Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tequila Reef

ChangFai

There's basically 0% unemployment in Chonburi right now too. The factories are paying big wages & bonuses (for them), feeding them, and busing them to and from now.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished up some delivery from Tequila Reef (via Door2Door delivery)... got a full rack of ribs, order of tequila wings, and 2 beef tacos... the ribs were a little heavy on the sauce for my tastes but good quality meat and slow cooked, falling off the bone (similar to beefeaters), ill have to ask for sauce on the side next time. the tacos came with a surprising amount of beef on them, i almost could not add the lettuce/cheese/tomato etc because there was so much beef... thats not a complaint, thats a very GOOD thing :)

i was so full after the ribs and 1 taco that i still have no tried the wings yet, will heat those up later.

overall it was better than i expected for tex-mex in pattaya... will order from them again.

Thailand has wicked taxes on all imported alcohols thus the prices for our selection of 100% Agave are not cheap (Heradura, Patron, etc.). We use only Jose Cuevo for our margaritas as we consider El Toro unacceptable as that is not Tequila in my opinion. Good tequila can be found at most well stocked liquor outlets/stores around Thailand but not all and you are looking at around 3000 baht a bottle for a reposado or rested Tequila. Feel free to PM me if you want to know where we purchase ours as some people are quite partial to good Tequila. 

i don't know why you don't make an offer to visitors to bring a nice big bottle of resposado in exchange for 2 meals and 2 margaritas or something like that.  Everybody wins..We are allowed two bottles.  Tequila cheap in US.

Just finished up some delivery from Tequila Reef (via Door2Door delivery)... got a full rack of ribs, order of tequila wings, and 2 beef tacos... the ribs were a little heavy on the sauce for my tastes but good quality meat and slow cooked, falling off the bone (similar to beefeaters), ill have to ask for sauce on the side next time. the tacos came with a surprising amount of beef on them, i almost could not add the lettuce/cheese/tomato etc because there was so much beef... thats not a complaint, thats a very GOOD thing :)

i was so full after the ribs and 1 taco that i still have no tried the wings yet, will heat those up later.

overall it was better than i expected for tex-mex in pattaya... will order from them again.

Tequila Reef BBQ Chicken & Rib Combo

Tijuana Taxi Pregnant Burrito

Large Hot Dog

I made a pig of myself last week on the above through D2D.  Hot dog was average, the rest was all good!  I made it through the ribs (to much sauce) and a coleslaw/fries sides, hot dog and the burrito which was huge and could not be arsed putting the salad on.  Saved the chicken and salad for lunch the next day.

I just re-heated and enjoyed the wings.... they were definitely good, although i feel for the price (170b) there should have been 6 of them instead of 4.... would still order again though, they were better than expected.

also, just to point out... these are full wings, from the shoulder down.... not just the elbow down half-wing you get at some places.

i noticed they forgot one of my side dishes that was supposed to come with my full rack of ribs.... i ordered beans and potato salad.... only got the beans :(  i assume this is probably because it was late at night 1030-11ish and they might have run out.... but if that was the case they should have substituted something else instead. not a big deal though, will still order again.

This place is great.  As a Californian addict of Mexican-American food, I can say that I stop by here every time I am in Pattaya.  The staff are friendly, the Mexican and Thai food are excellent, and the margaritas are delicious.  I even go to a little cantina near my home in NorCal just because it reminds me of the Tequila Reef, Pattaya.  Whomever feels the need to slam this place for whatever little reason, please remind yourself that you are in SE Asia, and you are eating authentic Mexican-American food served by friendly, bright, young Thai waitresses.  What a time we live in.

• 3 weeks later...

I had being to AC and enjoyed my food in TR there. Service was also great.

I will be visiting patts soon (29/4/2013) onwards and will drop by TR.

I truly hope that the recipe for the food is the same as per AC.

Cheers!!

