IGNORED

Soi 10 hotels - more construction noise

RCR

Work has started at the Soi 10/Beach Road building site. According to signage, it's going to be the SC Palace hotel. I'm staying at Sawasdee Seaview at the moment. There's pile driver banging, metal clanging and heavy machinery noise from 7am in the morning onwards.

Guys checking in at the Sea Me Spring and Sea Me Too hotels which are closer, might want to consider asking for rooms not facing the building site.

The new Soi 10 storm drain seemed to cope with the recent heavy rains. A big puddle does form on the Soi 10/2nd Road corner where there's a dip in the road surface.

The soi is now an unofficial two way street - watch out for speeding motorcycles coming at you from the Beach Road end.

Photo is Soi 10/Beach Road corner construction site 18 Sep 2012.

SC Palace Hotel building site adjusted 2.jpg

I just finished a stay at vt6 and it was loud from there

If you want to stay in Soi 10 then try Page10 which is where I always stay. great spot, nice pool/rooms/food/gym and staff is always friendly. SeeMe hotels lack Gyms and the pool lacks atmosphere. stayed in SM before and had cut my finger and they never even had a first aid box and left me bleeding in th foyer, smiling at me!

If you want to stay in Soi 10 then try Page10 which is where I always stay. great spot, nice pool/rooms/food/gym and staff is always friendly. SeeMe hotels lack Gyms and the pool lacks atmosphere. stayed in SM before and had cut my finger and they never even had a first aid box and left me bleeding in th foyer, smiling at me!

I'm staying in soi 8, it is far and O.K. :hello09: But I know how it can be annoying when someone is noise.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thank you for the update.

The construction will be in full swing still in February?

Should Page 10 be okay then or should I just get hotel from some place else?

The report was for construction works on soi 10 at the corner of beach road.

Page10 hotel is located on the other side of the soi,near second road so I don't think you will have any noise problem ther...

Any way if you decide to stay there please let us know how was it because I have ordered same hotel

For my November vecation!

I all so put these pics in my update regarding Seamee Too, but I guess there will be a couple of months where the Soi 10/beach road will be a 'no go'.

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5811.jpg

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take for them usually to complete building one of these hotels in Pattaya?

At least 18 months until it will open regulary.

Is it any problems with noise at "The Stay Hotel"? I'm considering this hotel for next week.

Stay hotel is further up Soi 10, behind Sea Me Spring. it should be fine as far as construction noise goes.

I'm booked to stay at Sea Me Too from Oct 28 - Nov 4.

I have already changed my room from a Me Deluxe to a Me, as the rooms on the backside will be more quiet. I really like the rooftop pool so I don't want to change.

But I will appreciate any updates from anybody who stays there in the next couple weeks as I still have a couple of weeks to cancel.

I'm booked to stay at Sea Me Too from Oct 28 - Nov 4.

I have already changed my room from a Me Deluxe to a Me, as the rooms on the backside will be more quiet. I really like the rooftop pool so I don't want to change.

But I will appreciate any updates from anybody who stays there in the next couple weeks as I still have a couple of weeks to cancel.

... stayed at See Me Spring Too last week ... I like this hotel a lot ... as you, I booked a "Me" room (standard room), on the back side of the building facing away from the beach (and the construction site) ... 8th floor ... absolutely no noise or vibrations, although I did not pull any duty up on their fabulous rooftop infinity pool ... I'd not change hotels out of fear of noise.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg