Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UFC 158 Gsp v Diaz

Nak Muay

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cCU1b3JsBWU

This is one fight i have been waiting an age to see

So who takes this fight? and who is best in different areas of the fight?

Standup - Diaz

Takedowns - GSP

Groundwork - Diaz

Cardio - Diaz

Biggest problem is GSP is going to take him down and cuddle him for 5 rounds (pull a koschek), while this is no way a definitive win with diaz's BJJ (Brazilian jujitsu)  i dont see diaz being able to stuff/sprawl the take-downs.

If Gsp stands with diaz i think he will get completely monster-ed on the feet like diaz did to BJ Penn, or he could employ the condit model of run away for 5 rounds and only throw counter leg kicks (no power shots) which equally could get him the win with the judges from the NSAC(Navada State Athletic Commission).

But there is one thing a lot of people are not considering for this fight, and that is Nick Diaz's ability to get into his opponents head and get them to fight his game plan. Consider the following..... Nick diaz is not the current number 1 contender because he is coming back to the UFC after a 1 year suspension for smoking cannabis and testing positive on a drugs test post fight. He got this fight for 2 reasons 1 is that he is one of the weilterweight devisions biggest draws for ppv, the other is he has been calling george out for the past 2 years saying he is scared, doesnt want to fight him. (yes a common thing for fighters to do) BUT he has rattled the champ and managed to get pushed to the front of the line for a title shot simply by being nick diaz.

So is Gsp going into this fight angry and wanting to hurt Diaz? you bet he is

When someone is angry when they fight they are usually over aggressive, forget their game plan, and hurting their opposition becomes the only goal, not winning.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think GSP is a pretty self aware guy. Last time he let someone into his head was Hughes and got KO'd with that kick. I think it wont get to him but then GSP did ask for this fight so maybe he does have something on the line besides his belt.

I hope it goes GSP by ground n pound TKO 2nd round.

I think it will be 5 round lay on top again.

I am interested to see how the world reacts to Diaz winning by KO in the first round.

I want a great fight.

Only way diaz wins on the ground is if GSP makes a bad mistake, but thats going off memory and probably under est diaz bjj.

And for people who want to watch this while in pattaya its normally roughly 9am in the morning and go to LK Metro area.

Posted Image

Chonnen tried to also get into Silva's head the second fight. Worked about as well as Diaz trying to get into GSP's head I figure.

If it goes the distance like GSP's typical fights, I can't see Diaz winning a single round.

Even if Diaz standup is better, GSP will neutralise him because he can take Diaz down at will. Which leaves Diaz hesitant in his striking and actually give GSP the striking advantage.

Irish Rovers will probably play it at 9am in LK Metro. But does anybody know where they will repeat the fight in the evening because there is no way I will make 9 am.

I wish Diaz ca pull upset but he is just too slow for GSP. GSP will utilize his jab, take him down and gnp for five rounds

Chonnen tried to also get into Silva's head the second fight. Worked about as well as Diaz trying to get into GSP's head I figure.

If it goes the distance like GSP's typical fights, I can't see Diaz winning a single round.

Even if Diaz standup is better, GSP will neutralise him because he can take Diaz down at will. Which leaves Diaz hesitant in his striking and actually give GSP the striking advantage.

Irish Rovers will probably play it at 9am in LK Metro. But does anybody know where they will repeat the fight in the evening because there is no way I will make 9 am.

If the owner is in Armageddon bar up the road he will have it recorded, just stop in the day before or something and ask him. If he is not there good luck trying to convince the staff to let you even change the channel lol. Last time I was there I wanted to watch NFL replay and knew how to put it on but they wouldn't hand me the remote.

O and Silva out classes sonnen too much that even with sonnens hype talk i doubt it had much effect.

Posted Image

i watch it recorded later in the afternoon in Irish Rovers      just ask Simon or Josh and they will put it on for you 

I hope it goes GSP by ground n pound TKO 2nd round.

Only way diaz wins on the ground is if GSP makes a bad mistake, but thats going off memory and probably under est diaz bjj.

lets have a bet. 1 ST barfine at Nightwish or Pussy Club

Nick Diaz all day

there is two other huge implications you may not have taken account of in sonnen v silva 2

1 is Silva broke a rib 4 weeks out from the first fight.

2 the absense of TRT abuse (i shouldn't call what Sonnen and others do illegally as TRT but it is the term most people recognise)

the irish rovers record all the events in HD and will play them anytime, just turn up and ask the dude whos as big as overeem but is white. :)

lets have a bet. 1 ST barfine at Nightwish or Pussy Club

Nick Diaz all day

Just for a laugh your on brother.

I am happy with both outcomes

1 because GSP is protrayed as a great human being thats why i like him (fight style is getting stale)

2 Because it will be funny to see diaz as a champ, dana will be pissed.

Posted Image

WAR DIAZ, I want him to win bad, we need an exciting and different champ in the WW division.. I think people are thinking GSP will run through him, forgetting that he has Jake Shields to train with everyday, and Jake Shields wrestling is on par with GSPs (their fight was a stale mate pretty much), and BJJ Nick Diaz kills GSP in and same with Boxing...I just think GSP maybe too strong and do the old lay and pray.. going to be a great fight anyway, where do people watch it in Pattaya?! Or is on the laptop the best way?

WAR DIAZ, I want him to win bad, we need an exciting and different champ in the WW division.. I think people are thinking GSP will run through him, forgetting that he has Jake Shields to train with everyday, and Jake Shields wrestling is on par with GSPs (their fight was a stale mate pretty much), and BJJ Nick Diaz kills GSP in and same with Boxing...I just think GSP maybe too strong and do the old lay and pray.. going to be a great fight anyway, where do people watch it in Pattaya?! Or is on the laptop the best way?

Info on places are in the above posts mate.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cCU1b3JsBWU

This is one fight i have been waiting an age to see

So who takes this fight? and who is best in different areas of the fight?

Standup - GSP

Takedowns - GSP

Groundwork - GSP

Cardio - GSP

Fixed that for you.

Its wrong to say X beat Z therefore he will beat Y..but in this case with GSP certainly: Diaz could not finish Condit. Condit could not finish GSP.

I like Diaz Id love him to be champ, but I think he's got no chance

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Fixed that for you.

Its wrong to say X beat Z therefore he will beat Y..but in this case with GSP certainly: Diaz could not finish Condit. Condit could not finish GSP.

I like Diaz Id love him to be champ, but I think he's got no chance

and i thought my opening post was biased :)

I really cant wait for this whole fight card (and im bummed mcdonald got injured i wanted to see his give condit another beasting but hopefully not get KOed).

and i thought my opening post was biased :)

I really cant wait for this whole fight card (and im bummed mcdonald got injured i wanted to see his give condit another beasting but hopefully not get KOed).

You are biased bro because you never said GSP ROCKS DA WOOOOOOOOOOORLD!

You know when I was watching UFC FUEL 8 I was thinking.... Dam this bazillions are fucking rude with their screaming and boo'ing. I think I kind of like the Japanese tennis style of only applauding at great moments in a fight.

Posted Image

GSP vs. Jake Shields: The judges scored it 50-45, 48-47 and 48-47 Not exactly a draw.

Wrestling: Jake Shields tried six takedowns, but St-Pierre stuffed every single one of them.

GSP vs. Jake Shields: The judges scored it 50-45, 48-47 and 48-47 Not exactly a draw.

Wrestling: Jake Shields tried six takedowns, but St-Pierre stuffed every single one of them.

the most important thing highlighted by this fight was how jake sheilds managed to outbox GSP with only a jab(and a rather poor one at that but still got it off)

P.S GSP is the greatest.... the greatest layer and prayer in the game. nah i do respect gsp i just think he is boring,last time i saw him look great was the huges-gsp 2 fight.

nuff said

nak said

the most important thing highlighted by this fight was how jake sheilds managed to outbox GSP with only a jab(and a rather poor one at that but still got it off)

P.S GSP is the greatest.... the greatest layer and prayer in the game. nah i do respect gsp i just think he is boring,last time i saw him look great was the huges-gsp 2 fight.

nuff said

nak said

Agree mate, if he could put more "flare" into his style instead of just lying on the ground. I must confess I do fast forward most his fights this days.

Posted Image

Diaz will get his ass kicked and his face will look like putty.

Throwing in the towel like BJ Penn ya reckon?

Posted Image

nuff said

nak said

GSP does everything very well except run his mouth and disrespect the UFC.He is humble,classy and the UFC Champ.He will beat Diaz and it will be no big deal,like he did to Condit and Penn.

That's how we roll bro.No need for theatrics,spiking the ball or running around the pitch with your shirt off.A simple backflip after a job well done and cash the cheque.

YouTube Tie Domi Bob Probert bro,and you'll see how we do's it here in these them there parts.ah huh huh.

You want exciting,go watch deuces fuck the Barfine your gonna pay for.lol.

P.S GSP is the greatest.... the greatest layer and prayer in the game. nah i do respect gsp i just think he is boring,last time i saw him look great was the huges-gsp 2 fight.nuff said

nak said

GSP does everything very well except run his mouth and disrespect the UFC.He is humble,classy and the UFC Champ.He will beat Diaz and it will be no big deal,like he did to Condit and Penn.

That's how we roll bro.No need for theatrics,spiking the ball or running around the pitch with your shirt off.A simple backflip after a job well done and cash the cheque.

YouTube Tie Domi Bob Probert bro,and you'll see how we do's it here in these them there parts.ah huh huh.

Ahahaha rhat cracked me up.

Posted Image

Ahahaha rhat cracked me up.

Lol.Right on.

Lol.Right on.

Did ya watch the press conference 

at 35:35 someone asked GSP if he was going to finish the fight its pretty funny.

Posted Image

Hahaha,love GSP.What a class guy."Minimum"?Whats minimum?KAAAAAAARN GSP.

i dont disagree GSP is a great fighter, i just said GSP has become a very boring fighter, but then if i had $4million dollars riding on a fight im sure it would change my style too.

I dunno about Deuces and exciting as if he does win i will be barfining the fattest, oldest chick i can find for him. And im sure he will do the same for me When i win

Archived