IGNORED

Hotel vs. Condo/Studio/Appartment, pros and cons?

rhumandcoke

Hi PA's members,

I'm sure there is already a topics that cover this, but couldn't find it.

Last December was my first time in Patts and the only problem was that it was too short in time. So I decided to come back for a full month.

I stayed at Secrets on soi14 and was very satisfied with the place, but for a longer period I might be looking for something a bit more luxurious and comfortable without breaking the bank.

Does anyone know it the Condo/Studio/Appartment would be a good alternative? Any review or suggestion on what to look for? Is the hotel a better option? I expect to spend maybe 50 000 bht to 60 000bht on accomodation, that is what it would cost me if I stay let's say at Page 10 on soi10!

Any advices would be appreciated cheers.

Take a 1bed condo mate not a studio, if your hear for any length of time, who wants to cook and sleep in the same room? Not i

Who cooks in Pattaya?

To the OP how long do you intend to stay this time?

I intend to stay for a month 30 days, either in June or September, not sure yet.

Take a 1bed condo mate not a studio, if your hear for any length of time, who wants to cook and sleep in the same room? Not i

Yeah I know what you mean, I considered that, but if the studio is well done and have a good space it should be fine, anyway I don't intend to cook reallly much.

If the Studio is an ok size it's should be fine and I don't intend to cook very much, but it's that you mentionned it, I had not tought about that.

Cheers

all pros to a studio/condo.

try Dancewatchers.com, o soleil.com or dianaoasis.com. ;latter mypersonal fave.

Condo is the best..... Saves you heaps.... Even the quality of 10,000 bt a month Condo is the same as the four star hotel, Meaning you have 40,000 bt in your pocket.....

Edited by jocky king

I still like hotels

One of my favourites is LK Royal Suite

Its in a Fab location - Soi Buakhao -2 minute walk to baht bus, 3 minutes walk to soi 7/8(central festival) ,- 5 minutes walk to LK Metro

You can get a one bedroom suite jacuzzi (80 sqm) for 57K baht per month (including breakfast)

Take a look

http://lkpattaya.com...zi&result=57000

Area 80 (sqm)

* 29 flat screen TV & DVD Player

* Private Bedroom & Living Room

* IDD Phone

* Kitchen with Utensil & Glassware

* Microwave & Kettle

* Dinning Table

* Balcony

* Personal Deposit Box

try dancewatchers.com, o soleil.com or dianaoasis.com. ;latter mypersonal fave.

Cheers those seems to be very good leads I'll defenitely follow that up!

I still like Hotels

One of my favourites is LK Royal Suite

Its in a Fab location - Soi Buakhao -2 minute walk to baht bus, 3 minutes walk to soi 7/8(central festival) ,- 5 minutes walk to Lk Metro

You can get a one bedroom suite jacuzzi (80 sqm) for 57K baht per month (including breakfast)

Take a look

http://lkpattaya.com...zi&result=57000

Area 80 (sqm)

* 29 flat screen TV & DVD Player

* Private Bedroom & Living Room

* IDD Phone

* Kitchen with Utensil & Glassware

* Microwave & Kettle

* Dinning Table

* Balcony

* Personal Deposit Box

Wow, I did mention luxury, this has it all, but the Condo option seems like a good bargain...

I intend to stay for a month 30 days, either in June or September, not sure yet.

Do yourself a favour and stay here www.dancewatchers.com alot cheaper than the 50-60000 you think you will spend.

I think the dearest condo for 1 month is 40000.

I dont stay any where else.

Good Luck

PA

Since I first rented a condo from Dancewatchers I've only used hotels for occasional, strategic ST rooms. The fact that I've continued to rent from them over the past few years just goes to show that I've always received great value & service from them. Although some posters have knocked studio rooms, I've always preferred them myself.

Just search Dancewatchers on this an the other main boards and you'll see a lot of reviews from other BMs, including myself. One tip is that I think View Talay 6 has the best central location in town.

Other general tip is to try renting a condo only from someone that other BMs have posted reviews on this or other Pattaya boards. There are always scams (such as a guy renting a condo over eBay and arriving only to find it was a scam), and some people have reported issues of getting deposits back from more shady operations.

Edited by SmellyFarang

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

try dancewatchers.com, o soleil.com or dianaoasis.com. ;latter mypersonal fave.

