IGNORED

How to kill 6 hours in Swampy

irlguy1

Helppppppppppppppppppppp

No matter what I try for my next trip I cant get less than a 6 hour stop over in suvarnabhumi airport :(

I fly from Dublin to Abu Dhabi then on to Bangkok then Chiang Rai with Etihad.

Anyone got any other carrier suggestions or any idea how bad Swampy is for that amount of time?

On every other trip I never stayed in the airport longer than an hour and after 16 hours flying the last thing

I need is 6 hours of soul destroying time wasting in the airport with nothing to do.

If I don't fly direct I can jump an earlier flight from Bangkok but then I risk getting screwed if my first flights are delayed as it will be a separate booking for the Chiang Rai flight and I will have to offload bags rather than direct all the way.

For the pleasure of waiting in the airport its also costing me €1200 return in June fackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Any help is appreciated

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irlguy1

• redfred

• BadWingman

• somjit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not fly from Heathrow with Thai or Eva then Bangkok air Air Asia

Catch a taxi to Bangkok to nana plaza or get a nuru at a massage place. That should kill 4 or 5 hours

If I were you I would join the airport lounge in Suvarnabhumi airport. There is one with daily memberships. Never been in it as I had memberships with the normal airline lounges.

A shower, some food, drinks, internet and a snooze and you have killed a few hours.

Catch a taxi to Bangkok to nana plaza or get a nuru at a massage place. That should kill 4 or 5 hours

IMHO bit risky heading out for a few hours. Sometimes shit happens - Breakdowns, accidents etc. Up to the OP but I like being at the airport so I don't stress about something going wrong.

On direct flights I don't think I can leave the Airport :(

IMHO bit risky heading out for a few hours. Sometimes shit happens - Breakdowns, accidents etc. Up to the OP but I like being at the airport so I don't stress about something going wrong.

Same same mate :(

Would be a killer to get delayed and then have to pay again and wait for another flight.

On direct flights I don't think I can leave the Airport :(

Same same mate :(

Would be a killer to get delayed and then have to pay again and wait for another flight.

Your not on a direct flight

If I were you I would join the airport lounge in Suvarnabhumi airport. There is one with daily memberships. Never been in it as I had memberships with the normal airline lounges.

A shower, some food, drinks, internet and a snooze and you have killed a few hours.

Interesting :) I didn't know you could do that. I would be quite happy to do a daily deal and chill out in comfort. Any idea of a link to find out more. Gonna google it now and see.

Your not on a direct flight

If I go on a one booking package even with different flights does it not mean you cant leave the airport?

Any flights I have done before I never clear customs etc. because you stay in the airport and dont actually need to

fully check through?

You can leave the airport anytime you wish too as long as you go through immigration first which could take at least an hour if you are lucky, its not worth the risk......

Why not fly from Heathrow with Thai or Eva then Bangkok air Air Asia

Its a bloody Bank holiday week and cheapest flight to Heathrow is €250 :( and I still run the risk of not having a continues ticket so if I am delayed

to Heathrow I run the risk of foregoing the next flight ?

You can leave the airport anytime you wish too as long as you go through immigration first which could take at least an hour if you are lucky, its not worth the risk......

Good to know that mate always thought I had to stay inside but as you say at an hour to get through then a round trip to the city I could be in trouble.

Interesting :) I didn't know you could do that. I would be quite happy to do a daily deal and chill out in comfort. Any idea of a link to find out more. Gonna google it now and see.

I wish I could remember the name as I walked past it so many times. But always in a hurry to get to my lounge.

Not sure about the price but for time to kill and comfort needed it would be worth it. (If memory serves me right it isn't too expensive.

Immigration (1h), Airportlink to Ramkhamhaeng (1/2h), walk from train station to Klongtan junction-Phetburi Rd-pedestrian bridge over San Saeb to Nancy massage (0.25h), choose a girl and have some fun (2h), back to Airport (2h). Total cost about THB 2500.-

Its a bloody Bank holiday week and cheapest flight to Heathrow is €250 :( and I still run the risk of not having a continues ticket so if I am delayed

to Heathrow I run the risk of foregoing the next flight ?

Yeah i hear ya but i always go this route and have never known Thai to be delayed.

Immigration (1h), Airportlink to Ramkhamhaeng (1/2h), walk from train station to Klongtan junction-Phetburi Rd-pedestrian bridge over San Saeb to Nancy Massage (0.25h), choose a girl and have some fun (2h), back to Airport (2h). Total cost about THB 2500.-

Dont think my girlfriend would be too happy about that

Its her I am going over to see 555

Anyone used Louis Tavern Dayrooms?

Reading a lot of mixed reviews and they are not cheap but if its a choice of paying my national airline €250 or staying 6 hours in the hotel it might be an option.

Yeah i hear ya but i always go this route and have never known Thai to be delayed.

Its not Thai Air I would be worried about its Ryan Air or Aer Lingus 555

I wish I could remember the name as I walked past it so many times. But always in a hurry to get to my lounge.

Not sure about the price but for time to kill and comfort needed it would be worth it. (If memory serves me right it isn't too expensive.

Not sure but you might be thinking of the Louis Tavern lounges (they also have a transit hotel/ day rooms)

http://www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com/

do some research before booking, as if I recall not all of their lounges have showers or offer much more than snack food.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Not sure but you might be thinking of the Louis Tavern lounges (they also have a transit hotel/ day rooms)

http://www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com/

do some research before booking, as if I recall not all of their lounges have showers or offer much more than snack food.

555 beat you to it with my previous post. They seem like a rip off but maybe the lesser of many evils. Concourse G has ensuite but there own website doesnt give prices???

Dont think my girlfriend would be too happy about that

Its her I am going over to see 555

No need to tell her. :)

Anyone used Louis Tavern Dayrooms?

Reading a lot of mixed reviews and they are not cheap but if its a choice of paying my national airline €250 or staying 6 hours in the hotel it might be an option.

Did a quick google myself and yep seems CIP lounge isn't cheap. Pay per hour. $30?

A 6 hour wait is long enough to be annoying but not long enough to go anywhere with piece of mind.

Plan B. I would suck down a few drinks then try and have a snooze for a few hours somewhere.

A friend of mine would do long walks around the airport. A bit of exercise and killed some time. But for me would be plan B.

No need to tell her. :)

Sadly after many monger trips she has made an honest man out of me :)

Did a quick google myself and yep seems CIP lounge isn't cheap. Pay per hour. $30?

A 6 hour wait is long enough to be annoying but not long enough to go anywhere with piece of mind.

Plan B. I would suck down a few drinks then try and have a snooze for a few hours somewhere.

A friend of mine would do long walks around the airport. A bit of exercise and killed some time. But for me would be plan B.

A 6 hr wait would be ok if I wasn't coming off the back end of a 18hr flight and following up with a 2 hr drive to Phayao. I never sleep on a plane even after chemical or alcohol encouragement :(