IGNORED

Health Insurance In Thailand.

htrdmx

So have seriously been considering retiring outside the USA within the next ten years. I am already taking the steps to purchase a condo in Bang Saray. I was curious If you are able to purchase some sort of Thai health insurance plan. What is the cost yearly or monthly?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Thai insurance is between 10000 and 25000 Baht depending on age and history .

A good farang insurance is round U$ 700-1500 , again depending on age and medical history .

I just got myself a decent health insurance trough AA insurances in Hua hin ( they have an agent in Pattaya as wel )

from ACS a French compagny that does expat insurances .

Give this guy an email and he can tell you all the ins and outs [email protected]

http://www.thaihealth.co.th/product_simply_eng.php

i found this, but couldnt find too much info about them. looks ok and prices seem fair too.

i am very interested in this topic too. will be following with interest

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

So have seriously been considering retiring outside the USA within the next ten years. I am already taking the steps to purchase a condo in Bang Saray. I was curious If you are able to purchase some sort of Thai health insurance plan. What is the cost yearly or monthly?

pay with a citi bank etc platinuim card ,you get 1 year insurance

pay with a citi bank etc platinuim card ,you get 1 year insurance

which is only valid for a 30 day trip at a time

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

which is only valid for a 30 day trip at a time

citi bank platinuim which i just googled gives you 6 months insurance covered by zurich for a return ticket or 30 days one way,ill have to double check for my aussie commonwealth bank card platinuim card which i thought was 1 year as well,so where both wrong

cheers

I'm retired from the United States Air Force and thinkiing of retirment in Thailand. Do you know if TriCare is offered in Thailand? Possibly in Bangkok? Also is Tricare sufficient in Thailand or will i need to get additional insurance?

Not Health, but Accident Insurance from Kasikorn Bank seems good value at 2500 Baht per annum.

Cover is automatic around Pattaya on production of the card at Memorial, International or Bangkok Pattaya - no payment required.

To my surprise, it is also valid worldwide so, for example, I'm even covered in Cambodia, albeit on a claim back later basis.

It is not valid for State hospitals - if you go there you pay yourself.

Provided you get in before 64 you can renew until at least 70.

Sorry it's a little off topic, but it's worth a look if you have a Kasikorn account and, if you don't have one, perhaps worth opening one?

Not Health, but Accident Insurance from Kasikorn Bank seems good value at 2500 Baht per annum.

Cover is automatic around Pattaya on production of the card at Memorial, International or Bangkok Pattaya - no payment required.

To my surprise, it is also valid worldwide so, for example, I'm even covered in Cambodia, albeit on a claim back later basis.

Sorry it's a little off topic, but it's worth a look if you have a Kasikorn account and, if you don't have one, perhaps worth opening one?

The accepted KK hospital list is available on their website......;howevher i ask myself if in case accident and unconscious , you can not make your choice and most likely you wake up ..... (.....hopefully :GoldenSmile1: ) in a state hospital ,payed one :Think1:

As for me , i rely on my home country insurance who cover me up to 3 month's a year in country's OUTSIDE Europe Accident or sickness ( claim back basis), with the possibility for repatriation if needed ( and lucky this is a bribing country , so a docter signature ..... :wink: .)

And to be honoust , if longer than 3 months , better requesting repatriation :hello09:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The accepted KK hospital list is available on their website......;howevher i ask myself if in case accident and unconscious , you can not make your choice and most likely you wake up ..... (.....hopefully :GoldenSmile1: ) in a state hospital ,payed one :Think1:

As for me , i rely on my home country insurance who cover me up to 3 month's a year in country's OUTSIDE Europe Accident or sickness ( claim back basis), with the possibility for repatriation if needed ( and lucky this is a bribing country , so a docter signature ..... :wink: .)

And to be honoust , if longer than 3 months , better requesting repatriation :hello09:

I seriously doubt that a foreigner, carrying ID and the Kasikorn medical card, would be taken to a State Hospital.