Im looking forward to trying this place out when i'm there in May 

This place is great.  As a Californian addict of Mexican-American food, I can say that I stop by here every time I am in Pattaya.  The staff are friendly, the Mexican and Thai food are excellent, and the margaritas are delicious.  I even go to a little cantina near my home in NorCal just because it reminds me of the Tequila Reef, Pattaya.  Whomever feels the need to slam this place for whatever little reason, please remind yourself that you are in SE Asia, and you are eating authentic Mexican-American food served by friendly, bright, young Thai waitresses.  What a time we live in.

Agreed. I've had Mexican food in Europe and Asia and while it doesn't taste quite the same as Mexican-American food, it's still more than worth enjoying. 

I like hearing that the margaritas are good. Thanks for the post. :)

I think Chang Fai is entitled to post his review, it is the restaurant section after all.

Tequila Reef has made his offer in compensation and said he will act on the feedback. For the sake of putting things right and good public relations, maybe he could have said the fajitas will be on the house next time?

I've eaten at Tequila Reef, no major problems although I thought the chilli might was a bit salty.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Tequila Reef is the ONLY restaurant in Pattaya that I KNOW I am going to go to before the plane even touches down in BKK. Living in Japan, I'm seriously jealous.

P.S. - went and checked out Nixonsbest's thread on breakfasts - that is a great thread, very constructive and obviously a lot of time put into it.

I don't mind tequila reef. Went with a fellow BM and got the rib/chicken combo thing. How anyone could eat that much meat in one sitting is beyond me. The ribs were ok without being spectacular and the chicken was ok to. I am not a big vegetable eater but i would of liked to see more greenery. I have been in hospitality and getting and keeping a reasonable standard of waiting staff is so much harder than you realise. 

I thought the place was ok. I would go back because it wasn't bad and the day i went may have been a bad day. It could be better next time or not. Hospitality does change from visit to visit. The basic premise of the restaurant and the price/menu/value mix is pretty good.

• 1 month later...

I went to Tequila Reef this week with my TGF. We were placing our order of around 1500 baht for the 2 of us as we were hungry but cancelled it and left as the waitress could not handle what I think is a simple request. I had ordered the Nachos Grande and asked the waitress to add a scoop of guacamole too and charge me extra. To this request I got a "can not".I asked why and she said set menu you need to buy the corn chips and guacamole costing 195 baht. I told her that I did not want extra corn chips by themselves and I just want 1 scoop of guacamole to go with the nachos and am happy to be charged a little extra. Once again she said sorry sir can not, she then called over another staff member who confirmed the same that they can not add a scoop of guacamole to the Nachos Grande. I explained 195 baht is too much to order a separate item just to get a scoop of guacamole so I can add it myself and if they can not add it we will cancel the order and go eat elsewhere to which I got a OK I cancel order bye type reply.

We left and went to Lone Star on Soi Lenkee where the answer to the same request was "no problem" and 60 baht was added to my bill accordingly.

I went to Tequila Reef this week with my TGF. We were placing our order of around 1500 baht for the 2 of us as we were hungry but cancelled it and left as the waitress could not handle what I think is a simple request. I had ordered the Nachos Grande and asked the waitress to add a scoop of guacamole too and charge me extra. To this request I got a "can not".I asked why and she said set menu you need to buy the corn chips and guacamole costing 195 baht. I told her that I did not want extra corn chips by themslef and I just want 1 scoop of guacamole to go with the nachos and am happy to be charged a little extra. Once again she said sorry sir can not, she then called over another staff member who confirmed the same that they can not add a scoop of guacamole to the Nachos Grande. I explained 195 baht is too much order a seperate item just to get a scoop of guacamole so I can add it myslef and if they can not add it we will cancel the order and go eat elsewhere to which I got a OK I cancel order bye type reply.

We left and went to Lone Star on Soi Lenkee where the answer to the same request was "no problem" and 60 baht was added to my bill accordingly.

That's ridiculous. They lost out on 1500 bt because they were too stubborn even though you were willing to pay extra. All Mexican restaurants offer guacamole as a side dish in USA as it can be eaten with any Mexican dish. I'd say "Thai logic" but that wouldn't even explain it.

Sounds like a place ....to AVOID....

