IGNORED

The Whitehouse Condotel. Soi 13 Beach Road

sexy beast

I stayed here from 30 Jan 2007 - 9 Feb 2007. I booked by walking in the previous day, but you can book via

thier website The Whitehouse condotel

I had a standard room at 1500 baht per night. Checking in was straight forward & all the staff very polite.

I stayed on floor 3, my room was cleaned daily to an excellent standard by very pleasant staff. My room

was very nice, a large very comfortable bed, The tv had a good selection of channels (ubc), well stocked mini bar.

In room electronic safe, ADSL unlimited access (100 baht a day). The bathroom had an excellent shower cubicle.

I had room service 3 times & the food was average at best. One nice feature was the double glazed slidng patio doors

leading to a small balcony. On the downside was the poor view from my room. there is a small roof top pool

being built & should be finished in the near future. I enjoyed my stay here I would definately stay again.

The whitehouse condotel is guest friendly for 1 guest, but for every extra guest you will be charged 500 baht.

A few pics

15194-12529.jpg

15194-12530.jpg

15194-12531.jpg

15194-12532.jpg

15194-12533.jpg

15194-12534.jpg

15194-12535.jpg

15194-12536.jpg

15194-12537.jpg

15194-12538.jpg

15194-12539.jpg

Edited by whitespider

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sexy beast

• Thai Visa Express

• farang1

• fleeting

I concur with Dales review. My only complaint was the thumping I continually heard from the floor above me but now that I know Dale and I were staying there at the same time, its all clear.

Good hotel, maid service is 2nd to none. They ironed shirts for me on request, were always waiting around to clean the room without being annoying. The bathroom/shower is probably the best out of any hotel Ive stayed at in Pattaya.

Highly recommended except for the non existent views. I was on the 2nd floor facing a car park, which I always seem to get when Im there. Can be a little noisy in the hallways though.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Agree with all the above - was there over Xmas.

Only complaint was, as above, the lack of view - infact I could have leant over and shaken hands with someone on the balcony next door, which I think was the Dyanasty Inn.

Glad to see the pool MAY be nearing completion - they said it would be finishe for my trip when I booked in October!

This is the 1st look at the pool for me. I am disappointed that it is so small looking. Doubt that it will be useful for more than a cool off - no exercise.

Nonetheless, I just booked another stay for the 1st 2 weeks of May and again at year end.

The place reminds me of the Dynasty Inn Grande in BKK.

SB, do you agree?

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Is that a swimming pool or a bath ?

Unfortunately this wait for a pool at the whitehouse condotel is now turning into quite an anticlimactic deal.

The place reminds me of the Dynasty Inn Grande in BKK.

SB, do you agree?

Not in the same league as the Dynasty grande!

Is that a swimming pool or a bath ?

A bit bigger than a bath, just enough for a dip! When finished there will be some sun bathing area around the

pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed here for 8 nights in feb 2007 this time in a deluxe suite, the price was 3000 baht per night

a bit above my budget, but I got a slightly reduced rate for the noise above my room where the ongoing

pool construction area is being done (due to be completed in the near future). The room was excellent & cleaned

to a high standard everyday. living room, kitchen area, large fridge, microwave, 2 tv's, dvd with surround sound.

A bath tub with seperate shower. In low season from May-october it is reduced to 2500baht.

Living room & kitchen area

19994-11679.jpg

19994-11680.jpg

19994-11681.jpg

bedroom

19994-11682.jpg

19994-11683.jpg

shower & bathroom

19994-11684.jpg

19994-11685.jpg

19994-11686.jpg

All in all a very nice place to stay

3% surcharge to anyone paying by credit card

Edited by sexy beast

Nice report, one of the places I am looking at for my next stay.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

-Buddha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can you tell me if the swimming pool on the roof is finished & if room service is 24 hours?

thanx in advance

Room service finished at 11pm I think.

Have heard the large bath on the roof is now open, but haven't seen it for myself

Does this place still have issues with water pressure? That is my only complaint from a stay here.

Is there any construction going on near by?

I plan to stay here soon but don’t want to be woken up by construction noise each morning.

Is there any construction going on near by?

I plan to stay here soon but don’t want to be woken up by construction noise each morning.

these condohotel seems a nice place to stay,and the suite is very nice.I not often stay in this kind of hotel, I prefer the family guesthouse, but sometimes when I stay 1 weeks or 10 days I like staying in place like that.

is it quiet ? not too much noise in early morning?

I can say that i have stayed at Whitehouse condotel about 2-3 days. I never liked the receptionists there or the security guard. Once i bringed 2 girls and then they said that i cannot bring 2girls to the room. I said to her that when i checked in they said it was ok to bring up to 3 girls to the room, so im going to bring these 2 girls to my room. Then she was quiet and i went to my room with the ladies.

Then last day i stayed there my thai lady came all the way from bangkok to stay with me, she had forgot the ID card so the hotel didnt even let her inside. Tried to tell them that i know her and she is my girlfriend, but they didnt care. So then i checked out and changed hotel same moment, at the next hotel it was no problem at all to bring my bangkok lady. At least im not going back to whitehouse again, too many bad experiences with the people working there.

Edited by homersimpson

I can say that i have stayed at Whitehouse condotel about 2-3 days. I never liked the receptionists there or the security guard. Once i bringed 2 girls and then they said that i cannot bring 2girls to the room. I said to her that when i checked in they said it was ok to bring up to 3 girls to the room, so im going to bring these 2 girls to my room. Then she was quiet and i went to my room with the ladies.

Then last day i stayed there my thai lady came all the way from bangkok to stay with me, she had forgot the ID card so the hotel didnt even let her inside. Tried to tell them that i know her and she is my girlfriend, but they didnt care. So then i checked out and changed hotel same moment, at the next hotel it was no problem at all to bring my bangkok lady. At least im not going back to whitehouse again, too many bad experiences with the people working there.

Hey Homer the receptionist wouldn't go by the name of Fon!? Attilla The Hun is probably closer to the mark. I negoiated a suite with no 2nd lady joiner and ADSL they accepted the booking with these inclusions and when I asked for confirmation by email out came the hotel policy. Every attempt to get her to appreciate that this is not Queensby Rules failed to the point that now she totally ingores my emails. I have since cancelled the booking. I have 5 mates desending on Patts in a months time for 3 weeks and as the advanced guard was given the reponsiblity (someone had to do it!! (-: ) of finding nice digs, so the missed out big time. Me for 3 nights, 5 +1 (me) for three weeks!

Assuming we are talking about the same receptioist and I suspect we are the owner should do something about her as the accomodation looks good, she is letting them down. Funny enough all attempts to get the email address of the owner/manager has been ignored too. If anyone has his or her contact details I would appreciate it. I have come from 35 years where customer is everything and whilst they might not always be right you treat them as you would want to treated. I would like at least to let them know, I have seen in a post that he is an Aussie.....a fellow countryman and he deserves no less!!

I wish I could have written a review on staying at the Whitehouse but you have to get through the front door first. The reception and security guard can make your stay either pleasant or unpleasant, I suppose better to have found out now before I had an opportunity to walk through the door.

The booking policy seem pretty much direct with the Whitehouse so likely to have to rattle sabers with Atilla The Hun at some point in time if you stay there.

The lesson endth .... (-:

Cheers,

Fleeting

I'm booked into this hotel, on the basis of Dale's and Bangkok Nick's review, so I'll report my opinons when I get back.

Re: The ID card issue - while I appreciate this is frustrating, if you personally know the lady - please remember that the hotel does not - therefore, the ID card rule exists for the protection of the hotel and guests

Security is important to me, over the top security does not bother me - I don't want anyone wandering the corridors unchecked - this is where thefts can occur.

I suugest the hotel that let your TG in without ID is far less secure.

Regarding joiner fees:

Anyone know if it's one lady per day OR one lady at any one time?

Hey Homer the receptionist wouldn't go by the name of Fon!? Attilla The Hun is probably closer to the mark. I negoiated a suite with no 2nd lady joiner and ADSL they accepted the booking with these inclusions and when I asked for confirmation by email out came the hotel policy. Every attempt to get her to appreciate that this is not Queensby Rules failed to the point that now she totally ingores my emails. I have since cancelled the booking. I have 5 mates desending on Patts in a months time for 3 weeks and as the advanced guard was given the reponsiblity (someone had to do it!! (-: ) of finding nice digs, so the missed out big time. Me for 3 nights, 5 +1 (me) for three weeks!

Assuming we are talking about the same receptioist and I suspect we are the owner should do something about her as the accomodation looks good, she is letting them down. Funny enough all attempts to get the email address of the owner/manager has been ignored too. If anyone has his or her contact details I would appreciate it. I have come from 35 years where customer is everything and whilst they might not always be right you treat them as you would want to treated. I would like at least to let them know, I have seen in a post that he is an Aussie.....a fellow countryman and he deserves no less!!

I wish I could have written a review on staying at the Whitehouse but you have to get through the front door first. The reception and security guard can make your stay either pleasant or unpleasant, I suppose better to have found out now before I had an opportunity to walk through the door.

The booking policy seem pretty much direct with the Whitehouse so likely to have to rattle sabers with Atilla The Hun at some point in time if you stay there.

The lesson endth .... (-:

Cheers,

Fleeting

Just a follow up. Finally got the owners email after 4 emails insisting for it. Sent off an email explaining what is issues and concerns were, all these backed up with endless emails, will be interesting what Joe's the owners response is.

Keep you posted.

Cheers,

Fleeting

Edited by fleeting

• 4 months later...

I had a balcony with standard room, never used, view of other rooms only. I think they had sign that said smoke on balcony only.

kee mao

The standard has a small balcony and I'm not sure about the Deluxe but the Suites is quite large stretching around almost the whole outside of the room. Really doesn't matter too much as most of the time the beautiful view across is in to the hotel across you.