IGNORED

Siam Bayview Hotel--Worst hotel

dragon1973

I am currently staying siam bayview hotel and I want to give insights that this hotel is by far worst hotel in my life (I am 38 years old btw).

The people who work in this hotel are lying, greedy, incompetent, most unprofessional group of people I've encountered. I usually do not complain (shit happens I know) and rarely do I post experiences on-line...but I will post the reviews here so people don't make mistake like me.

I booked this hotel thru Agoda about a month before my arrival for 10 nights. And 4 nights at presidential Palace hotel in bangkok. When I booked this trip just like previous times I entered one adult for stay as I am only one staying in the hotel.

After booking I remember reading in this forum that people saying there is joiner fee of 500 bahts, so I was not happy after making reservation. However there were other websites stating that Bayview hotel is girl friendly hotel and this hotel has a link in this forum so I assumed that hotel is NOT THAT BAD for mongers like us.

On first night I brough a girl for ST session (<1hr) and assistant manager asked for 1000 bahts for extra guest. I did not want to create scene there so I paid it. Then I went out again that same night to bring another girl for LT and different work employee wanted another 1000 baht as this girl is different guest during that night. I talked to that indian looking assistant manager and he states, "you bring three girls...3000 bahts......you know about this fee." I carefully looked at Agoda reservation paper I signed (that assistant manager showed me the paper) and there was no statement stating about this fee. It is apparent that this assistant manager lacks basic enlish skill and it was like arguing with a 5 year old kid on quantum physics. According to this Einstein... I should have obtained a room with two beds (two twin size bed) to avoid this fee. What the hell is this? Why should I get a two twin size bed so that I pay the girl to sleep in the separate bed? LOL

Next morning I thught about this as my deluxe room could easily accomodate two adults with this large bed. I found another employee and asked him to enter two adults for my stay at deluxe room. I paid 1000 bahts for each night and it came out as 9000 bahts.

Later that night I brought a girl for LT and differnt employee asked for 1000 bahts. Your room states one adult. This is so embarrassing arguing in front of a girl with incompetent employee who don't speak english well. Next morning I talked to another employee about incident last night and I told him to update number of adults from one to two. He looked at me like a deer looking at bright light. LOL.

I told that assisatnt manager that I will never stay in this hotel. He replied.."that's okay sir."

There are other issues I encountered with his hotel such as slow, small elevator, small, unclean, broken bathroom.

My basic arguement is if you are bring a girl for a short session how could hotel count as another adult? It is not like she is staying more than 1 hour? How is this different from my friend visiting during night to watch television in the room for one hour? If this stupid same argument applies if I bring a five guys to watch television in the room I pay 5000 bahts? I stayed many hotel in my lifetime and I never encountered a hotel who is so hostile againt another guest. hotel is 4 stars? 2 stars hotel with big fat zero star for mongering!!

Edited by dragon1973

When I booked this trip just like previous times I entered one adult for stay as I am only one staying in the hotel.

Without trying to sound unsympathetic, this whole drama could have been avoided if you had made the booking for 2 people. Contrary to what you say, you are not the only one staying in the room each night

Regardless if you are the only one staying or not, you should always book for 2 people. If nothing else, it almost ensure you aren't stuck with the smallest room in the hotel

If nothing else, let this be a lesson to ALL other mongers to make sure you book for 2 (If breakfast is included then your BF can eat too)

As I said in your other thread you seem to be confusing double ROOM with double OCCUPANCY.

Room "size" is irrelevant - if you book for one person you book for one person. If you book for two you should get two.

I have never stayed there so cannot comment personally but do wonder why you didnt book for two in the first place. Its usually the same cost.

It is one of the most popular hotels with BMs so we can see what others say.

BTW - as said in your other thread, I have sent a query to Agoda about this as they are unlikely to be aware unless someone actually reports it. Did you contact them also?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Definitely a rookie mistake. You read the instructions on the board and did not pay attention.

If you want to do nothing but shag ST all day, book the Queen Victoria or the SpamWord next trip. Double occupancy this time. There are loads of guesthouses that do not have reception to apply the rules as well.

My understanding is that the Siam Bayview is starting to move more toward family tour groups and may not be as sympathetic to 24/7 mongers as they once were. There are a lot of room bookings available year round in catering to groups from Korea and India.

The OP is simply warning the rest of us to what happens at this hotel, and I thank him for that. As I will be travelling alone this trip, I am glad for the warning.

Why, when someone tries to highlight an issue, do others jump on him. It's nice to be nice. Thanks Dragon.

Goanna.

The OP is simply warning the rest of us to what happens at this hotel, and I thank him for that. As I will be travelling alone this trip, I am glad for the warning.

Why, when someone tries to highlight an issue, do others jump on him. It's nice to be nice. Thanks Dragon.

Goanna.

Personally I am trying to get to the bottom of it so we can report to Agoda. We take these things very seriously but have to have full details for the report. If the hotel is in breach of its agreement they will want to know. Historically they have taken our "concerns" seriously, in most cases. However if single occupancy was booked that would probably be the end of the matter unfortunately..

Likewise we have to take the other side of the coin into consideration. If the OP DID make a mistake with his booking (I am not saying he did, hence the questions) then it would be unfair to post damaging reports about a business which is why we try to get to the bottom of things. It could be that there IS a problem with this hotel and we would then do everything we can to sort it out - we have a degree of "clout" as you can imagine. I do say tho that this hotel is one of the top 10 booked by P-A members and the first time such matters have been raised.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thanks. There is a large book in the hotel with names of people who are paying this fee of 1000 bahts. I always booked for 1 adult during my six trips in numerous hotels around bangkok and pattaya. I never encountered until this until now. Damn. This hotel probably paying for its construction by charging joiner fee.

Definitely a rookie mistake. You read the instructions on the board and did not pay attention.

If you want to do nothing but shag ST all day, book the Queen Victoria or the SpamWord next trip. Double occupancy this time. There are loads of guesthouses that do not have reception to apply the rules as well.

My understanding is that the Siam Bayview is starting to move more toward family tour groups and may not be as sympathetic to 24/7 mongers as they once were. There are a lot of room bookings available year round in catering to groups from Korea and India.

i am too old for st all day. These days i have been bringing one st or lt. Even girls warn about 1000 bahts and they dont like it too. Lol. I will book for two adults next time due to bitter and bad experience. This deluxe room is big enough for two adults and child. I think siam bayview is making profits from unsuspecting customers. I mean simple adjustment in number should be sufficient,but 1000 baht for each girl per night. There is nothing stated in Agoda or Their hotel policy that they can do this. But they are doing it and i think that is wrong thats all

I hope people understand that lots of people are paying 1000 bahts. I have seen the big green book with names of people who paid this fee. I think that is wrong. Also Agoda needs to inform about this particular hotel charge.

I think you are been targetted because of your nationality..

A mate of mine has stayed here for 3 years, he has never paid a joiner fee

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I think you are been targetted because of your nationality..

A mate of mine has stayed here for 3 years, he has never paid a joiner fee

lol maybe they found out i am a korean doctor too and i can afford this. Lol

sorry to say but i agree with others that you simply made 2 rookie mistakes in booking singly and paying up the 1000 baht without more of a fight.

TiT This is Thailand stuff happens to all of us vote with your feet and your wallet in future.

you can book any b+b for 500 baht and stuff the joiner fee on principle i had to do this in Phuket once too at probably the scammiest hotel in thailand the horizon patpong beach.

as for the possible profiling re your nationality, i really dont want go there as its so disgusting in asia especially regarding fellow asians, never mind the farangs!!

live and learn sir,99% of pattaya is way better than the rest of the world.

Hi theer I reported and put feedback on Agoda saying just how awful the hotel was aswell.

I have been to Pattaya 7 times and never had a problem with hotels and normally book them when I get over there but this time stupidly I decided to do it all my end in the U.k so when out in paradise I only had to worry about spending money.

I originally booked in the Sunshine hotel and residences in Soi 8 but due to ongoing building work it had its pool closed, I was informed on this and decided to change hotels and quickly opted for the Siam bayview hotel, paid onlione and got all confirmations emailed to me.