If you have insurance from your home country which covers your time here, then I agree this is not for you, although 2500/year (AKA 50 quid, AKA one WS LT) is cheap back up and would mean you don't have to pay out here and wait until you get home to claim.

This is particularly relevant for expats who are away from their home country for too long to have valid Accident Insurance such as you might get under Travel cover.

I do appreciate that this isn't a substitute for Health Insurance, but many hope they could get home in the event of a health problem, whereas an accident such as on a motorbike could seriously stuff them.

I don't know of any other such cover I could get and the fact that it applies in Cambodia too (BUPA type hospital) is a big plus for me.

Sounds similar to the one I have Edge with Bangkok Insurance, I had to jump in before I turned 60, which was 4 years ago, costs me just under 3K THB a year and covers me up to 100,000Bt for any kind of accident, be it traffic or falling down stairs or slipping on a banana peel. If I die in accident then my missis gets 1 mill THB.

I figured if I'm going to need hospital care in Thailand the chances are very great that it'll be due to an accident. I'm not sick often and whenever I am I go to a hospital or clinic and see the doc and pay cash, which is never that much.

I seriously doubt that a foreigner, carrying ID and the Kasikorn medical card, would be taken to a State Hospital.

If you have insurance from your home country which covers your time here, then I agree this is not for you, although 2500/year (AKA 50 quid, AKA one WS LT) is cheap back up and would mean you don't have to pay out here and wait until you get home to claim.

This is particularly relevant for expats who are away from their home country for too long to have valid Accident Insurance such as you might get under Travel cover.

I do appreciate that this isn't a substitute for Health Insurance, but many hope they could get home in the event of a health problem, whereas an accident such as on a motorbike could seriously stuff them.

I don't know of any other such cover I could get and the fact that it applies in Cambodia too (BUPA type hospital) is a big plus for me.

Agreed the 2500 is worth the money especcialy for accidents no probs for paying hospit. bill

, about my home country insurrance is an addendum to the forced official one , pay ONLY 67 € a year in total for that

( i do not understand Americans opposing Obama in this same matter, thank God i born in western EU )

and i stay always 1 year at least here in Thailand, the covering is 3 months hospitalisation a year maximum and may not be a resident of the visiting country (that is why i fly every year once back , ......to feed my goldfish and watering my plants :GoldenSmile1: ...) the flight price is cheaper than the full covering medical in Thailand comparing my home country one ... that is why i keep adress in Home country

Sounds similar to the one I have Edge with Bangkok Insurance, I had to jump in before I turned 60, which was 4 years ago, costs me just under 3K THB a year and covers me up to 100,000Bt for any kind of accident, be it traffic or falling down stairs or slipping on a banana peel. If I die in accident then my missis gets 1 mill THB.

I figured if I'm going to need hospital care in Thailand the chances are very great that it'll be due to an accident. I'm not sick often and whenever I am I go to a hospital or clinic and see the doc and pay cash, which is never that much.

This one says PA Medical Card (no, not Pattaya Addicts) and is insured by Muang Thai.

Same 1 Mn for Loss of Life, Dismemberment or Total Permanent Disability.

50k/Accident for Medical Expenses.

1k/day for Hospital Costs.

It isn't the ultimate cover, but, as you say, it would cover the situations I'm most likely to get into for a very small premium.

This one says PA Medical Card (no, not Pattaya Addicts) and is insured by Muang Thai.

Same 1 Mn for Loss of Life, Dismemberment or Total Permanent Disability.

50k/Accident for Medical Expenses.

1k/day for Hospital Costs.

It isn't the ultimate cover, but, as you say, it would cover the situations I'm most likely to get into for a very small premium.

As long as we stay clear of the Bangkok chain of hospitals this cover should be adequate. I carry my Accident Insurance card in my wallet, along with my registration card for Sirikit Hospital. In Khon Kaen I also go to the Sirikit Hospital. They are very good hospitals and fairly priced.

