Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which golf society

huahinmatt

Old thread i know but i think when choosing a golf group its best to try different bars to see which one or more you like. Some groups are mixed, some heavy Americans, some heavy Canadians, people often congregate to the same nationality.

I like meeting golfers from all over the world, just makes things more interesting.

Links Bar seems to have a very mixed bag of nationalities.  Same could be said for Retox Bar, it is like the United Nations of Golf.

At Retox, met and played with some very good players, i.e. these two Swiss guys who are PGA certified.

Not too picky...I'll even play with those English Lads who live in Scotland.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have played golf via many of the bars, but never the LK Metro GC. It has a reputation (deserved or not) for only wanting to have 'good golfers'. I have only been playing for 10 years and have a 13 handicap - would I enjoy playing at the GC LK?

I have played golf via many of the bars, but never the LK Metro GC. It has a reputation (deserved or not) for only wanting to have 'good golfers'. I have only been playing for 10 years and have a 13 handicap - would I enjoy playing at the GC LK?

Ive' only played with the golf club on LK Metro a few times despite drinking there almost every night.  Nothing against them more a factor that I am hooked up with friends that play other venues.  Regular gigs 3 times a week so only if I play extra I might sign up there.

My experience is there is a cross section of golfers and a 13 will not be out of place at all.  Now I think it fair to say a 36 handicapper the doesn't understand pace of play and etiquette might not be welcome but that's probably true everywhere.  And more a case of pace and manners than ability.

So long story short - I think you would find some people you like playing with there.  

I used to play there a fair bit, always good, i like how Phil runs it as well. It can be a bit heavy on the Americans though.

No issues at all I would say from my experiance. The majority of the players are double figures for handicaps. They always play green valley on a Monday and mix it up for the other two days. Phil who runs it keeps everything going smoothly and as I said presentations are pretty much once your back at the bar. As for the nationalities I found a good mixture perhaps more Ozzys than others,however who cares about nationalities. I was the only Scot and was made welcome.

To add to the experiance the bar is nice for some food and a few very quiet drinks.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

No issues at all I would say from my experiance. The majority of the players are double figures for handicaps. They always play green valley on a Monday and mix it up for the other two days. Phil who runs it keeps everything going smoothly and as I said presentations are pretty much once your back at the bar. As for the nationalities I found a good mixture perhaps more Ozzys than others,however who cares about nationalities. I was the only Scot and was made welcome.

To add to the experiance the bar is nice for some food and a few very quiet drinks.

Yes mate I really like the bar for drinks and food. The ability to view the lovelies walking through LK Metro is a plus point too.

Yes mate I really like the bar for drinks and food. The ability to view the lovelies walking through LK Metro is a plus point too.

I never noticed the lovelies,are there lovelies in Pattaya?? Dam I have wasted my visits just playing golf and going back to my hotel ;)

• 2 weeks later...

IPGC (International Pattaya Golf Club) which is one of the two big golf societies in Pattaya, other one being PSC has got a new website, with link to groups, schedules and facebook page. I think the new site has been available for a while but wasn't well known. Old one is spamming off to another site.

New one is

www.ipgc.golf

• 2 weeks later...

TGC's schedule for March

Can highly recommend the trip to Kabinburi.

IMG_7849.JPG

TGC's schedule for March

Can highly recommend the trip to Kabinburi.

I 2nd your recommendation, I was planning on getting over for the trip however can't make it. The troops from TGC will make anyone and everyone welcome. Good schedual as always

That price for the Kabinburi trip.  All in hotel breakfast and two GF.  is that two girlfriends or........?   :hello09:

Goofy fucks.

You're included.

Archived