Travelled to Pattaya on departure day and arrived at the hotel where my fun began.

I went to the reservations desk and told them I had a room booked for 3 weeks and gave them my name and passport to which they replied I had no reservation, I know I did as i had recieved the confirmation and the money had been taken so I polietly asked them to check again but got the same response. After around 1 day awake with travelling, sweating up as I was wearing jeans and t-shirt as I had travelled from England and all our delightful heat.

I was advised to find another hotel as they were also fully booked.

Now this part is probably partly my fault but also down to the crap attitude of the staff but I had picked up the wrong confirmation print out from home for the Sunshine apartments so I decided to phone home and see if someone could go to my place and get the correct details and see if there was any sort of reference number on it. Luckiliy someone did this for me and it just took an hour of sitting in a bar stressing out big time.

I returned to the reservation desk and gave them my reference number when suprisingly ' oh yes Mr c******** you booked for 3 weeks deluxe room '. Yes I replied thats what I said and the name I gave you along with the website I booked it from, knowing this is all you need to confirm a booking but was stressed to not argue and was told where my room was, no person taking my bad just a key thrown on the desk and told what room.

I got to the room to find 2 single beds not like I booked or like the pictures on the website so rang reception to ask about it but was told no rooms free and could change when one becomes free.

All in all crap unhelpful staff probably trying to resell my room, old and in need of updating rooms, given a twin room instead of deluxe double as booked and paid for.

Very poor hotel and not cheap.

#1 - I booked this hotel [...] for 10 nights.

#2 - I entered one adult for stay

#3 - assistant manager asked for 1000 bahts for extra guest. I did not want to create scene there so I paid it.

#1 - Book 2 night max, whenever you come, whereever you book. If anything goes wrong, move on.

#2 - Always book for 2 people

#3 - Who could blame them to ask for extra money if you give it so easily.

Was it your first time in Pattaya?

These kinds of problems could easily be avoided if potential hotel guests would simply ask if there is a joiner fee policy. I am astonished at the number of OPs who are always complaining about this problem.

I've booked many hotels through Agoda & it always comes up for 2 Adults (not one) before i click to make the transaction.

That's weird...

Stayed there on my first trip to Patts... Needless to say, it was my last stay there... One unruly friend of mine threw the security guy into the garden for asking his Philippine wife to hand in her ID card and pay 1000 Baht.

Siam Bayview is NOT listed here:

http://www.wgfriendl...nd&city=Pattaya

why do you book non-girlfriendly crap hotels when someone did the homework for you?

Point taken. However there are numberous websites that list as siam bayview as one of girl friendly hotel. You will see that Siam Bayview is listed as one of girl friendly hotel in this particular website. I even read from Agoda review site that there was no joiner fee.

http://www.guestfriendlyhotelspattaya.com/

However my point is a principle that this hotel is charging 1000 bahts to any visiting guests and is most guest unfriendly (even insulting one of guest's wife to produce I.D. with 1000 bahts) LOL.

I also think that if I should have listed 2 adults to have guests over they could have point this out in a constructive way than assessing this unreasonable fee. I have been to Thailand about 6 times (bangkok and pattaya) and never had an issue bringing a girl into my room. Perhaps because my room is usually big to accomodate max of two adults. I don't know. Maybe I got lucky. But I sense something "just not right" feeling about this hotel--Siam Bayview hotel.

I am glad that most of you guys are smart to not make mistake I did. My intention is prevent one mistake committed by another member and If I did that I am glad I wrote this.

Agoda and this hotel need to place this 1000 baht charge in more visible way if they do not have anything to hide. I highly doubt that they will become more honest about their policy as they are making money as names in that green book become larger and larger.

I am glad that most of you guys are smart to not make mistake I did. My intention is prevent one mistake committed by another member and If I did that I am glad I wrote this.

Agoda and this hotel need to place this 1000 baht charge in more visible way if they do not have anything to hide. I highly doubt that they will become more honest about their policy as they are making money as names in that green book become larger and larger.

