• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they have a website?

Will be in LOS next week so deffo going to try the food

Do they have a website?

Will be in LOS next week so deffo going to try the food

I wouldn't have thought so!

great food and nice service -the little old dear needs to brush up on her tinglish though 

Tried there about a month ago....

Ordered Flake....no chips....as my treatment does not allow me to indulge....

It arrived "Burnt"

Obvious that the Oil was too hot....

Batter was covered in little brown burn bubbles....and fish itself was as dry as a Nun's........

Doubt I'll give it another shot

I also had mixed experiences. As posted already I had a nice burger and chips there

2nd time I went in and sat down. I wanted to sit on one of the two tables outside but both taken, nvm. Waited 5 mins, no service even tho there was only 1 couple inside. No biggy as I wasn't in a rush. Finally motioned a lady over, she goes 'check bin!' and starts looking for a bill! " no no no. I not order yet"....."ah ok sorry"

Order and the burger chips this time comes with less chips. No drama my appetite in Los isn't the same as UK given the heat and drinking. The salad isn't in the burger tho its separate to one side. Ok np I'll make myself hehe. All minor things really but totally TiT

The funniest thing was hearing the TG on the table behind me telling what I guess was her BF / sponsor that she was out with a friend eating and no...she wasn't with another falang and she loved him very much. The blonde falang with her seemed to know the score as he just laughed it off

I took two friends to Friar Tucks last night - they had never been there before - one was a fussy so and so - He Loved his Fish and Chips ( Ate the lot - said he`ll be back - 99 Baht ) the other guy wanted Thai food - as hot as they can do it - it came and he scoffed the lot ( Loved it )  I had RED CURRY with Chicken - absolutely perfect.  Amazing Value.

Tuck is a great cook but she is plagued with CRAP STAFF.

You just have to go with the flow and just chill out - it`s worth it.

Tried there about a month ago....

Ordered Flake....no chips....as my treatment does not allow me to indulge....

It arrived "Burnt"

Obvious that the Oil was too hot....

Batter was covered in little brown burn bubbles....and fish itself was as dry as a Nun's........

Doubt I'll give it another shot

RETRACTION and APOLOGY

Last night I had a drink with a friend (fellow Board member) and we went hunting for a snack .....I fancied a Chilli

In our discussions Friar Tuck's came up as he knew they did one...(unfortunately they had run out last night)

He mentioned my post about the Flake and I realised that I had posted about the wrong place

The burned Flake I got was at Jolly Friar....NOT Friar Tuck's

I just want to set the record straight and apologise for my stuff up

I will give Friar Tucks a try soon...prices are amazingly cheap for Western food in Pattaya

P.S. cartoonman.....totally understand your comment about the staff.....

It was a painful and lengthy experience trying to order a Chilli take away....paid....waited......eventually to be told....Chilli mot lau.....mai mee Chilli

errrr OK then....so give me my money back...... another "experience"....LOL

Last week I spotted a new small spotlessly clean CHEAP Thai/Falang restaurant half way down Soi Lenkee just past the China Garden called FRIAR TUCKS.

So I thought I would give it a try...

They have 12 small tables - the walls were white ( Just Opened ) and the Lovely Boss woman

( TUCK ) bought over two menus .

English breakfast was 89 Baht ( Encluding Extra Toast ) if wanted.

Fish and chips were 99 Baht.

Pork loin fillet and chips was 99 Baht.

Beef burger in a bun and chips was 79 Baht.

and a nice selection of Thai food from 35 - 50 Baht.

Soft drinks were 20 Baht and Tea/Coffee 20 Baht.

I had Chicken cooked in Coconut and rice plus a Sprite and the Bill was 80 Baht. ( Very Nice )

They also have rooms to rent upstairs from 350 Baht ) Including FreeWiFi and Free Water.

TUCK speaks very good English and is Charming and Friendly and runs the place with her partner David.from the U.K..

They open from 11-00 a.m. till about Midnight.

Pop by and give it a try.

I will - as I spotted plenty on the menu that I would want to sample.

I'll try it out next month, Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I stayed up the road for ten night and frequented this place in the mornings for a breakfast on many occasions. Can't start the day without a good ol fashioned English Breakfast. They gave decent portions of food and it was a fair price. The service I thought was ok but will definitely pop in again on my next visit.

I stay over the road from this place and heartyly recommend the food and service. 

I tried just about everything on the Thai menu over he past few weeks and never had a disappointing meal. I will warn you about her 6 year old daughter who fronts up with a pencil and order pad. ( she doesn’t speak english so don’t expect to get what you order...better wait for mom)

The Thai dishes cost around 50 baht per meal and occasionally I ordered two as take away. I picked up a couple of cheap bowls from a “general store” in Third road  for 25 baht and took them over to get my daily feed. Great value, great tastes, great food. Makes you feel at home.

As an added bonus she is taking in washing as well and  I left Pattaya with clean, ironed clothes. They charge by the kilo but I paid around 100 baht for shorts jeans underwear and tshirts. The owner has an English BF and seems to be a good girl but she was tempting on a wet afternoon.

Give her a try...you will thank me.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 1 month later...

I had a few dinners here with the thai girlfriend as this place was just up the road from hotel. Great price 75 baht for thai fried noodles. and I did try english breakfast but I found everywhere is pretty poor nothing beats a home fry up.

Anyways this is a great place for great price will come back here next time in a few months 

20130709_184954.jpg

20130714_163241.jpg

20130714_163413.jpg

20130716_200713.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the double burger there last week. Patties are machine made with sharp edges, couldn't  tell what it was. Not much taste but the chips were good. I've had good meals there but this wasn't one of them.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Tucks is up for sale.

The sign says "for family reasons".

They didn't last long........

Tucks is up for sale.

thats a shame as i'm a fan .....but is it still open?

Tucks is up for sale.

That sign has been up for at least seven months that I know of.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

thats a shame as i'm a fan .....but is it still open?

Yes, it's still open.

Had not realized that the sign has been there so long.

Surely Tucks has not been open much more than 7 months? (See note)

Maybe they're trying to flip it for a profit.

Note: The OP is dated Jan 2013, so open around 10 months.

maybe its the original sign before friar tuck opened? ....it just hasn't been taken down

The for sale sign was put up a couple months after the place opened. I don't know the story other than that. 

I finally tried Friar Tuck's a week or so ago--got the spaghetti bolognese to go. 99 baht if you want cheese, 89 otherwise. It was a good portion and tasted good--I think. Couldn't have been great as I don't really remember that well.

Seems to me a business that could only operate with an owner/chef (couple?) who was willing to accept a very low monthly income given the low prices and small number of customers. Of course my business expertise is vast (though it exists only in my imagination).

• 2 months later...

Had a few meals there recently and everything was ok and good value.Service was ok but one waitress was very poor at times as she didn't realy understand much english.Asked for tartare sauce she took my plate away (fish and chips) and it came back with the fish recooked!There was nothing wrong with the fish!Still didn't get any tartare sauce.There was another similar incident with her another night TIT again.

Agre that the language barrier there is a big drawback.I also miss the tartar sauce and on my first visit I enquired about it......... she then brought me another bottle of water.......555555.

But the food is good and the staff is friendly there.

I dony know whether to try their 99 baht Fish and Chips as i am more than satisfied with the 149 Baht Fish and Chips at Jolly Friar.

I do a take-away as there are more chips than i can eat at one meal.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived