IGNORED

Friar Tucks in Soi Lenkee

cartoonman

Last week I spotted a new small spotlessly clean CHEAP Thai/Falang restaurant half way down Soi Lenkee just past the China Garden called FRIAR TUCKS.

So I thought I would give it a try...

They have 12 small tables - the walls were white ( Just Opened ) and the Lovely Boss woman

( TUCK ) bought over two menus .

English breakfast was 89 Baht ( Encluding Extra Toast ) if wanted.

Fish and chips were 99 Baht.

Pork loin fillet and chips was 99 Baht.

Beef burger in a bun and chips was 79 Baht.

and a nice selection of Thai food from 35 - 50 Baht.

Soft drinks were 20 Baht and Tea/Coffee 20 Baht.

I had Chicken cooked in Coconut and rice plus a Sprite and the Bill was 80 Baht. ( Very Nice )

They also have rooms to rent upstairs from 350 Baht ) Including FreeWiFi and Free Water.

TUCK speaks very good English and is Charming and Friendly and runs the place with her partner David.from the U.K..

They open from 11-00 a.m. till about Midnight.

Pop by and give it a try.

I will - as I spotted plenty on the menu that I would want to sample.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta wonder what kind of profit there will be with those prices.

You gotta wonder what kind of profit there will be with those prices.

Small profit from big turnover is better than big profit from nothing-plenty of competition in this area and prices very similar-answer you question :Think1:

Great prices i will check them out in Feb for a snack

Will need to check that out in the

next few days!

Walked past ......didnt look busy...took a pic

P1190089 (640x480).jpg

The side order of chips was very generous but the bacon sarny was very disappointing. I'll give it another go.

The side order of chips was very generous but the bacon sarny was very disappointing. I'll give it another go.

What did u exactly order?

Righto just had the spag bol and can of lemon tea for 114batt.very good for taste and value.I think I may try to work my way through the menu.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just got back from patts a few days ago.

I saw this post on 16 Jan and thought I'd give it a try as I normally eat in the busy thai place opposite katesiree on soi bukhao.

The food is great. The price is soooo cheap & tuc (the owner) is the most pleasant person you could meet. I started eating there most days and was never dissapointed. I fancied a penang curry one day. It wasnt on the menu but tuc made it for me anyway.

One day I had a full meal with seperate rice and 5 small chiang. ( only because I was talking to other diners & could'nt get away). Whole bill less than 260b

Give it a go. I know where I'll be eating next trip!

will be trying this place out when we arrive in april, cheers

Sounds like a good find & having a courteous owner helps!

What are the alcohol prices like?

Small beers 39-45b. Wine 55b. I think large beers are 55b.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just got back from patts a few days ago.

I saw this post on 16 Jan and thought I'd give it a try as I normally eat in the busy thai place opposite katesiree on soi bukhao.

The food is great. The price is soooo cheap & tuc (the owner) is the most pleasant person you could meet. I started eating there most days and was never dissapointed. I fancied a penang curry one day. It wasnt on the menu but tuc made it for me anyway.

One day I had a full meal with seperate rice and 5 small chiang. ( only because I was talking to other diners & could'nt get away). Whole bill less than 260b

Give it a go. I know where I'll be eating next trip!

I was there yesterday - Great Thai cooking - Every Dish so far has been Very Tasty - I had Chicken with Black Pepper and Vegetables with a huge portion of rice and a cola for 80 Baht - Amazing Value and Quality.

I will be back.

Sounds great.I live nearby and will most deffo visit this place upon arrival next week !!

Had lunch there today, liver with onions and bacon, chips and small salad included, 130 baht. To my surprise the bacon turned out to be three slices of decent quality ham. Maybe it's Candadian bacon. The liver was pressed chicken livers and not a whole lot. The chips were excellent and plentiful, the salad was surprisingly good. Though I wasn't blown away by the meal, the quality of ingredients and care put into the presentation showed Tuk, the cook, takes pride in her work. I will be gong back tomorrow to explore the menu further. Until then, Friar Tuk's gets a thumbs up for now.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

yet to try the place but prices sound great especially with the exchange rate at the moment

I went there couple days ago had chicken burger and chips for 100B and it was very tasty

Following day went somewhere else had chips again and they were not cooked properly

• 4 weeks later...

For an inexpensive meal you cant beat it.  Went twice - very good both times. 

Archived