Bad    Bad   Bad   attitude

i don't know why you don't make an offer to visitors to bring a nice big bottle of resposado in exchange for 2 meals and 2 margaritas or something like that.  Everybody wins..We are allowed two bottles.  Tequila cheap in US.

the licencing branch do spot checks on bars and restaurents. if caught selling spirits or liquers without the proper thai duty tags then you are in deep shit

any holes a goal

That's ridiculous. They lost out on 1500 bt because they were too stubborn even though you were willing to pay extra. All Mexican restaurants offer guacamole as a side dish in USA as it can be eaten with any Mexican dish. I'd say "Thai logic" but that wouldn't even explain it.

"We're Not in Kansas Anymore"

While I generally try to eat Thai food when in LOS, I can't help but get cravings for a real tacos after a few beers.  However, they must be done right to really hit the spot.  Need good fresh salsa that has fresh cilantro, and a decent hot sauce.  I also prefer soft corn tortillas over flour in most instances.

On a related note: I'm kind of surprised there aren't any burrito-only stands/take out places in Pattaya.  I would have thought a place like that would make a killing with all the bars and late night drinking crowds.  They are practically idiot proof to make once the meat is prepared, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about quality control from an owner's perspective.  I would kill for a carnitas burrito after a night of drinking.  

While I generally try to eat Thai good when in LOS, I can't help but get cravings for a real tacos after a few beers.  However, they must be done right to really hit the spot.  Need good fresh salsa that has fresh cilantro, and a decent hot sauce.  I also prefer soft corn tortillas over flour in most instances.

On a related note: I'm kind of surprised there aren't any burrito-only stands/take out places in Pattaya.  I would have thought a place like that would make a killing with all the bars and late night drinking crowds.  They are practically idiot proof to make once the meat is prepared, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about quality control from an owner's perspective.  I would kill for a carnitas burrito after a night of drinking.  

I'm with you!  A stand with burritos or tacos seems like it could do a decent business, but maybe that's just my California/Texas bias coming out!

One of the best food in the LA area for late night cravings (both for causing and for satisfying them!) are those damn bacon-wrapped hot dogs carts (which sometimes are literally just a shopping cart with a propane tank and baking sheet placed on top).  

They've got bacon, hot dogs, onions and peppers all being grilled up at the same time....I don't know if there is a better smell that that!

Here's a photo I pulled off of the Net for those who have never experienced them:

Hot-Dog-Stand.png

I'm with you!  A stand with burritos or tacos seems like it could do a decent business, but maybe that's just my California/Texas bias coming out!

One of the best food in the LA area for late night cravings (both for causing and for satisfying them!) are those damn bacon-wrapped hot dogs carts (which sometimes are literally just a shopping cart with a propane tank and baking sheet placed on top).  

They've got bacon, hot dogs, onions and peppers all being grilled up at the same time....I don't know if there is a better smell that that!

Here's a photo I pulled off of the Net for those who have never experienced them:

attachicon.gifHot-Dog-Stand.png

How have I lived this long without experiencing a bacon-wrapped hot dog?  Forehead slapping moment for not thinking of trying that before.  

That cart idea would make a killing near the entrance of Walking Street.  Wait a sec...that really is a shopping cart.  I thought you were exaggerating.  lol.  

attachicon.gifHot-Dog-Stand.png

That looks unbelievably good! Tell him to roll his cart up to Seattle

I love this place .. but being from Texas I am use to my margarita in a large margarita glass ... the only margaritas I find in Thailand come in a tiny margarita glasses... i have to drink three of them to equal one Texas margarita... Anyone know who sells normal size margarita in Pattaya???

Knew it would not be long before the name calling started

:rolleyes:

ya kind of deserved it...  mean spirited post, dude.

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of Mexican food

especially in Oz. But me and the mates rolled

into Tequila Reef on our last trip (June) and

it was great.

We had ribs and Fajitas to share

with a pitcher of Margarettas. The food was good

Margaretta very good and cold, and the service

was good with beautiful looking waitresses.

Also loved eating in A/C

Will definitely be eating there in December

I have been there many times and the food has always been excellent. The mango margaritas are the bomb...

Archived