IGNORED

Which golf society

huahinmatt

Up from Hua hin in April for a month with a pal from UK. Which society or club is best to go with ? Looking to play comp golf for a month ? 

I see there are a few different ones , anyone to avoid , or better than others ? Semi serious and beers after 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can recommend Travelers Rest Golf Club on Soi Lengkee.  They are located in Ned Kelly's bar.  Fergus Brennan runs four tournaments a week.  His number is 0860567019.

Tell him that Dorsey sent you.

I can agree with Dorsey above, having played with a few different groups here in Pattaya.

For an excellent full day outing you can't beat this society.

Fergus is a funny fella, he runs a good golf day, can start with brekky at Ned Kelly Bar, then off to one of a great selection of courses that he has on his agenda, usually Phoenix every Thursday which is not bad as its a great track.

Drinks and a feed before returning to the bar.

Once back at the bar a presentation takes place and it's up to you how long you stay, I can say that there is usually a good mix of fellows and the odd lady who stay on and play pool , killer is the game of choice and many friends are made at this time.

Over all it's a great day out and you should not be disappointed. It's up to you.

Tell Fergus Big John the hacker from Australia recommended you.

And I might just one day buy him a drink.

Bear.

Bunker Boys play on Mon, weds and Friday. Registration around 9:15, leave at 10:00, play out of the Ranch on 3rd road.

Comp fees 220 baht, transport 250 baht, schedule for Feb should be up on PSC website soon.

Depends where you are staying and if you have transport

Personally I have played with The Golf Club, Lewinskii's, The Links, Cafe Kronberg, Rabbi Elephant Bar The Haven, Jomtiem Golf  & The Outback. They all operate slightly differently - I would say Outback and Jomtiem are slightly better organised but also the furthest away.  

I am a bit of a golf tart and look to see who's playing where rather than just stick with one society.

So this is where I look

http://www.pattayasports.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=171&Itemid=58

http://ipgc.org/ipgc_monthly_schedules.php

I can agree with Dorsey above, having played with a few different groups here in Pattaya.

For an excellent full day outing you can't beat this society.

Fergus is a funny fella, he runs a good golf day, can start with brekky at Ned Kelly Bar, then off to one of a great selection of courses that he has on his agenda, usually Phoenix every Thursday which is not bad as its a great track.

Drinks and a feed before returning to the bar.

Once back at the bar a presentation takes place and it's up to you how long you stay, I can say that there is usually a good mix of fellows and the odd lady who stay on and play pool , killer is the game of choice and many friends are made at this time.

Over all it's a great day out and you should not be disappointed. It's up to you.

Tell Fergus Big John the hacker from Australia recommended you.

And I might just one day buy him a drink.

Bear.

Bunker Boys play on Mon, weds and Friday. Registration around 9:15, leave at 10:00, play out of the Ranch on 3rd road.

Comp fees 220 baht, transport 250 baht, schedule for Feb should be up on PSC website soon.

Depends where you are staying and if you have transport

Personally I have played with The Golf Club, Lewinskii's, The Links, Cafe Kronberg, Rabbi Elephant Bar The Haven, Jomtiem Golf  & The Outback. They all operate slightly differently - I would say Outback and Jomtiem are slightly better organised but also the furthest away.  

I am a bit of a golf tart and look to see who's playing where rather than just stick with one society.

So this is where I look

http://www.pattayasports.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=171&Itemid=58

http://ipgc.org/ipgc_monthly_schedules.php

I can recommend Travelers Rest Golf Club on Soi Lengkee.  They are located in Ned Kelly's bar.  Fergus Brennan runs four tournaments a week.  His number is 0860567019.

Tell him that Dorsey sent you.

thanks chaps, should have just said we are staying in jomtien.  will contact the above.  

Great info guys. I look forward to hooking up with you guys for a game. Arriving Feb 4th til 14th.

Try Tropical Berts on Soi Six 1 Great bunch of guys and good food and will watch your clubs for you if you want to visit Soi Six next street over. A great way to end the day after golf.

