Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

is everyone trying to scam you

goz

A mate of mine got a girl from a bar in Phuket. She stayed with him for 2 weeks and didn’t want any money. When we traveled to Koh Samui she came along. After another week we said we were going to Bangkok & had to get up early to catch the train. It is just happened her transport left an hour earlier than ours back to Phuket so would be gone before we woke. When my mate went to the hotel safe in the morning all his money was missing. What’s going on? hotel staff said your girlfriend must have taken as she came earlier. So he goes off his rocker yelling how can you open the safe for her when its my stuff. They just have a blank look on their faces. Anyway for the entire stay we had not paid for the room or the food. So he says f**k you guys I ain’t paying. We couldn’t believe it when he calmly walks up to our taxi gets in & none of the staff were chasing him. He reckons amount of money lost was about equal to what he didn’t pay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PSP

• nus01

• goz

• swanks

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldn’t believe it when he calmly walks up to our taxi gets in & none of the staff were chasing him. He reckons amount of money lost was about equal to what he didn’t pay.

The staff make peanuts on salary but as it likely an inside job, they got their palms greased good.

I've been given the boot from this website due to my criminal past in Canada,being a conman & acting like a complete cunt on this forum!

:001_Sawasdee: i find it hard to believe that he got away without paying the hotel, as they have is passport details and he would not be allowed to leave the country. why did,t he call the police. fair play to him if he got away with it

:001_Sawasdee: i find it hard to believe that he got away without paying the hotel, as they have is passport details and he would not be allowed to leave the country. why did,t he call the police. fair play to him if he got away with it

for not paying a hotel he could get detained? any thoughts on that?

I've been given the boot from this website due to my criminal past in Canada,being a conman & acting like a complete cunt on this forum!

Honestly it happened & we were just waiting for the hotel staff to come and grab him.

• 2 months later...

One girl stole the memory card out of my phone, but I had fucked about 20 girls so had knowidear which one did it .

Every thing goes in the safe and I do not let them **** around with me phone.

Ps . if they start tidying up your room there probably searching it

What about all the scams run by desperate expats on the run, etc. I think he meant more along those lines than the TBG stuff. Stolen phones, tvs, etc for sale "cheap" that sort of thing. I have been burned in Central America by backpacker scams, such as the torn bill for change, etc. Tell us about these types please if you are aware of them.

• 1 month later...
Yes, they are.

The most common scam is

Young Sexy Thai girls play to your Ego by yelling out hello sexy man welcome to lure you into their bar.

They then lure you into a false sense of security by making a fuss over you , feeding your ego by calling you a sexyman and how she's likes you. She no like other customers they not funny, genorous and good looking like you.

she then asks you to take her back to your hotel where she makes passionate love to you all night and then again in the morning.

She then asks you for $30.

So be very careful, unfortuantley as I am thick as a brick I fall for this same scam 3-4 times a day.

I have had thishappen to me many times also. I must be a real sucker for "I luv you no shit, you are the only one for me"

" A man in love is like a clipped coupon- Time to cash in!"

Mae West and some Thai Women

Its the farangs who do the scams....... I noticed some hooking up with some girls to form a "team" they tour the bars looking for victims.

Trust no one ...... do your days and leave !

When in a bar and leaving it....never tell the girl or a guy your real hotel. before you arrive in the hotel get some good pics of the girl. Once in your room etc.. Lock the camera or phone in th esafe...or use the hotel safe at reception. Then you will have a record of who she is and what she looks like........ sh ewill know this and if she is a scammer will think twice.

Edited by The Agency

Yes, they are.

The most common scam is...

Gotta love it!!!!!!

Scam me - please!!!

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Well..I do have a bridge for sale. Its lovely and spans the east River in New York. I sell cheap cheap!.

Seriously Ive never had an issue except from girls, strong arming me into 3000baht markups after agreeing to 1500baht. I just smile and say No speak english. and give them 1500.

:P

i have read on a number of other forums about people getting scamed in pattaya.i have been their 2 times in the last year and absolutely love the place and have never felt asif i have been scamed.

Try viisting Egypt i never felt so scammed in my life, everyone would would want a tip.... I did not tip the bell hop to mail my postcards.... they never got to the people I sent them to....

This is funny we were in the middle of the desert. visiting the valley of the kings... I asked a guy at the stall for a water he quoted me the equivalent of $20. I asked him if he was seroius. Man, I was so thirsty...but no way.... then I was pissed I walked away... he then kept coming down in price as he was running after me ... it was finally $1 I said I would rather die of thirst in Egypt then pay that MF.....everyone I was with thought this was quite commical.... I didn't

I love LOS now as you do.... do not feel scammed at all but then again I never scratched a jetski......also I grew up in big cities..... New York and Los Angeles so I ahve a sixth sense of caution......

3 weeks to go!

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

If you agree to take them LT, and they make up an excuse to leave early, tell them you need to go to the bank in the morning to change some money as you need it to pay them.

