IGNORED

is everyone trying to scam you

goz

i have read on a number of other forums about people getting scamed in pattaya.i have been their 2 times in the last year and absolutely love the place and have never felt asif i have been scamed.I am only 21 and a little naive on the world travel side but never had any trouble.Is all the talk about scams bullshit or do they happen as often as they say.If so can you let me no for next time i go only about 44 weeks to go.cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PSP

• nus01

• goz

• swanks

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..I do have a bridge for sale. Its lovely and spans the east River in New York. I sell cheap cheap!.

Seriously Ive never had an issue except from girls, strong arming me into 3000baht markups after agreeing to 1500baht. I just smile and say No speak english. and give them 1500.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

what kind of scmas do you mean? In the bars and gogos?

i mean by the bar girls i have read that they come up with all sorts of excuses to either leave or for you to give them money (my buffalo sick,i need money for my farm)or getting robbed by them.Like i said i have never had any problems myself but have read about them and just thought i would ask you views.

i mean by the bar girls i have read that they come up with all sorts of excuses to either leave or for you to give them money (my buffalo sick,i need money for my farm)or getting robbed by them.Like i said i have never had any problems myself but have read about them and just thought i would ask you views.

It depends on the guy , some say they got scammed , ( they love to whinge )

yet the don't cut a deal in the bar , some think its a scam , if the girl go's before 11 am .

or would not do this or that .

its your cash , its a buyers market ,

but if you get it wrong you take it on the chin and move on .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

1.getting robbed by a bg?In 20 years I have caught 2 bgs trying to rob me and one that did rob me of a ring.Of the 2 I caught robbing me both were taking money out of my pants.But out of hundreds of bfs this is still a low percentage.The best approach is to be careful and not give them the opportunity.IMO you are far safer with a GOGO bg as you know where she works and you can track her down if need be.

2.Excuses to leave early? If this happens you know the bg really does not like you and would rather be somewhere else(most likely with her Thai BF).When the bg says to me that she wants to leave early because it is her friends birthday party or she wants to see her friends then I say no problem .I pay her but then ask her to come back after she is finished.surprisingly maybe but I have had most come back.

3.Excuses for money.This mostly only occurs with your Thai GF.A strong indicator that she sees you as a money machine and not a real BF.Just say NO.I pay my TGF 10000-15000 per month allowance if she says that she is still short of money I tell her to go and get a job then.

I dont know about anyone else, but with such a high turn over, I always take my phone, money and valuables to the toilet with me!

i believe its down to the girl, if you pick a bad-un, chances are she may rob you. only go with good clean girls then should be no problem.

but there are scams in any city, hell - in my home town theres loads that go on. if your going thousands of miles away from home, just keep your wits about you and all should be fine, if something feels bad, it usually is, whether your in your home town or pattaya.

dont let wondering about what might happen spoil your holiday, just enjoy yourself.

Some girls might try and scam you but in my experience it is very rare unless you come from Iran or India. :D Your best bet is to get an hotel room with a safe in it and when she pops off to shower put all your things of value in the safe and do not leave other expensive goods on show.

Some of the bars might try and up the barfine on you sometimes but that will be up to you if you want to pay or not, with experience you will suss that out.

Do not believe any stories or stump up any money for sick relatives, buffalos, brother had accident etc, etc... from a girl you have known for a few days or even a few weeks. Always get the girls to leave their ID cards at the reception in the hotel , this way they might think twice before trying to rob you and last but not least use your common sense. If it sounds like bullshit, it probably is. :D:D

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

It is true that there are a few scammers there, but mostly they are all great people. you must remember that poor people will do questionable things when required. I always believe that if you go there flashing around too many goods, eg expensive cameras etc, then you will be a target. But overall, it really shouldnt be a problem!!

Moved to bar stool banter.

There are scammers all over the world, Thailand is no different!

But when travelling to another country its always best not

to leave your brain at the airport on arrival.

:D

Yes, they are.

The most common scam is

Young Sexy Thai girls play to your Ego by yelling out hello sexy man welcome to lure you into their bar.

They then lure you into a false sense of security by making a fuss over you , feeding your ego by calling you a sexyman and how she's likes you. She no like other customers they not funny, genorous and good looking like you.

she then asks you to take her back to your hotel where she makes passionate love to you all night and then again in the morning.

She then asks you for $30.

So be very careful, unfortuantley as I am thick as a brick I fall for this same scam 3-4 times a day.