Ive used the golden ferret golf society on pattaya new plaza. Different course everyday of the week, club storage and the day includes breakfast,transport, green fee, caddy fee plus 1 free beer on return to the bar. The bar also does good thai and western food. Its run by a bloke called Peter and his Thai mrs, always good hosts plus they have club storage aswell to save lugging clubs back and forth from your digs. Usual days comps are stableford winner, nearest the pin and longest drive. They advertise the next 7 days courses in the bar so you can see whats coming up and sign up there and then.

• 2 months later...

Great info on here. 

I am travelling with two friends to Pattaya on May 29-June 1st.

We would like to try and play Thurs or Friday morning.  

Our scores avg. around mid 90 to mid 100s.   We are not looking for competitive play, just leisure

game so soak in some of the beauty of tropical Thailand. 

My question to the group:  If you just had one day to play a Pattaya golf course, which one would you choose?

Also, do any of the clubs/societies have club rentals or is that handled at the courses only?

Thanks...JB

Great info on here. 

Our scores avg. around mid 90 to mid 100s.   We are not looking for competitive play, just leisure

My question to the group:  If you just had one day to play a Pattaya golf course, which one would you choose?

Also, do any of the clubs/societies have club rentals or is that handled at the courses only?

Thanks...JB

The Golf Club located on Soi LK Metro will be able to take caer of your needs, if you decide to go out on your own, they will be able to provide you with some rentals. As far as which one to play, if you have access to a vehicle and based on your handicap I would recommend playing at Phoenix golf course or Green Valley. If not I would link up with one of the golf societies and ride out with them..

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

Great info on here. 

Thanks...JB

If, as a visitor to Pattaya, you had to choose 1 course to play, for me it would be Khao Kheow.  It is a Dye design course & you can see similarities between KK & several of the courses the PGA Tour plays with his design, including an island green on the B course.  The view from the clubhouse is quite good, looking out over the course, as is from B9 tee to the clubhouse with the Mountain in the background.  There are different tees for you & your fellow players to use, dependent on your skill level, maybe the whites would suit you best.  It is not your every day course you could play in Australia, which both Phoenix & Green Valley are, nothing memorable or distinctive there. 

As far as golf groups go, there are many to choose from, some, shall we say, are more profit driven than others, but all pretty much fill the needs of the holiday golfer.

Enjoy

Also, for anyone wanting a non-competitive round of golf ... Danny runs golf Monday thru Friday from Le Katai on Soi Lengkee (off Soi Buckaow in middle of town) ... and a good mob to play with. Their weekly program is displayed at the bar and monthly program is on Pattaya Sports website.

No comp fees and 250-300 transport.

Theres a new group running from Witherspoons Bar in Soi Buhkaew. They play 3 times a week and its friendly golf - no competitions. 

My mate played with then a couple of weeks ago and said it was very friendly and easy going. Also Witherspoons is a sports bar with loads of TV screens showing sport from all over the planet 24/7.

Also there is free golf club storage if needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the comments and information.  My mates and I will have a chat with one of the bars mentioned on Wed or Thurs and plan for an outing

on Friday the 31st of May.  Maybe see one of you around the links!  Cheers.  Jay B

Certainly give travellers rest in Soi Lengkee out of Ned Kelly bar a go

Well run with a good mix of people

Fergus is a top guy

By all means mention gary from Aussie

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I've played at The Golden Ferret a few times very well organised different course every day and friendly to boot.

• 4 months later...

Sorry  The Golden Ferret Society, where will I find it.  ( I hope this isnt a stupid question)    If it is  fuck it I still need to know.  :-)

CountdownClockCodes.com

the golden ferret is opposite soi 8 on 2nd road in pattaya plaza. They have a web site if you google it.

Club hire, club storage and great food available.

Great place to hang out and usually good numbers of golfers, most of us just there for the crack and all ranges of golfers welcome,,,,

even a few bandits !!

• 1 month later...

Travellers rest group out of Ned Kelly Bar in Soi Lengkee

Well organised and really friendly

You will feel at home

Tried the rest but this ismy choice

• 2 years later...

Archived