Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ATM Skimmer Scammers Caught

Highlander

Thanks for this article Highlander - i believe they've caught a few of these north African gangs recently from looking at the Pattaya daily news etc. I had one of these Arabic blokes looking over my shoulder when i used an ATM on Soi Buckao during my last trip until i told him to fuck off quick. I've no doubt he was trying to catch a hungover westerner off guard. I'm sure his MO was to try and see the PIN your entering and then distract me nick the card and leggit tout suite (he was talking to me while i was using the ATM and had his hand next to where the card was going to come out). To try and get me talking he asked me where i was from, and said he was from Italy - I've been around the place in my time and he looked Algerian / Moroccan to me (ok given he may have been an Italian citizen).

Due to the speed of the altercation i didn't think on the spot to ring the BiB but maybe should have - even then he could have just said that he was chatting and being friendly.

It'd be interesting if any other BM has had this type of experience while using an ATM.

Thanks for this article Highlander - i believe they've caught a few of these north African gangs recently from looking at the Pattaya daily news etc. I had one of these Arabic blokes looking over my shoulder when i used an ATM on Soi Buckao during my last trip until i told him to fuck off quick. I've no doubt he was trying to catch a hungover westerner off guard. I'm sure his MO was to try and see the PIN your entering and then distract me nick the card and leggit tout suite (he was talking to me while i was using the ATM and had his hand next to where the card was going to come out). To try and get me talking he asked me where i was from, and said he was from Italy - I've been around the place in my time and he looked Algerian / Moroccan to me (ok given he may have been an Italian citizen).

Due to the speed of the altercation i didn't think on the spot to ring the BiB but maybe should have - even then he could have just said that he was chatting and being friendly.

It'd be interesting if any other BM has had this type of experience while using an ATM.

Any Bugger who encroaches into my space either here in the UK, or any other place when I am using an ATM, risks a smack in the Mouth no matter how Fecking Big they are.

My Credit Card is like a Baby and needs protecting at ALL times.

I always try whenever possible, to step into a Bank and use a Machine inside, plus you normally have a Security Guard inside for added protection

I always try whenever possible, to step into a Bank and use a Machine inside, plus you normally have a Security Guard inside for added protection

This is the best advice GM - i should have done that looking back on it. There are ATMs on every floor of the Central fest mall (just near the my hotel) which would've been a better idea than using the street ATM hungover to boot.

As for wacking him - yep again with hindsight would have been nice to have elbowed him direct on the nose - he was just behind my right shoulder, but shouting fuck off in a busy street definately had the desired effect. He was totally compromised and did indeed move away sharpish.

Any Bugger who encroaches into my space either here in the UK, or any other place when I am using an ATM, risks a smack in the Mouth no matter how Fecking Big they are.

I always try whenever possible, to step into a Bank and use a Machine inside, plus you normally have a Security Guard inside for added protection Good advice m8

approuved.jpg

Never had any money stolen from an ATM, although I have seen where criminals put a scanner where the card is placed. So you never even know that they are capturing your info, until later that day they withdrawal your money from the scan they took.

I,m the same.... I always cover the numbers with my hand and picked out 6 mumbers (Two untouched) To make em confused if there are watchers....

My mate had his card skimmed while in pattaya 3 weeks ago. They emptied his bank account had £3500 stolen. The card was been used in Poland he was telling me, the bank refunded all his money. Got to be careful using ATM machines in pattaya

• 2 months later...

Good calls here fellas, I'm a friendly fella but dont come fucking aroung trying to have a conversation with me while I'm withdrawing money and I dont knwo you. These fuckers play on your sense of civility and manners and use it to fuck you over. I'm still friendly but leave me the fuck alone at the ATM.

I bring enough cash so I don't use the ATM, I guess that would be difficult if you were there for a very prolonged period of time though.

Bugger me Ghosty, you speak fluent Australian.

My mate had his card skimmed while in pattaya 3 weeks ago. They emptied his bank account had £3500 stolen. The card was been used in Poland he was telling me, the bank refunded all his money. Got to be careful using ATM machines in pattaya

I'm a little more paranoid. My ATM card can only access a single account, and I only put money into that account just before I'm about to withdraw it. After I've done my withdrawl, there is usually less than USD 100 / THB 3000 in the account until I top it up again with my phone. I prefer not to use my credit card at all in Thailand, just have it, and another ATM card, as a backup, all with separate mostly empty attached accounts.

CREDIT CARD...........?????

what does one of those things do...??????????????

:Psycho1::EatThePoor1::Pick_Me::Flying::Weather1:

I had to get a cash advance on a credit card. It makes the fees much higher. Luckily I found my debit card in my dirty laundry.