IGNORED

Accommodation for 2 weeks? Newbie

Winthorp

Hi Guys, I am a total newbie to Patts and have already booked 4 nights in the LK Royal Suite to break the ice. I have read alot up on Patts and familiarised myself with the map and streets, WS, 2nd Rd, Beach Road, LK Metro, Soi Buakhao etc.

I was in Pattaya once previously as a bemused farang who dared not venture off Beach Road and the end of Walking Street and that Go Kart place was the limits of my known world!! I read up on this forum and have since realised I barely scratched the surface of what Pattaya is about.

So anyway I have decided to throw myself in at the deep end and arrive in Patts on Apr 7th until 25th for the Songkran insanity!! I am booked until the 11th in the LK Royal suite and have two more weeks unbooked. I booked through the forum link above to show my support!!

I am so looking forward to this trip that about two weeks after booking my airline ticket in December I had a brain wave, what a better place to be than in Patts for Christmas, so as a result I have scaled back my spending plans to try squeeze in two pattaya trips in 2012 rather than just one.... addict in development!!

I am not really too pushed about location but am just looking for advice, basically I want to try find somewhere clean and secure for less than 700-900bt a night, I have read many recommendations but am still almost as clueless as ever.

Some of the places on my radar are;

Billabong

Kilkenny bar

Rockhouse

Drunken Duck

Rosie O'Gradys

Irish Rovers

China Garden

Canterbury Tales

Plus I have read a great thread on ISG and it looks like there is loads of nice cheap places to stay but most of them have no website or photos so its a case of just rockup and pay the baht. However I am also afraid that this might fail due to it being Songkran.

I need to find somewhere for 2 weeks, although I will only book the first 5 nights incase I fall out of love with Pattaya!!

Any suggestions?

Any of those would be ok but none has a pool. And they are more guesthouse than hotel. All are joiner free. If you are coming for Songkran I would avoid Rosies though. You won't get more than 10 feet before you will be drenched.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Of the ones you have listed, China Garden has received the most rave reviews. However, it is very difficult to get a reservation there.

hi winthorp,

thats a detailed and well researched post wtg for taking the time to do so 1st as such will help as best i can;

i have never stayed over songkran personally, but all the guesthouses listed are well known here china garden constantly gets good reviews and has a jacuzzi option too !!

cantebury tales also an excellent choice owner is an avid board member and a mine of local info which it sounds like you would utilize.

i normally stay at diana oasis on the diana estate soi bukhoa

http://www.diana-oasis.com/

many threads on condos if you want to consider them such as ;

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/96089-hotel-vs-condostudioappartment-pros-and-cons/

is the most current i believe hope it helps so far.

as for rocking up and looking around, fine for low season say june onwards but songkran and xmas DEFINATELY not in my opinion.

am currently trying to book myself for xmas/new year 2012 and even i am struggling to book my exact requirements,

have just confirmed today for 9 of my days at dianaoasis, but am looking for more nights too 10 months in advance !

from one " addict in developement" to another, happy hunting and let us know how you get on/where you plump for.

ps what is ISG?

ps what is ISG? International Sex Guide. Or in Arab countries. I suck goats.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.