IGNORED

Seame Spring and Seame Too -"Warning"

Vego69

I'm a big fan of both of these hotels. Huge rooms with magnificent views over the water. Having said that there is a real noise problem at the moment. There is a construction project going on in front of Seame. The noise starts at 8.00am of a morning and goes all day. I'm in bed and it is driving me insane!

... I've not denied myself the pleasure of See Me Spring Too, even with the construction ... I've stayed twice recently, booking the non-view rooms at the rear of the hotel ... no noise at all.

... but, I recommend avoiding the rear rooms on the lower levels, as they face into a blank wall of the hotel next door only a few meters away ... no direct sunshine and a bit claustrophobic, if you spend a lot of time in the room during daytime ... the room on the 7th, or 8th, floor in which I stayed was above the "canyon" effect and no problem ... just no sea view, but I spend little time in the room during daytime.

... Vego1049, I did not do any pool time while there ... See Me Spring Too has a superb rooftop infinity pool, more of a plunge pool for lounging about and viewing the sea below ... not lap swimming ... is the construction noise noticeable from the rooftop pool?

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

... I've not denied myself the pleasure of See Me Spring Too, even with the construction ... I've stayed twice recently, booking the non-view rooms at the rear of the hotel ... no noise at all.

... but, I recommend avoiding the rear rooms on the lower levels, as they face into a blank wall of the hotel next door only a few meters away ... no direct sunshine and a bit claustrophobic, if you spend a lot of time in the room during daytime ... the room on the 7th, or 8th, floor in which I stayed was above the "canyon" effect and no problem ... just no sea view, but I spend little time in the room during daytime.

... Vego1049, I did not do any pool time while there ... See Me Spring Too has a superb rooftop infinity pool, more of a plunge pool for lounging about and viewing the sea below ... not lap swimming ... is the construction noise noticeable from the rooftop pool?

The noise is deafening at the moment. I'd suspect it would be heard everywhere. Would be particularly bad on the rooftop. They seem to be using some type of battering ram to drive steel poles into the ground. Metal on metal:(ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349245584.730545.jpg

Are they not offering discounts?

Pattaya Bay Resort has fairly major work starting soon but is offering big discounts for the duration. Thats the way they should do it. Poor if they are not.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I'm a big fan of both of these hotels. Huge rooms with magnificent views over the water. Having said that there is a real noise problem at the moment. There is a construction project going on in front of Seame. The noise starts at 8.00am of a morning and goes all day. I'm in bed and it is driving me insane!

Man, you've got it easy. They were starting the pile driving at 7am when I was there. I already posted my whinge on this at:

http://www.pattaya-a...truction-noise/

Hi,

where is the construction soi10 to Soi 11 or to soi9?

I am thinking to book something in View Talay6 (with Sea View), is it effected by this constrction? or is there anything else effecting View Talay

Hi,

where is the construction soi10 to Soi 11 or to soi9?

... between Soi 10 and Soi 11

I'm normally a patient person. But this morning I am F&@king pissed off. After a big night out all I want to do is sleep in with long time lady. No chance of that happening. Checking out later. Can't put up with it any longer!

It's 8.16 am and the pole driving has started.
i thought we were in for a lurid trip report!

555! Its coming! Check my trip report in a few hours:) Lots of pole driving going on yesterday afternoon.

I just checked out. Reception was fine with move down to Sandy Spring. Incidentally the beach road of soi10 will be plagued by noise for some time. Same owners ie Spring group are starting construction of another hotel on the vacant lot in front of Seame ie just behind current construction.

... vego1049 ... thanks to your timely post, I avoided the same fate ... here now, but dodged the Soi 10 properties, which i would otherwise favor ... my booking agent (www.thaihoteldiscounts.com) was as well aware and in front of the situation ... the guy is a freakin' hero.

... the most heavy construction noise during development, the underground work (especially pile driving), will probably be complete by end of October, or early November ... after that, the noise will probably ease to more tolerable levels for rooms on the back of the hotel ... cement trucks revving-up for their pours, hammering, chiseling, big iron smacking-up against each other as it is stored onsite, etc.

... until then, best to avoid properties within direct ear-shot of these two construction sites ... once the building is topped-off and being dried-in (windows installed), noise should be little more than hand tools (electric drills, hammers ... construction guys cat-calling the lovely young hides as they sashay by on Beach Road).

... building codes should constrain them to about 8 levels ... and then, there is mentioned above a new project adjoining this one which starts soon ... this area might be on the "to watch/avoid" list until late 2013.

Are you saying that there are two new hotels being constructed at the same time near Sea Me Spring?

Is the construction noise still loud in the non sea view rooms?

Are you saying that there are two new hotels being constructed at the same time near Sea Me Spring?

Is the construction noise still loud in the non sea view rooms?

At the moment just the one. On Beach road. But new Seamee 3 is starting soon just behind current construction.

At the moment all rooms would be noise affected. Its extreme:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good think to come out of staying there is your barfine wouldnt sleep all morning which might inable you to maybe get in another pop before she leaves.

Soi 13 is a quiet well established soi. No issues. I just booked sandy for next trip 22/12 to 1/1/13. Only downside is lack of safes in rooms except suites and renovated 6th floor

EDIT to my post:

... when I stayed at See Me Spring Too, the pile dirving had not commenced ... I then had no noise problem, staying on the backside of the hotel ... that has apparently changed with the commencement of piling ... as the OP now notes, beware.

I've got three weeks booked at seametoo on Nov 10. Anyone know if they've finished with the pile driving yet? or know when they'll finish?

I've got three weeks booked at seametoo on Nov 10. Anyone know if they've finished with the pile driving yet? or know when they'll finish?

My photo was taken this time last week. Looked like they were just starting. Might be wrong?

Maybe give them a call. They were pretty honest with me.

... the noisiest part of building construction is the foundation and underground work ... they just commenced this stage ... not knowing if they will build an underground car park, or just drive piles, you just don't know how long this phase will last.

... I'd say you are setting yourself up for problems ... you are arriving at the beginning of peak season ... if you need to change hotels, you are doing it amidst low vacancies and high rates ... especially costly if you are doing it at the last minute.

... I'd not risk my holiday ... move now ... lots of good alternatives ... your cost of failure could be quite high.

Damn...read this too late :( Booked for Dec. Hope things cool down by then because I have heard good things about the place.

Archived