IGNORED

Friar Tucks in Soi Lenkee

cartoonman

Had their 99 baht fish abd chips. Being a Yank, I'm not sure what others consider good fish and chips but the fish was more batter than fish but what there was of it was tasty. The chips were very good. Add a beer and it's an okay meal.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this Restaurant still open?

This was my first thai restaurant 2013 and I return here on my 2nd trip back in 2014 . so I like to come here for my first meal again

I'm back in Pattaya on Tuesday  

Is this Restaurant still open?

This was my first thai restaurant 2013 and I return here on my 2nd trip back in 2014 . so I like to come here for my first meal again

I'm back in Pattaya on Tuesday  

yeah, it is still open, and still very good

SN7tukw.gif

• 1 month later...

Yep was still open . Prices was still great and also the food . Fried noodles and Vegetable soup 

Could only stop here twice as I was staying other side of Pattaya this trip .

20160315_153724.jpg

20160405_151823.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been eating here a few times this trip and enjoy the food very much. Good selection to order from and a good amount on the plate. Not expensive.

Looks good. To bad it is on soi lenkee, not much fun to watch on while you are eating. Only reason I havnt eat there.

Had their 99 baht fish abd chips. Being a Yank, I'm not sure what others consider good fish and chips but the fish was more batter than fish but what there was of it was tasty. The chips were very good. Add a beer and it's an okay meal.

Were they actual chips or crinkle cut fries? My last time there (6 months ago) they served me these crinkle fries and I had to pay 20 baht extra for tartar. The batter was cooked perfectly but the fish was very mushy (maybe frozen, thawed, frozen, thawed). Never went back.

post-83663-0-48438100-1444550482.jpg

Looks good. To bad it is on soi lenkee, not much fun to watch on while you are eating. Only reason I havnt eat there.

Sorry VFV but are you on some sort of  medication or maow when you posted this reply ?

Were they actual chips or crinkle cut fries? My last time there (6 months ago) they served me these crinkle fries and I had to pay 20 baht extra for tartar. The batter was cooked perfectly but the fish was very mushy (maybe frozen, thawed, frozen, thawed). Never went back.

You may find the mushy texture is the nature of the dory/pangasius fish. Ordering f&c in a place that is predominantly serving thai food can come with a risk IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry VFV but are you on some sort of  medication or maow when you posted this reply ?

No why? It is a boring street.

No why? It is a boring street.

So you only est in restaurants on streets which are not boring?

Where do you normally eat ?

The Gazza strip?

So you only est in restaurants on streets which are not boring?

Where do you normally eat ?

The Gazza strip?

Yes, otherwise I prefer eating at home and watch tv instead while eating

I pass on many restaurants because of this reason, I think it is just as importent as the food itself if not more importent, but many streets in pattaya offers something to look at while you are eating. For example BR you have a nice sea view and can look at all the people, in LK Metro you can look at all the bars etc. But Soi Lengkee is just a street people walk by, it is no action or anything intresting to watch. 

I tend to eat in restaurants that have good food, service & prices. Don't care, at all, if the street is exciting. When I'm drinking is another story...

Big Mike.

I tend to eat in restaurants that have good food, service & prices. Don't care, at all, if the street is exciting. When I'm drinking is another story...

Big Mike.

Why would it be different when you drink, and why eat out if you do not care about your surroundings? Usually cheapier to eat at home and many times more tasty.

Eating popcorn without a movie is not the same thing

I'm sitting in a restaurant. Having a meal. Concentrating on the food & my companion. Street excitement...NOT A FRIGGIN' PRIORITY. Might be sitting and noshing for an hour, at the most. Then moving on. That's why a super exciting street isn't that important. If I'm drinking ( meaning I'm probably sitting in the same bar for 8 hours ) then my surroundings & street excitement are a priority. Also...I hate popcorn ;-)

Big Mike.

Does seem a bit strange to pass on some great food based on not being entertained well you eat..

I think your just taking a piss to sound different

Does seem a bit strange to pass on some great food based on not being entertained well you eat..

I think your just taking a piss to sound different

I already explain it. 

Why should I go out and eat if I do not care about the surroundings, what is the point in going out and pay more then? Why not just stay at home and stair at wall, since all that matters is the food? Why do people say they travel to pattaya or anywhere to eat? Seriously it is not that good so it is worth spending all that time and money on traveling, off course it is the surroundings that make it worth it.

Do you enjoy popcorn as much when you do not watch a movie as well? Food/drink and entertainment goes hand in hand. You that comes from USA that should not come as a surprise, consider how much food sells at sportsarenas and so on in USA/Canada.

But I leave it now. Go back to discussing the food wich it probably offer plenty good of consider the price.

I already explain it. 

Why should I go out and eat if I do not care about the surroundings, what is the point in going out and pay more then? Why not just stay at home and stair at wall, since all that matters is the food? Why do people say they travel to pattaya or anywhere to eat? Seriously it is not that good so it is worth spending all that time and money on traveling, off course it is the surroundings that make it worth it.

Do you enjoy popcorn as much when you do not watch a movie as well? Food/drink and entertainment goes hand in hand. You that comes from USA that should not come as a surprise, consider how much food sells at sportsarenas and so on in USA/Canada.

But I leave it now. Go back to discussing the food wich it probably offer plenty good of consider the price.

Yes I fly my flag and am proud of my country!!

I'm not sure where your from and it's not important but why even travel or leave your house if you listen to what your implying.

How do you know if a place is what you think if you never go out to eat..

Many things happen or friends are made from sitting in a place for a meal.

Not everyplace has to be a Walking Street gogo..

I don't go to insamnia or that type of atmosphere for my dinner...

Some of the best people I've meet or conversations have been in a place that is racing around you..

But hey let's face it, I could care less where you eat and if u want to stare at a wall in your hotel room then great, it sounds like it'll fit your personality perfectly...

• 2 weeks later...

this business is now for sale . Sign out the front. Sad as I enjoy the food and the Thai owners smile.

this business is now for sale . Sign out the front. Sad as I enjoy the food and the Thai owners smile.

Been up for sale before,nothing new in that,,,,,,, :hello09:

That's a relief ,wasn't sure if you knew or not . Now I can get back to enjoying the rest of my holiday.

Started to have their special, fish, chips and mushy peas 149 baht. Thought it was very good, hope they don't close.

• 1 month later...

Looked good

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived