IGNORED

Tequila Reef

ChangFai

ya kind of deserved it...  mean spirited post, dude.

Which part, dude ?

It was just a post about another miserable experience at Tequila Reef, dude.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which part, dude ?

It was just a post about another miserable experience at Tequila Reef, dude.

I stand by my opinion, you're a mean spirited sort of fellow apparently.

carry on, have a great life!

I don't know--maybe it's just me, but I think that a 200b off next order is a great gesture considering that a good portion of OP's original complaints could have been solved fairly easily:

Problem: It takes a couple tries for the  waitress to understand your order in English
Solution: Speak slower and clearly or learn Thai.
Alternative: Do not travel to non-English speaking countries.

Problem: Uneven table and leaking A/C
Solution: Ask to move (unless you like complaining)
Alternative: Get up and move yourself.

Problem: Waitress has the gall to notify the restaurant patrons that there is no fish.
Solution: Block your hyper-delicate ears with headphones.
Alternative: Fill ears with sardines.  Will bock out waitress announcements and will provide "insurance" fish, just in case of these instances when a restaurant runs out.

Problem: Tiger Beer has a pointlessly small beer condom.
Solution: Muster up the strength to remove it.
Alternative: Put aside the debate of the usefulness of the beer condom and just drink the beer while it is cold. 

Problem: Fajitas are not hot (but still tasty?)
Solution: Kindly ask them to reheat. Don't get upset if you make the executive decision to stay with the cold ones and then hot ones come out 5 minutes later. Also don't be upset if the waitresses don't want anything to do with you after wasting an entire dish.  

Problem: Restaurant owner doesn't provide adequate restitution over the long term torment and mental scaring from your mediocre meal with questionable service.
Solution: Tell restaurant owner in private that you appreciate the gesture, but no amount will justify the lack of quality during your recent experience.  You both agree to disagree and go your separate ways, never to bother each other again.  He loses your business forever, you no longer have to write bad reviews. Win/win. 

I'm obviously messing with you above, but overall, I believe you that it wasn't perfect.  It's just that some of those items were easily correctable, so why make such a big deal over them?

I don't know--maybe it's just me, but I think that a 200b off next order is a great gesture considering that a good portion of OP's original complaints could have been solved fairly easily:

Problem: It takes a couple tries for the  waitress to understand your order in English

Problem: Waitress has the gall to notify the restaurant patrons that there is no fish.
Alternative: Fill ears with sardines.  Will bock out waitress announcements and will provide "insurance" fish, just in case of these instances when a restaurant runs out.

Alternative: Put aside the debate of the usefulness of the beer condom and just drink the beer while it is cold. 

Solution: Kindly ask them to reheat. Don't get upset if you make the executive decision to stay with the cold ones and then hot ones come out 5 minutes later. Also don't be upset if the waitresses don't want anything to do with you after wasting an entire dish.  

Problem: Restaurant owner doesn't provide adequate restitution over the long term torment and mental scaring from your mediocre meal with questionable service.
Solution: Tell restaurant owner in private that you appreciate the gesture, but no amount will justify the lack of quality during your recent experience.  You both agree to disagree and go your separate ways, never to bother each other again.  He loses your business forever, you no longer have to write bad reviews. Win/win. 

I'm obviously messing with you above, but overall, I believe you that it wasn't perfect.  It's just that some of those items were easily correctable, so why make such a big deal over them?

because he's a mean spirited sort of guy, obviously... why else would he respond to the offer sent by pm to him from the owner of the restaurant in such a nasty way, and publicly on the board? 

Thanks for taking the time to write that out and post it.

I wish I had your life.

Thanks for taking the time to write that out and post it.

I wish I had your life.

Right back at ya buddy for the original post.

isaac.jpg

Right back at ya buddy for the original post.

attachicon.gifisaac.jpg

classic

Thanks guys for all the excellent feedback. We have made some improvements with new tables along with adding some great Cajun items to the menu which are excellent. Be sure to bring your Pattaya Addicts discount card for 10% off.

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

We have made some improvements with new tables 

Well its a start I suppose !

thanks, and I will make sure to come in next trip... have had your catered food at NW, but have not come in to your restaurant...

• 3 weeks later...

Was there in May and will be back this month. The food was pretty good for Mexican food on Thailand I thought. My wife typically only east Thai food there, but I told her she had to try this place next trip.

ChangFai, some good has come out of your thread!!!  The Fajitas I had last night where one of the best meals I have had in Pattaya and it was super sizzling.  You put a rocket under the owner and he has taken it on board and turned it around, for one moment last night I thought the girls where on Yaba, skipping around all smiles, i'd turn around and there was another one there and the joint was about a third full.

I ordered the Fajitas and the waitress said we finish for tonight have no beans, sweet I don't like beans anyway so all good.  Then i set the rules:  I want the Fajitas super sizzling (making hand gestures) If i don't come out of the kitchen sizzling, dont bring them  out.

Then me and the sweet Fajitas got down and dirty.  This baby sizzled that much when she came out I had to get off my chair and the kids from inside ran out to see what all the sizzling was about.

post-82617-0-33115400-1375084444_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-04227000-1375084481_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-76368400-1375084517_thumb.jpg

A few minor complaints TR, my coke was flat and I do like your coke sparkling..  You where a bit light on the toppings for the price you could load them up a bit more and make 6 Fajitas not 4.  And the cheese mate, It tasted good looks off!!!

Called in there last night, had a feed of Nachos & a couple of margaritas - everything was spot on as far as I was concerned.

BBQ chicken and ribs combo. I thought it was ok but I should have went for full rack of ribs or fajitas.

But I really enjoy the margaritas here was one of the best I ever had .

20130718_193751.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Always enjoy Tequila Reef. The Steak Hogies are good. Ribs and Wings also awesome. Only actually eaten in there once but ordered take out several times. The nacho's I ha in there were spot on too.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a few times now over the years and my only suggestion would be to get better cheese ie: Montery Jack. The orange cheese does'nt work for me, looks like grated Red Leicester

• 1 month later...

I have eaten at the one in AC and walked into the one in Patts,  reminded me of home, in fact some of the memorabelia on the walls was from my home state Arizona. Always good to give business to a fellow Phoenician!

Oh ya.....I enjoyed the food too!

I can never find you Chris when I'm in town either you are in AC when I'm in Patts or you are in Patts when I'm in AC.

Mexican food in Oz is pretty much shit so don't eat it.

But this June a mate took us there cause he reckoned

the food was great and the waitresseez beautiful

He was right on both counts and the jugs of Marghareetas

are great. there was 4 of us and we couldn't finish all the food

It's also nice to eat in A/C. Will definitely be back in December

I have never had a bad experience in Tequila Reef. I don't care for their Mexican food but they have plenty of other dishes i enjoy. I have always found the staff to be good and have good attitudes. Sounds to me like the server understood your complaint, then when she brought a new dish and seen you were eating your food she took it back. Think more of a communication error on that part. Not easy for a restaurant to be perfect 100% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, group of us had a great time here, some of the dishes not so good, but probably down to personal choice.

Plenty of jugs of margaritas, they were the dogs bolls.

Chatted to a Thai girl working there, she was a Catholic I think, goes to church twice a week. Lovely girl.

Go figure!!!!!!! 

I can only imagine what's it's like to run a business in Pattaya.

I've been to TR every time I've visited Patts - never an issue & the food was always of a high standard.

I'll certainly go there again on my next trip, without hesitation.

Archived