IGNORED

Siam Bayview Hotel--Worst hotel

dragon1973

This sort of thing happened to me in reverse back in January 2010 when staying at the Siam Bayshore (south end of Walking Street). I booked my room through expedia and made sure that I listed "2" guests. My check-in paperwork even detailed it. When I showed up at the hotel late one night with a guest I was told I would have to pay 1k baht as there would then be "3" people in my room. I told the front desk that I booked the room for TWO PEOPLE - me and her. The guy looked a bit confused but relented on trying to make me cough up 1k baht - maybe he was looking for some tea money.

As whitespider indicated above - get in touch with the booking site you use whenever you have problems with a hotel you are staying at if management (or in the OP's case "mis-management") isn't being cooperative. Since they advertise their hotels on the site and send them many customers they will try and avoid conflict and will resolve things quickly - otherwise the booking site will drop them and they'll lose far more business than just yours in the future.

Cheers...

Seems like every trick in the book has been thrown out there to scam you boys.

One thing i have learned after many years of travelling,especially Pattaya,is book for only one night.I have never slept on the concrete yet.Booking a room for 2-3 weeks is madness.This may be a bit difficult in peak season,but the advantages out-weigh the disadvantages.What if: next door decides to drill and hammer all day and night?they don't care,they have your money, a refund?sir,let me see???Never will they pull this shit on this wiley old dog.I vote with my feet,and my wallet goes with me.

Siam Bayview? wont be staying there,along with a few more places that have been mentioned on this website.

This sort of thing happened to me in reverse back in January 2010 when staying at the Siam Bayshore (south end of Walking Street). I booked my room through expedia and made sure that I listed "2" guests. My check-in paperwork even detailed it. When I showed up at the hotel late one night with a guest I was told I would have to pay 1k baht as there would then be "3" people in my room. I told the front desk that I booked the room for TWO PEOPLE - me and her. The guy looked a bit confused but relented on trying to make me cough up 1k baht - maybe he was looking for some tea money.

As whitespider indicated above - get in touch with the booking site you use whenever you have problems with a hotel you are staying at if management (or in the OP's case "mis-management") isn't being cooperative. Since they advertise their hotels on the site and send them many customers they will try and avoid conflict and will resolve things quickly - otherwise the booking site will drop them and they'll lose far more business than just yours in the future.

Cheers...

Well, I send them e-mail to Agoda few days ago and no respnse. I think it would be easier to avoid bayview in whatever forms in the future. They are unprofessional greedy a$$ holes.

I also have a hard time communicating in English as they are stupid. They know few greeting words in English and that is all. They keep repeating with phrases, "me no understand, sorry sir, pay 1000 baht now." I asked them repeatedly where is hotel policy that states that there is 1000 baht per guest and Agoda policy staying that I have to listen to them with my signature on the form.

As crazy it sounds it was easier to pay few hundred dollars to shut them up and enjoy my time in Pattaya.

Also thank you others for the advice. I will strongly consider booking several different hotels!

I booked a deluxe room at the Siam Bayview a couple of years ago but switched to the LK Metropole a couple of weeks before flying out, just from the PA reports about potential joiner fees - Agoda hit me for 15 USD to change but i know the LK hotels are guest friendly.

If you're looking for a guest friendly 4* hotel around the 2k + bt a night price range then consider the LK group hotels.

Well, I send them e-mail to agoda few days ago and no respnse. I think it would be easier to avoid bayview in whatever forms in the future. They are unprofessional greedy a$$ holes.

I also have a hard time communicating in English as they are stupid. They know few greeting words in English and that is all. They keep repeating with phrases, "me no understand, sorry sir, pay 1000 baht now." I asked them repeatedly where is hotel policy that states that there is 1000 baht per guest and Agoda policy staying that I have to listen to them with my signature on the form.

As crazy it sounds it was easier to pay few hundred dollars to shut them up and enjoy my time in Pattaya.

Also thank you others for the advice. I will strongly consider booking several different hotels!

I agree with you re the hotel - but its too convenient to blame Agoda. They cannot have someone sitting in every hotel 24/7 and can only react if notified.

I have reported the issue to them and they are looking into it. I have also asked them why they did not respond to you also. Finally I have asked for clarification of their "max two persons" policy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...