Mate just looked at Dancewatchers it is exactly what I'm looking for, look likes I have to book fast, a lot of months are already full!

Ever heard of bigmanproperties.com? A guy named Dave message me saying he was an agent for this company. I'm going to look for some review on all those places.

no not heard of them.

as posted above gotta be alert sometimes .

the reason Dancewatchers and dianaoasis are booked up is because they are good.

Dancewatchers reccommended by many on here, i not used them yet but did view some of their properties whilst i was there for future.view talay 6 VT6 perfect for example.

i stayed at dianaoasis for 4 months as i had no reason to move cheap as chips too at 15k pcm.

Hello rhumandcoke, Dancewatchers is the way to go check out there website for VT6 page 2. Condo 26/1004 is available for June and 26/1006 is available for both June and September check it out. 26th floor unbelievable view of the ocean and towards Walking Street. Michael and Tik are there to take care of all your needs with there great service. Beachroadlover

Hello rhumandcoke, Dancewatchers is the way to go check out there website for VT6 page 2. Condo 26/1004 is available for June and 26/1006 is available for both June and September check it out. 26th floor unbelievable view of the ocean and towards walking street. Michael and Tik are there to take care of all your needs with there great service. Beachroadlover

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look, I think my lunch hour will be very busy at looking at Dancewatchers and plane tickets. Better make mind quickly on June or September!

I've sent email to both Dancewatchers and dianaoasis with 2 sets of dates, let's see what is going to come out of it, i've also started to look for plave tickets, I'm already excited for goint back to Pattaya.

Cheers for all the infos guys, really appreciated!

Hello rhumandcoke, Just curious, how did you make out with your choices of Dancewatchers or Diana oasis? I would like to hear who you chose and why. I love VT6 for the location and view and its next door to Central Festival Mall wich is very convenient. It also allows acess to either beachroad or second road for baht buses either north or south wich is great. I have heard good things about diana oasis but have no personal experiance there so cannot comment on that. Beachroadlover

i booked a month at View Talay 6 last August in a studio facing beach road. I wouldn't stay there again vs a hotel. The rooms and building are a two star at best compared to a hotel. There is a pool but it is dead and you even have to pay for a beach chair and obviously no beach bar. And I really missed having my room cleaned and new linen and towels every day. I had it done twice a week and could have paid daily but the price would have really added up. I didn't use the kitchen at all like I thought I would so I also realised a kitchen isn't required for me.

Next time I will probably stay at a hotel like Flipper House or LK Metropole where the price was comparable and included all the extra amenities that isn't included with a condo such as breakfast, daily maid service, and a hotel feel when on holiday.

If you want to go on holiday but feel like you are living in an apartment, go for a condo. But it wasn't for me.

If you are staying more than 7 days, you will ALWAYS get some sort of discount and if you plan to stay a month in a hotel, you should expect to get a HUGE discount.

Thailand is a country where you most certainly should be negotiating your own prices.

As an example, Dream hotel in BKK is very well known, swanky hotel. I can tell you for a fact that if you are staying 1 month, you can pay 1200/night including their huge breakfast. Not bad for 4 stars. This should give you a baseline. Pattaya should be much cheaper unless you stay right in the center of Walking Street or something.

a quick search on tripadvisor places diana oasis 4th out of 300 pattaya hotels.

speciality lodging pattaya brings up other options like August Suites and what looks like a view talay jomtiem.

huge amount of choices for all budgets.

Hello rhumandcoke, Just curious, how did you make out with your choices of Dancewatchers or Diana oasis? I would like to hear who you chose and why. I love VT6 for the location and view and its next door to Central Festival Mall wich is very convenient. It also allows acess to either beachroad or second road for baht buses either north or south wich is great. I have heard good things about diana oasis but have no personal experiance there so cannot comment on that. Beachroadlover

I chose Dancewatchers for all the reasons you have mentionned, however, I booked my first few nights at Secrets on soi14 where I stayed last December, just because I like the atmosphere there.

For the room I enquired about at dance watcher for a 2 weeks period the room was coming at 25 000bht including 2 cleaning services.

I'm still shopping around, but at least my first few nights are booked!

Cheers.

Hello Rhumandcoke, Well good luck with your search anyhow. There is something in pattaya for everyone as far as price. Everyone has a different budget to contend with so you have to do what you think is the best deal for your money. Take care, Beachroadlover