See them try to get out of that one.

you reading my mind. i do that one. it works everytime?

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are good and bad in all races. Most brits seem to have lost a lot at home to ex-wives etc so they are the same as thai/any other lady. All a lady wants really is for a nice person to give her some sort of a reasonable life. Unfortunately many expats come to pattaya find a nice lady and then cannot keep there manhood in there trousers end up getting caught out and then whinge when the lady claims the gold/car/motorbike or sometimes the house.

i like what the one guy said about not leaving your brains at the airport.i think if you just pay attention to whats going on around you and don't set yourself up with somebody just because there having sex with you and you think it might mean something.i would say that would be true everywhere not just in thailand.that being said no matter where i was i would have a great holiday.

• 1 year later...
Well..I do have a bridge for sale. Its lovely and spans the east River in New York. I sell cheap cheap!.

Seriously Ive never had an issue except from girls, strong arming me into 3000baht markups after agreeing to 1500baht. I just smile and say No speak english. and give them 1500.

"No Speak English!" Gotta remember that one.

I live and work in pattaya.. not always in that order.

Brownie, "There is a place called Pattaya and it really does exist"

Have any of you guys been outrightly robbed? Like a BG sticked a knife or a baton on you while in the room and she told you to give everything up?

That's the only thing I'm afraid of :Puke2:

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

Have any of you guys been outrightly robbed? Like a BG sticked a knife or a baton on you while in the room and she told you to give everything up?

That's the only thing I'm afraid of :unsure:

Usually the BG's ID card would be held at the front desk of the hotel and it should make her think twice before robbing you. Haven't been in a situation described above because I take precautions and do not have anything valuable in my room. In Bangkok, the hotels I stay at all have room safes. Before leaving my room for a night out, all my valuables go in the safe including laptop, cameras, and extra cash. I don't bring any jewelry or an expensive watch with me to Thailand. My travel or holiday watch that I wear is a cheap but good watch valued at 20-30 USD. I carry enough baht for drinks, bar fine and for the ST/LT. The only thing I would lose if I should get robbed is the baht I budgeted for the night.

I thought the hotels in Bangkok were better with room safes but after thinking about it because of the question about being robbed, I don't think having a safe in my room is good because any girl intent on robbing me could have a weapon and threaten me if I didn't open the safe. The hotels I've stayed at in Pattaya and Chiang Mai didn't have room safes. I used the hotel safety deposit boxes and don't have any valuables in my room. Again, if I should be robbed in my room, only the baht I budgeted for the night will be lost because all my valuables are in the hotel safety deposit box.

i have read on a number of other forums about people getting scamed in pattaya.i have been their 2 times in the last year and absolutely love the place and have never felt asif i have been scamed.I am only 21 and a little naive on the world travel side but never had any trouble.Is all the talk about scams bullshit or do they happen as often as they say.If so can you let me no for next time i go only about 44 weeks to go.cheers

learn some good Thai phrases, they are always less likely to take the piss if they think you can speak the lingo......saying that though, nobody has ever tried to scam me, it's my own fault I spend too much money when I go there :GoldenSmile1:

roll on March 12th 2009 for my next visit....somebody's going to be "Spider-Manned" ;)

Kylie's piss was real because her hotpants smelled of beans

Lots of scams never caught me out but have tried, the big scam is the bar girl telling you they love you and miss you as they tell the other 50 blokes that.....

i have read on a number of other forums about people getting scamed in pattaya.i have been their 2 times in the last year and absolutely love the place and have never felt asif i have been scamed.I am only 21 and a little naive on the world travel side but never had any trouble.Is all the talk about scams bullshit or do they happen as often as they say.If so can you let me no for next time i go only about 44 weeks to go.cheers

I get scammed all the time, its how I know I am in Thialand.

I payed 170bt in a beer bar last week (Superstars soi8) for a ladydrink- wouldnt be going back there again.

• 6 months later...

I think that most of the thai/isaan people in Pattaya come from very poor families

and send money home.

When they see all these rich foreigners the temptation is just too much.

I cannot really blame them.

I think that I have seen them all but there is always a new scam that I am unaware of.

Scams always happen when I am very tired and unaware.

Recent scams include:-

1) Receiving change for a 100 Baht note when a 500 Baht note has been given.

2) Motos I do not know trying to charge exorbitant amounts for a ride.

3) Providing cheap badly fitted doors for my condo when I have paid for expensive teak.

4) Returning a torn 10 US dollar note, not the one I gave, and saying that it is torn (in Cambodia.)

5) Selling faulty computer parts. They are all under "warranty" of course. (Pantip Plaza Bangkok.)

6) Pickpockets riding on the Baht buses - be careful when you get out!

But mostly I do not get scammed.

I remember someone tried to start a web site about scams.

Whatever happened to it.

just because i am paranoid does not mean that they are not following me.