IGNORED

surf Kitchen jomtien. Not at its best

I used to rate surf kitchen top marks after i first found it 2 years ago, Even done a review on trip advisor, Now it's not at its best, Not even busy any more. I found that the portions are smaller and even the prawns are smaller. Maybe the Surf kitchen is using a new Chef these days or instead of increasing the prices, they have cut the potion size. Any tips on other restaurants in jomtien

Since the floodings last year many places have either raised prices or reduced portions.

About Surf Kitchen, i am not sure what is going on. Maybe they have a new owner or management. I used to come there maybe once a month, but haven't been there anymore since they tried to run it as a smoke free open air restaurant. I think they have turned that back, but i haven't been there since.

Yes, I can confirm that you can now smoke. Over the last 2 evenings, its been very quite than what its normally, Not even a Russian in sight LOL

I lived in Jomtien for about 7 months 2011-12. Here are a few restaurants that I found to consistently serve good quality food.

For Thai food - Eagle House Restaurant on Soi 4 off Jomtien Beach Road. Good Thai food and good portions. Best Pat Priow Wan Gai (Sweet and Sour Chicken) I have ever had!

For Burgers - 1921 Restaurant on Thap Phraya just before it turns into Jomtien Beach Road. See Pattaya Photo Guide. They serve steaks and other food also.

For Italian Food - Trattoria Italiana on the east side of Thap Phraya in the same parking lot as Foodland Supermarket. Great Italian food! Never had a bad meal or bad service there.

For Mexican Food - Sam's Mexican and American Grill on Jomtien Plaza Road. Also serves standard American dishes.

Excellent brunch buffet at Bistro Oscar in Jomtien Complex right across from the entrance to View Talay 2 Condos. I believe that their price has gone up to 199 baht but still good quality food for that price, IMO.

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

I lived in Jomtien for about 7 months 2011-12. Here are a few restaurants that I found to consistently serve good quality food.

For Thai food - Eagle Restaurant on Soi 4 off Jomtien Beach Road. Good Thai food and good portions. Best Pat Priow Wan Gai (Sweet and Sour Chicken) I have ever had!

For Burgers - 1921 Restaurant on Thap Phraya just before it turns into Jomtien Beach Road. See Pattaya Photo Guide. They serve steaks and other food also.

For Italian Food - Trattoria Italiana on the east side of Thap Phraya in the same parking lot as Foodland Supermarket. Great Italian food! Never had a bad meal or bad service there.

For Mexican Food - Sam's Mexican and American Grill on Jomtien Plaza Road. Also serves standard American dishes.

Excellent brunch buffet at Bistro Oscar in Jomtien Complex right across from the entrance to View Talay 2 Condos. I believe that their price has gone up to 199 baht but still good quality food for that price, IMO.

In Soi 4, just opposite the Eagle restaurant, there is a french/german restaurant that is also very good.

Thank you both for your tips, will try out the Eagle Restaurant for a change. :)

What are the magical properties of the potions?

Very funny!!

I think the OP missed the joke.

You perhaps should have typed potions in bold

IMO one of the best restaurants in Jomtien is The Cafe Ritz in Jomtien Complex but only open in the evenings & no Thai dishes avaiable, also Natans Bistro style restaurant next to what was Lovejoys bar serves quality meals

Tried the new Indian last night up at the end of the new bar complex at the market, The Guy was all over the place and only 5 customers to take care off. A Yorkshire Guy was singing the praises of the food, another Guy had been over charged and i thought the food was Just Ok I think only 2 people work in the restaurant.

Malct

Used that Indian restaurant last Dec.only 5 of us waited over an hour for our food was ok but nothing special

When I stayed in Jomtien last yr the Surf Kitchen used to be our regular eating place as the thai food/ sushi was excellent there and the nice home made cakes and ice cream delicious too!!

Was a pity they try to cram u on those small tables with about 1 or 2 inches next to the next table so not much chance of any privacy or private talk and the portions started to get smaller and prices had gone up too.

Pity really as was always packed out and clearly the most popular restaurant on Jomtien beach road.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I gave it a second Chance tonight, I wont be Back, a lot of customers, But its not the same. Maybe a new Cook!!!

• 4 years later...

Well looks like I am resurrecting an old thread, but it's the only dedicated one I see. Tried Surf Kitchen tonight for the first time. IMO it's decent enough moderately priced food. I would not make a special trip for it, but if I was in the area and wanted something moderately priced and decent I would try again. The house wine is Chateau de Box. Here is a pic of the Fried Pork with Basil and Chiles. Sorry about the pic quality, but the light was bad and I could not figure out how to compensate.

IMG_0166.JPG

Place is alive with rats

That is disconcerting. 

Archived