is very good at Fillies races Michael Hills rode lots of winners for him. Love to hear tips from you on either PM or here on new threads,  Thanks.. You must be weighted less than 8 stone ?? Lots of Jockeys have problems with weights when they turn twenties in the flat, they tend to go to jump racings. Look at Richard Hughes, tall man but he managed to keep his weight down.  Aidan O Brien the top Irish trainer, his son Joesph riding few good winners for his father but he wont be a flat jockey when he is getting older because of his weight.

im back in pattaya  from 27 june so if any one wants to meet up for a beer and a chat about racing drop me a line

sorry about that Jocky i had no idea.

one of these days i must go read the forum rules  555

i will edit that last post.

I know you did not know by the sound of your post.. Love your posts everywhere here, my friend.

Jocky and I were posting same time - sorry

Our Mind alike... lol

Forgot about Geoff Wragg... He done me wonders many times, He is very good at Fillies races Michael Hills rode lots of winners for him. Love to hear tips from you on either PM or here on new threads,  Thanks.. You must be weighted less than 8 stone ?? Lots of Jockeys have problems with weights when they turn twenties in the flat, they tend to go to jump racings. Look at Richard Hughes, tall man but he managed to keep his weight down.  Aidan O Brien the top Irish trainer, his son Joesph riding few good winners for his father but he wont be a flat jockey when he is getting older because of his weight.

yes Geoff had some very good hoses such as arcadian height, owington and one wich as was lucky enough to ride was pentire.

ive put a bit of weight on these days as I do not ride anymore but if you keep your weight under 9.7 your ok for exercise riding

I did av a few rides on the flat for barry hills when I was in my teens then the weight caught up with me so I went jumping and worked for the likes of jenny pitman and peter Beaumont were I had the pleasure to ride a very nice horse called jodami.

the jumping games a hard old game if your not getting many rides .so the just went to work as a exercise rider in the bigger flat yards were theres a bit more money to be made

I think joseph will struggle with is weight and may av to quit in the next couple of years and Richard hughes I don't know how he does it hes 2 inch taller than me and stands at 5,9 I think he does about 8,10 at a push but if yer earning is sort of money its well worth the effort.

if I get yo know anything I will let yer know I do get the odd good one every now and then but its not easy.

take care buddy il be in touch. :GoldenSmile1:

Archived