IGNORED

VPN

Jai Yen

Ideally looking for a VPN service that will have servers in the UK so I can watch British TV again. Have tried a lot of the free services that are on offer but they seem to be pretty useless so i'm opting for a paid version.

So far i've heard good reviews about strongvpn and overplay which will allow me access to both UK and US. Does anybody use these or would you recommend another choice?

Thanks

I use VPN Gates from the Middle East, they have servers in the UK.

US $120 per year subscription, easy to install and reliable.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

Hi, Im using strong VPN more than one year now, excellent support and good value as well. Servers all around the world, and you get 9 switches for free/month. Have a look for special offers on their website.

Thanks that's one that was recommended on another forum i'm a member of but didn't see any reviews, cheers.

• 5 months later...

Thanks that's one that was recommended on another forum i'm a member of but didn't see any reviews, cheers.

Not sure if you are still looking but I use MPN..... My Private Network.

Has both uk and us servers... For 5 Pounds for UK only or I think 9 Pounds for both per month.

If you are an iPhone or iPad user I highly recommend vpnexpress. Been using it for a while now in china, it works like a charm.

Can buy Time or data based packages and get UK and USA Logins.

I believe there's a free trial too.

If you're after British tv and are savvy enough to know how to use torrents I have a thread open offering invites to a British tv torrent site :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for all the recommendations. In the end I opted for strongvpn which has so far been working pretty well.

Going to have a rethink on MPN and take at look at Strongvpn and VPNexpress.

I need to use on Mac - iPad - PC and androids ...

Frobitt - how you finding Tapatalk HD...... Just about to download.

Cheers

It's good, especially for uploading pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

If you are an iPhone or iPad user I highly recommend vpnexpress. Been using it for a while now in china, it works like a charm.

Can buy Time or data based packages and get UK and USA Logins.

I believe there's a free trial too.

If you're after British tv and are savvy enough to know how to use torrents I have a thread open offering invites to a British tv torrent site :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where's the thread? I'm interested in learning more, specifically to learn and see if I can adapt to pick up US programming. Missing American Football.

Using proXPN Premium for the last 4 months.

It's not a bad service at US$10/mo and installation is easy enough. Throughput is about as expected via a VPN service.

My throughput to/from an Los Angeles server:

Without proXPN connected:

Download Speed: 19926 kbps (2490.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 16537 kbps (2067.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

With proXPN connected:

Download Speed: 9257 kbps (1157.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 6899 kbps (862.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Only one minor gripe: I've noticed that their servers here in the US occasionally become unresponsive and I have to either reconnect or switch server locations.

They've a got a server in the UK, 5 in the US and a couple of others in the Netherlands and Singapore.

Overall, I would recommend them.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Where's the thread? I'm interested in learning more, specifically to learn and see if I can adapt to pick up US programming. Missing American Football.

Thanks to all those who provided leads. I now have some sites to look into

• 1 month later...

I'm using vpntunnel.se ,  they have a lot of server in different country, the price is around 5$ by month.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Anchorfree VPN for about 4 years free of charge..........

Quick enough normally to watch live Tv from the Uk or watch Youtube ITV Players etc without Buffering........

• 2 weeks later...

Using proXPN Premium for the last 4 months.

It's not a bad service at US$10/mo and installation is easy enough. Throughput is about as expected via a VPN service.

My throughput to/from an Los Angeles server:

Without proXPN connected:

Download Speed: 19926 kbps (2490.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 16537 kbps (2067.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

With proXPN connected:

Download Speed: 9257 kbps (1157.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 6899 kbps (862.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Only one minor gripe: I've noticed that their servers here in the US occasionally become unresponsive and I have to either reconnect or switch server locations.

They've a got a server in the UK, 5 in the US and a couple of others in the Netherlands and Singapore.

Overall, I would recommend them.

what ISP service do you have in thailand that gives you 20mb down and 16mb up? and how much does that cost?

Or maybe you were testing from the US to the US?

what ISP service do you have in thailand that gives you 20mb down and 16mb up? and how much does that cost?

Or maybe you were testing from the US to the US?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am testing within the US.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

• 1 month later...

If anyone fancies trying ProXPN on a Premium Account here is a discount code which will save you 20%,

ian187

Please also remember that you get a 7 day risk free money back guarantee, so if you decide ProXPN isn't for you, cancel within the 7 days and you will get a refund,

Cheers,

Tech Supp.

Ideally looking for a VPN service that will have servers in the UK so I can watch British TV again. Have tried a lot of the free services that are on offer but they seem to be pretty useless so i'm opting for a paid version.

So far i've heard good reviews about strongvpn and overplay which will allow me access to both UK and US. Does anybody use these or would you recommend another choice?

Thanks

I just signed-up to TunnelBear - Got unlimited bandwidth to the US and UK for $50 a year for a Mac or PC, and 2 additional mobile devices (my iphone and iPad - can watch iPlayer without a dropout). It's fast and secure - 128kbit encrypted, usable everywhere worldwide except for China. 

If you're on iOS, there's a app called FilmOn.TV Live which lets you stream all English channels - All BBCs, ITVs, More4, Channel 4 & 5, 5USA and even Dave, plus a bunch of italian, french and other channels. I stream them over my iPad to the AppleTV and it's like having cable without the extra costs.  

My account with strongvpn has just finished.  I didn't have any problems with them and their customer service was pretty good.  Only one irritation was that to begin with I found switching servers quite tricky.

I'm moving back to the UK soon, well after a trip to LOS ;) but will be looking to set up a new account with someone once I return, lots of good suggestions on here to look into, thanks all for your contributions.

You could always try Chrome with Hola Unblocker.  It's supposed to remove the region locks for the BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc.  I've poked around a bit on the BBC site with it, but nothing too terribly extensive.

http://hola.org/unblocker.html

Can somebody currently in parts check to see if you can access the music on soundcloud.com?

Can somebody currently in parts check to see if you can access the music on soundcloud.com?

I just tried it, working fine for the track on the home page, with no VPN on

Archived