Just try to use common sense. Dont leave valuables lying around, only take out enough money for the evening, I personally never do this but if you are new to Thailand discuss price and performance before hand. (not my style, but others do)

If you like specific things, (anal, BBBJ, CIM) tell them first, but if you dont discuss it, then dont get upset if they will not do it.

To avoid any scams when you go back home m(requests for cash), do not give them your home number and your email address, the requests for cash will come sooner or later. Remember you are coming here for a fun holiday, not to find a future wife or GF, unless you are, in that case good luck it could get expensive. :D

Treat the girls with respect and make them laugh, they will pay you back in kind 1 million times over if they like you. Rememebr they are human too but just keep your wits about you.

As Mr Beast has said, there is good and bad in all regardless of where they are from or what occupation they happen to hold.

Believe it or not, 99.9% of the scams I hear about here in Pattaya are actually conducted by Westerners not Thais! :angry2:

As others have said, providing you adopt basic Common Sense you should have a trouble free holiday.

Regards

PSP

:D

Edited by PSP

Believe it or not, 99.9% of the scams I hear about here in Pattaya are actually conducted by Westerners not Thais! :angry2:

Regards

PSP

:)

I'd agree with that, you are more likley to be scammed by a westerner than a Thai.

Always keep your wits about you while in Thailand , there are people who would scam you.

Just take simple precautions , like dont carry too much money , lock your valuables in a safe , and dont be overtrusting of anyone , be that Thai or farang , because you , at the end of the day , dont really know any of these people.

Basic common sense is all it takes and that my friend is THE TRUTH.

on my last trip i met a guy, norsey3, from another board, his story goes like this,

he met a girl on his aug trip, arranged to meet her again in december, she was at the airport waiting for him, they had a great 10days together, him giving her the room key etc while he was out playing golf, one night she was all over him and they had a great time in the bedroom, he went to sleep, he woke at 2am as he heard her moving about, but thought she was just going to the toilet, when he woke up next mornibg she was gone, so was his wallet, credit carsds, 10k in baht and his phone.

all this after staying with him for a while on his 1st trip and 2 weeks on his second.

i am not the type to classify everyone the same, i have a thai GF and leave large amounts of cash around the condo, but just goes to show, who can you trust????

oh and then of course there was skygod who managed to get pissed and get robbed of his wallet, creditcards and phone, oh and my camera. lol. but you kind of expect it from him!!!!

I dont know about anyone else, but with such a high turn over, I always take my phone, money and valuables to the toilet with me!

Best to be safe than sorry . The usual trick seems to be for the girl to take just one or two notes hoping you will not notice!

I always insist they shower with me and if they take there time I just sit down and say I`m watching them undress as it`s sexy!

It can be a bit embarrassing taking your wallet and stuff with you so the best way is to take everything and get dressed in the shower room after .

The worst ones by reputation , are the massage girls when you`ve had an oil massage. :10:

Again , take your clothes. ^_^

Edited by swanks

SB

What if you aint got 1 to leave?

I am thick as a brick I fall for this same scam 3-4 times a day.
n1

see above 5555555

Member since Dec 06.

she then asks you to take her back to your hotel where she makes passionate love to you all night and then again in the morning.

She then asks you for $30.

So be very careful, unfortuantley as I am thick as a brick I fall for this same scam 3-4 times a day.

3-4 times a day!. :)

soisix-ani.gif

For the 2 scams you mention. 1) keep your cash in the hotel safe. 2) your long time just changed into a short time. Pay her accordingly.

Treat the girls with respect and make them laugh, they will pay you back in kind 1 million times over if they like you. Rememebr they are human too but just keep your wits about you.

This is so true and works fine for me.

However every girl is different and its best to put your cash in the safe.

Last time in BKK i woke up and seemed to have picked up a freelancer. When she woke she told me i was so drunk that we did not have sex as i imediately collapsed on the bed. She could have easily robbed me, but her Nana-security had her ID number. It's a bad thing to get on the Nana ID card blacklist as this is a hotel where freelancers can score lots of punters.

But then again maybe she was just a good girl ^_^

Moved to bar stool banter.

But when travelling to another country its always best not

:Grin_Jump1:

My brain????

Where,where where?????

*)

And for the scams,i only got scamed ones(exept first and secund pay for LT) in 8 weeks, and that was by a Englishman.

(But i dont judge you all becourse of that *) )

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

If you agree to take them LT, and they make up an excuse to leave early, tell them you need to go to the bank in the morning to change some money as you need it to pay them.

See them try to get out of that one.