I see health insurance is issue everywhere.

I am planning to retire and regular insurance cost in US is 1000$ a month and with prices like this its cheaper to die and health insurance never include dental or vision.

Somebody mention we, americans, against health insurance--no, we are not but we are practical and country itself in 15 trillions debt and with health care for everybody all

bums and 100 millions not paying any taxes we have to claim bankruptcy which is option.

very funny.

People in Australia have health insurance, and accident insurance, and house & contents insurance, and car insurance, and sickness insurance, and unemployment insurance. And most likely a few more insurances I can't think of right now.

People in Australia have health insurance, and accident insurance, and house & contents insurance, and car insurance, and sickness insurance, and unemployment insurance. And most likely a few more insurances I can't think of right now.

All on low costs organised by the goverment........ WAW !! :GoldenSmile1:

All on low costs organised by the goverment........ WAW !! :GoldenSmile1:

low cost my ass! my hospital cover health insurance is 2160AUD a year and thats after a 30% gov rebate!

low cost my ass! my hospital cover health insurance is 2160AUD a year and thats after a 30% gov rebate!

That is why i made the comparing in my post before that is why i fly back every year to keep covered for 3 months a year OUTSIDE Europe (Full covered inside EU ) for 67 € yearly, visit docter home Country 22€ " days later 19,50 € receive back on Bankaccount ,+ maximum invoice costs yearly hospital costs ( means : never have to pay more for whatever hospital stay / treatment than xxx sum )

that is why i keep adres EU and live here Already 4 years :hello09:

Good farang country but more expensive than SEA :GoldenSmile1:

Just reading on another site bout Levon Helm, drummer with the Band, who died a couple days ago from cancer. Said Levon's family have huge medical expenses to pay as Levon was battling cancer for several years.

So why does his family have to pay the medical bills? Can't they just say F off, after all it was Levon who ran up the bills and he's dead now.

Also it seems strange to me that Levon had huge expenses. After all the man was a very successful musician for several decades, he toured and recorded with Bob Dylan and recorded with the Band, he wrote many of their songs so would have been receiving royalties from recordings and session work. You'd think a man with Levon's kind of income could pay his medical expenses or at least pay his medical insurance.

Correct, nothing low cost about Aussie insurances. Yeah, I forgot, have to have additional fire and flood insurance too because the asshole insurance companies won't pay out on regular home & contents policies, as the good people of QLD and WA recently found out.

Just reading on another site bout Levon Helm, drummer with the Band, who died a couple days ago from cancer. Said Levon's family have huge medical expenses to pay as Levon was battling cancer for several years.

So why does his family have to pay the medical bills? Can't they just say F off, after all it was Levon who ran up the bills and he's dead now.

Also it seems strange to me that Levon had huge expenses. After all the man was a very successful musician for several decades, he toured and recorded with Bob Dylan and recorded with the Band, he wrote many of their songs so would have been receiving royalties from recordings and session work. You'd think a man with Levon's kind of income could pay his medical expenses or at least pay his medical insurance.

First of all , family has NOT to pay if not whissing to do ....; they just have to refuse the heritage ....!! OR if they signed some documents to be responsible for the bill to come :Think1:

Secondly , most social sick insurance is for workers , independant enterpreneurs are thought to be able to pay whatever :GoldenSmile1:

First of all , family has NOT to pay if not whissing to do ....; they just have to refuse the heritage ....!! OR if they signed some documents to be responsible for the bill to come :Think1:

Secondly , most social sick insurance is for workers , independant enterpreneurs are thought to be able to pay whatever :GoldenSmile1:

OK I get it, if the family said sod off then they dip out on any inheritance. On this site I looked at they were asking for donations to assist Levon's family with the huge medical bills. So I thinking isn't there royalties coming in from Levon's work? And if donations are needed ask his good mate Bob to whip up a benefit concert.

Medical Expense per accident

Wouldn't you blow through that in one or two days at one of the private hospitals, if in intensive care?

Archived