Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Being called papa :'(

How should papa be understood, derogatory or respectful? I have some Thai friends call me papa, younger people, both men and women and yes I could be their father :)

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it is derogatory ... But surely you can tell from the manner/tone in which it is said

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

:Buddy1:  It's only joking.

I'm being constantly called "young boy". Heeey young boy i want go with you! Sexy boy weeelcome! Often I get jokes on this topic, like when I'm with my longtime lady, they always speak about her like about my mother. Where your mother go? Where is your mother?

And sometimes I get more jokes about my age, like if I know where to find pussy on women body and that she can show me. From mamasans I don't get recommendations like "this girl is young&beautiful&sexy", but they always presents girls like "this girl can teach you".

This may be as a joke, as well as offensive. In my opinion, it is important that the form in which it is presented and what time the call and what is currently mimicry girls. This is similar as the "Tyng tong".

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thank you boys, it is said in normal conversation and it is coming through the last six months, is worrying me if it should be interpreted just as sugar daddy.

banner.gif

Spent some time with a 50 something Norwegian dude who lives part time in Patts. He was on very good terms with the Thai owners and staff of the bar he frequented every day. Some of the ladies there referred to him as papa sometimes. It seemed to me that it was said lovingly and the Norweigan guy didn't seem to mind at all.

I have quite a few Thai friends that are younger than me and refer to me as papa, I think it was a signal that they thought of me as an older person that they liked but did not necessarily want to have sex with. usually they have been friends of various girlfriends. Two were young students that were related to a thai friend and did some study at our local university in Oz. I took care of them as if they were daughters and years later they still contact me and call me papa.

I honestly don't think the term is derogatory but may mean they are after friendship more than a sexual relationship

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Gee I don't know lads, it's an age related term isn't it, so surely a reference to your advancing years isn't good?

I can see it being used in a bantering way amongst good friends, but if someone I'm not close to calls me Papa as far as I'm concerned they're being a little snide.

Case in point, I always tip my room Maid, a little each day and a healthy tip on my last day.  Staying at @ Mind last year, the mature aged Maid was great (I'm guessing she was somewhere in her early 40's).  Cottoned on to the idea that my LT was a little keen on me, made up the towels into elephants and swans each day etc.

Last day, I hand her 1,000THB and thank her for her service, to which her response was "Thank you Papa" with a bit of a smirk.  My girl froze, I brushed it off.  She wasn't being 'friendly' that's for sure.

Put it another way, if someone calls you "Pops" back home, is it complimentary? 

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Put it another way, if someone calls you "Pops" back home, is it complimentary? 

Only if you're a jazz musician.

9103541-large.jpg

Papa - older fellow, less likely to fuck all night like young man (wrong). Have money take care (hmm).

To summary, that is okay that your younger friends call you papa in a friendly tone but not your girlfriend right.

banner.gif

How should papa be understood, derogatory or respectful? I have some Thai friends call me papa, younger people, both men and women and yes I could be their father :)

If it comes from someone you fancy, then not good, a clear message how she views you. Coming from others ok, as long as you don't mind being reminded how old you are. I usually correct them and say "grand papa" drawing a few laughs. Beats being called Boss by the rag head tailors. I stop and ask them if they really would like me to be their boss. They never say yes, because they know what comes next.

If Thailand is anything like Vietnam, in their language, pronouns always infer older/younger, and requisite respect. If I just want to let a girl know I want to be friendly, I call them young sister. Many times, their term for you relates to the agr of a member of their family, so if she's 20, and you're 45, papa might just be right. Normally, family terms are never disrespectful in Asian culture.

Mine call me grandpapa bro so count yourself lucky 555.

I really dont think they mean to be offensive, or positive for that matter, although they are possibly having a chuckle behind our backs.

I think what matter is how YOU feel about it. If you dont like it just tell them and i am sure they would stop doing it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I'm called Papa many times, have a good head of Grey/White hair, ,I take it as a compliment Every time up...bb...

I do not view it as derogatory. It is usually said with a smile and the fact is I am old. The last few years at work I was called gramps and it was a friendly nickname. I was by far the oldest person in my area and I had three grandchildren, now four of them. In LOS when the name is used I just smile and say hello.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

A favourite barfine of mine told me it was Thai for boyfriend.....:unsure:

I guess it's better than being called "paa", the Thai word for sugardaddy or sponsor :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

All I can say is I go with my papa too Thailand, and the amount of respect that is given to him when it's mentioned in a bar or gogo is huge! They bow to him and respect him entirely. So I would say its more of a respect thing! With me being 19 I too get the 'hey young man I want too show you good boom boom you not have before'. So I test there theory.

Conclusion: Like so much else, the meaning depending on who and how it is said :)

banner.gif

Conclusion: Like so much else, the meaning depending on who and how it is said :)

SURE is they call me papa  in the place i eat respect high season round bars dont get a call  or hello old man were you go .Low season not much goin on sexy man i am reborn.But most off the time were i go i am pretty well known so it is chris bie nie

JUST enjoy guys and be nice :Think1:

cheers chris :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

• 3 months later...

You are right?  it could mean many things and in different ways?

Papa could be out of respect since you are older?

Papa said by you younger wife isn't good since she might not look at you as her lover any longer and like a father so no more you know what?

If you go to a Go Go bar with those young stunners when one of the girls start to call you papa then it becomes like a unintentional insult pointing out your age and how the girls view you?

Papa is said by kids can also mean Sugar daddy?

No problem anymore, I've become used to they are look up from their blowjob and asking, do you like papa ROFLMAO

banner.gif

Archived