IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

^Err, I think the wikipedia page you reference confirms my point.  The "Canadian bacon" from the loin, also called "back bacon" on the wiki page but not ever just plain "bacon". The strips of pork belly, USA style bacon is simply called bacon.

I think it is all fine and good. I like it all and eat up without complaint. However,  I do think restaurants could use better terms to describe what they are serving so customers won't be disappointed when their order arrives.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your cultural bias is showing!

What Brits and Americans call bacon is different. There is no right or wrong here.

^ Call it the Brit version, American, Ausie...I don't care but it is not all the same cut of meat and does not need to all be called by the one simple name of "bacon". Something more descriptive can and should be used to let a customer know what they are getting. IMHO

We have had this debate more than once on this thread, maybe passport should go back and read the whole thread!...;)

We have had this debate more than once on this thread, maybe passport should go back and read the whole thread!...;)

Careful, he's warming up to start telling you to boycott English breakfasts.

Countdown Clocks

Now that's some bacon!...

attachicon.gifIMG_20160116_153519757 (1).jpg

And that's a breakfast!....

attachicon.gifIMG_20160116_155525170.jpg

But WHERE are the beans?!?

(just kidding - I have followed the thread for years now and am aware of your dislike for beans....couldn't help making the smart ass comment!  555)

Once you caused a BM to have an online meltdown, it is then best to put him on ignore!..Win Win!...;)

post-82617-0-45253900-1452930726_thumb.png

Your cultural bias is showing!

What Brits and Americans call bacon is different. There is no right or wrong here.

What Brits and Americans call cigarettes are different too. 

WHEN IN THAILAND NEVER TRUST YOUR FARTS. :68: 

IT MAY BE A SQUIRT NOT JUST A FART. :SoWhat1: 

esSY2m9.gif

My Facebook.

I like to play Jenga on the first date. So she knows my pull out game is strong  :LMFAO: 

Or go clean his teeth

image.jpg

Canadian (back) bacon really seems like the thing we call Kassler here. Us and the Germans, mind you. I guess I will have to go over to the land of maples and mounties to sample it and see if it's indeed the same thing (just sliced thinner).

What pictures !

My mouth is watering, thanks :)

I like the first pic for sure.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Benedict's

This place keeps kicking goals, Melbourne quality at Asian prices!..

post-82617-0-67824100-1453105435_thumb.jpg

Beef bacon, Pickled red onion, Hollandaise sauce and semi dried tomatoes @ $9.60, I am starting to like the beef bacon and are a sucker for pickled red onion.

post-82617-0-92070600-1453105455_thumb.jpg

Asian fused soft boiled scotch egg in chicken mince, with katsuobushi and Japanese mayo @ $4.20, I had to try one and well worth it, this place takes it to the next level!...

post-82617-0-36333200-1453105466_thumb.jpg

I just came back from Vegas, do they know breakfast there. When to Roberto's Taco shop for a breakfast burrito w/ bacon, was it huge had to be 4 eggs, all for $4. The green sauce is great. Then went to Lou's Diner on Decatur, if you are ever there you must go, Saturday at 9:15 every seat taken, Had the Curtis Haystack, they should call it the heart attack morning. Hash browns, 2 halfs biscuits, 2 strips of bacon, 2 over easy eggs all covered in breakfast gravy, only wish there were 2 full biscuits split and sausage gravy. Someone needs to go here and see how Americans do breakfast, they do it right. All I know is I feel sorry for the girl sitting next to me on the plane, All the eggs and cream from the breakfast gravy I was farting the entire flight, I farted so hard I woke myself up.

esSY2m9.gif

My Facebook.

I like to play Jenga on the first date. So she knows my pull out game is strong  :LMFAO: 

I just came back from Vegas, do they know breakfast there. When to Roberto's Taco shop for a breakfast burrito w/ bacon, was it huge had to be 4 eggs, all for $4. The green sauce is great. Then went to Lou's Diner on Decatur, if you are ever there you must go, Saturday at 9:15 every seat taken, Had the Curtis Haystack, they should call it the heart attack morning. Hash browns, 2 halfs biscuits, 2 strips of bacon, 2 over easy eggs all covered in breakfast gravy, only wish there were 2 full biscuits split and sausage gravy. Someone needs to go here and see how Americans do breakfast, they do it right. All I know is I feel sorry for the girl sitting next to me on the plane, All the eggs and cream from the breakfast gravy I was farting the entire flight, I farted so hard I woke myself up.

Pardon my ignorance but i hear the term biscuits used often when Americans describe food,but what are they exactly,biscuits to me are something i have with a cup of tea or coffee!

Pardon my ignorance but i hear the term biscuits used often when Americans describe food,but what are they exactly,biscuits to me are something i have with a cup of tea or coffee!

They are quite similar to a scone.

Just a fluffy southern style bread, buttery and crumbly, great with a sausage gravy. Once you have them you will understand. 

aGqgdhtH13c213032393836363QmKAXg8R_12881

esSY2m9.gif

My Facebook.

A whole page and not one mention, good or bad, of a place to eat breakfast in Pattaya.

There's another 99 previous pages here that do.

Think unsweetened scone and you're close-ish. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

A whole page and not one mention, good or bad, of a place to eat breakfast in Pattaya.

Quit hijacking this thread!

surprised you never went to Peppermil on the strip, the best in Vegas, huge place and always a line for a table, and worth the wait.  Huge menu, big portions, reasonable prices and the food perfect

http://www.lasvegas.com/listing/peppermill-coffee-shop/19958/

Just a fluffy southern style bread, buttery and crumbly, great with a sausage gravy. Once you have them you will understand. 

aGqgdhtH13c213032393836363QmKAXg8R_12881

pastrami on rye in jomtien has them, exactly as America if you want to try them, tasty 

Biscuts and Gravey.JPG

Archived