Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

Does anyone know if Mr T has any drivers who have a van in their line up... 4 guys travelling with 4 suitcases... with seperate hotel dropoffs... or should we just stick to one of the other companies (so far found a van for 2200, not sure if it includes fares)

Thinking about it, maybe just get two Mr T cars over 1 van... more room

thats if we cannot get a van from Mr T

recently in Jan i booked a van from Mr T for 6 of us , we were delayed in customs and immigration by 2 hours still the van driver waited patiently . we all were dropped of at one hotel we paid 1600 all inclusive . we tipped the guy 300 . i think if you tip the driver he will be happy to drop you all off in your hotels 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

Always happy to use Mr T now after many enjoyable rides to Pattaya and back to the Airport.

Will use him for my May/June trip and again for my Oct/Nov trip.

Ok, sometimes you may get a reckless driver who must be on a promise but for me i seem to

get the responsible driver and an enjoyable ride hope that continues with Mr T.

these are all contract drivers who make themselves available to Mr T, PT Taxi and others...

it's the luck of the draw, most times you will have a great experience, sometimes you may get a maniac, sometimes you will have to stop for propane/fuel, sometimes you might even get a no show.

I have used mostly PT, and have had crazy drivers, have had to stop for fuel, but never had a now show and mostly my rides have been fine.

going to use Nam shortly, feel like I know her and am being picked up by a friend, looking forward to meeting her!

Does anyone know if Mr T has any drivers who have a van in their line up... 4 guys travelling with 4 suitcases... with seperate hotel dropoffs... or should we just stick to one of the other companies (so far found a van for 2200, not sure if it includes fares)

Thinking about it, maybe just get two Mr T cars over 1 van... more room

thats if we cannot get a van from Mr T

I had a mini van/ 8 seater all to myself once with Mr T, he must have them available to him!

Bill

EDIT-

That was only October 2014

The one thing that annoys me about Mr T taxis is they expect a tip and if they don't get one they aren't happy. I agree a price up front I'm not paying extra. I don't go into 7-11 and tip those, or whilst shopping so I'm not tipping a taxi.

The one thing that annoys me about Mr T taxis is they expect a tip and if they don't get one they aren't happy. I agree a price up front I'm not paying extra. I don't go into 7-11 and tip those, or whilst shopping so I'm not tipping a taxi.

Tipping seems to be an issue depending on where you come from, eh? Where you from?

Never had the issue around tipping. Maybe because i just pay and take my bag and walk inside

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Tipping seems to be an issue depending on where you come from, eh? Where you from?

England. You American? I'm guessing as Americans tip for anything even if someone farts, Thais expect everyone else to tip.

Even in England we tip taxi drivers, so why not do it in Thailand ?

I used Mr T last Saturday, excellent service as always, tipped the driver 100bt

Personally I don't tip taxis in UK either, why tip them and not tip sales staff in shops or tip when builders come or anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...

On the way back to  the airport on my last trip I used Mr T and got a very nice lady driver, It was a comfortable and smooth journey. Sometimes On the way to Pattaya some of the Mr T taxi rides are a bit hair raising usually I just go to sleep and tell the driver to wake me when we get there which we always do and in one piece so I will continue to use them on future trips to Pattaya.

How far ahead do people usually book a Mr T taxi? Previously I always booked my taxi on the week of travel.

I'm arriving in Suvarnabhumi on the Friday evening of the Songkran weekend, and I'm a bit worried he might be booked up. Can anyone suggest what the traffic situation might be like?.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

traffic will be bad, hahaha.

I have heard of guys getting out of their taxis at the edge of town and riding in the rest of the way on motobike taxis...

of course you will likely get buckets of water thrown on you so you better have plastic bags for your luggage, and not a lot of luggage too I might add.

I always get annoyed taxi drivers when I give 1000 baht (which is all included)

I am from Australia and Thailand isn't even a tipping culture country, so why do it? oh yeah because Americans have a habit of tipping for everything everywhere they go and now it's sort of expected from anyone farang

I'll tip if someone does something above and beyond their normal job and really helps me, but for just doing a normal job , very very rarely.

that said, last few trips I've turned up and my driver hasn't been there - i speak to other Mr T drivers waiting and they make a few phone calls and switch around drivers and then I'm on my way.

It's happened 3 trips now, always wonder what's going to happen when they just don't show up and shaft me

Thread just reminded me to book a  taxi Thursday morning and Mr. T  confirmed reservation after 10 minute.

In the + 50 times I've booked a car with Mr. T there has never been a single miss.....but yes, there has been a few suicide pilotes which infact suits me well .... BKK - Patts in just over an hour is great when arriving late with a few drop of free airline booze in the veins

081-258-7716 is the only one I have from before (about 3 years ago)

Thread just reminded me to book a  taxi Thursday morning and Mr. T  confirmed reservation after 10 minute.

In the + 50 times I've booked a car with Mr. T there has never been a single miss.....but yes, there has been a few suicide pilotes which infact suits me well .... BKK - Patts in just over an hour is great when arriving late with a few drop of free airline booze in the veins

.. I wondered why anyone would say that .. "but yes, there has been a few suicide pilotes which infact suits me well" .. I just could not resist drilling down a bit to understand why someone in a country like this would even think something so .. umm .. (I'll be delicate here) .. uniformed.

.. Kandinski apparently comes from Norway (or, the map on his profile implies so), so I did a quick comparison.

• In Thailand in 2010, there were 26,312 road fatalities.
  • In all of 2012, there were only 145 roadway fatalities in all of Norway.
  • Shhee-it! .. Thais kill that many people in only .. 48! .. f*#kin'! .. hours!

.. it occurs to me that Kandinski has probably never even seen what disemboweled human organs and flesh look like when they are gouged and stripped from a man's body by metal and glass.

.. the numbers get no better for him on a per capita basis .. Kandinski, you are 1,300% more likely to be killed on a Thai roadway, than in Norway .. (let me say that slowly) .. that's o n e  t h o u s a n d   t h r e e  h u n d r e d  p e r c e n t.

.. of 192 countries in the world, Thailand is perennially ranked in the top 3-5 in roadway fatalities.

.. so, Kandinski .. your legendary Norse invincibility is worth cold reindeer shit in the hands of an uneducated Thai driver who really does believe the Buddha amulets on his dashboard are magical and will protect him, while driving drunk, or as the village idiot  .. about that, Kandinski, I am serious .. Thais really are more animist, than Buddhist.

.. hope you don't believe in that shit yourself, because your "suicide pilotes" here sure do .. and it explains a lot about the road fatality rates in Thailand .. only 1-2 countries in all of Africa (they swap out with Thailand each year) have higher road fatality rates than Thailand .. next time you are careening on the edge of eternity on your drive to Pattaya, think about that, my man.

.. oh, and try asking the driver to slow down, and see what kind of response you get.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

>.. oh, and try asking the driver to slow down, and see what kind of response you get.<

I tried that a few times, they usually grin and put their foot down a bit more, seeing it as a challenge to freak out the farang......

>.. oh, and try asking the driver to slow down, and see what kind of response you get.<

I tried that a few times, they usually grin and put their foot down a bit more, seeing it as a challenge to freak out the farang......

.. I've lived here 15 years and worked here longer, and I canNOT f#*king understand what possesses a Thai man to DO that shit! .. it's just plain IQ-deficient moronic .. explain that to me! .. someone!

.. give me a Thai chick driver over these inbred, intemperate morons any day!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We DO NOT tip taxi drivers in UK!! Thank God most of the rest of the world, besides USA, does not have a tipping culture. USA has a tipping culture due to their ridiculous minimum wage system for the hospitality industry which lowers the minimum wage for hospitality workers due to an explicit expectation that the difference will be made up by tips.

We DO NOT tip taxi drivers in UK!! Thank God most of the rest of the world, besides USA, does not have a tipping culture. USA has a tipping culture due to their ridiculous minimum wage system for the hospitality industry which lowers the minimum wage for hospitality workers due to an explicit expectation that the difference will be made up by tips.

No, YOU dont tip taxi drivers in the UK! Just because you are a cheap fuck doesnt mean everyone is.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

We DO NOT tip taxi drivers in UK!!

Actually i know very few people who don't tip the driver, even if it is only "keep the change". I also tip my barber and most people i know do the same.

Archived