Did you write a review on Agoda ? When I book a new hotel (for one night maximum) through this site, I alay read the customers reviews.

Point taken. However there are numberous websites that list as siam bayview as one of girl friendly hotel. You will see that Siam Bayview is listed as one of girl friendly hotel in this particular website. I even read from agoda review site that there was no joiner fee.

http://www.guestfrie...elspattaya.com/

However my point is a principle that this hotel is charging 1000 bahts to any visiting guests and is most guest unfriendly (even insulting one of guest's wife to produce I.D. with 1000 bahts) LOL.

I also think that if I should have listed 2 adults to have guests over they could have point this out in a constructive way than assessing this unreasonable fee. I have been to Thailand about 6 times (bangkok and pattaya) and never had an issue bringing a girl into my room. Perhaps because my room is usually big to accomodate max of two adults. I don't know. Maybe I got lucky. But I sense something "just not right" feeling about this hotel--Siam Bayview Hotel.

My experience with hotels is the following:

- many hotels are not keen on advertizing a joiner fee, it is like saying "we want to be a classy hotel and discourage to take prostitutes to the rooms, but if you pay 1000 baht it's ok"

- 1000 baht joiner fee might seem girl unfriendly in Thailand, but in other countries, you would be very happy if your hotel let you take girls to the room for 1000 baht (UAE, Vietnam... ?)

- on Agoda, reviews that are too negative will get deleted, especially if they touch the subject of prostitution

- 99% of hotels charge the same rate for 1 or 2 persons in the room. Always book for 2 persons. I make this recommendation on my site also

Edited by manarak

- 99% of hotels charge the same rate for 1 or 2 persons in the room. Always book for 2 persons. I make this recommendation on my site also

Let think about booking 2 persons concept. If you book (register) for two people don't you think hotel has a right to ask you where is another person or information about this second adult during check-in? You then proceed to cough little and this second adult is not here with you right now and may appear during the night. Then hotel may have issue about you bringing different person (your second adult) each night and hotel may assess a charge on this. (*For example Siam Bayview asks me to pay another 1000 bahts in the same night when I try to bring second girl in after already paying for 1000 baht for the first girl just several hours ago*)

Let just say hotel is okay about having different girl (second adult) each night as you so called "register" for second adult and hotel is willing to deal with different second adult person walking into the hotel with you as the implication is that the registration of so called second adult is "transferrable". Then can I allow my friend use my room when I decide to go somewhere else and have my friend bring a girl into my room during my absence?? Perhaps NOT.

I made reservation for deluxe room (max for 2 adults) in siambay view hotel and "registering" for 2 adults is incorrect when:

1. I am traveling and checking by myself

2. I don't have information on second person

Registration is minomer in this case.

Let think about booking 2 persons concept. If you book (register) for two people don't you think hotel has a right to ask you where is another person or information about this second adult during check-in? You then proceed to cough little and this second adult is not here with you right now and may appear during the night. Then hotel may have issue about you bringing different person (your second adult) each night and hotel may assess a charge on this. (*For example Siam Bayview asks me to pay another 1000 bahts in the same night when I try to bring second girl in after already paying for 1000 baht for the first girl just several hours ago*)

Let just say hotel is okay about having different girl (second adult) each night as you so called "register" for second adult and hotel is willing to deal with different second adult person walking into the hotel with you as the implication is that the registration of so called second adult is "transferrable". Then can I allow my friend use my room when I decide to go somewhere else and have my friend bring a girl into my room during my absence?? Perhaps NOT.

I made reservation for deluxe room (max for 2 adults) in siambay view hotel and "registering" for 2 adults is incorrect when:

1. I am traveling and checking by myself

2. I don't have information on second person

Registration is minomer in this case.

On my bookings when I have had to give infomation regarding the 2nd guest I have just put down " Unknown " and never given it a 2nd thought nor been questioned about it and as lets say Im staying for 14 individual nights I dont see why it would have to be the same person staying every night this being the case the hotel can just take the details of my guest as she arrives ie. of her I D card ....and when she signs out in the morning the room is booked still for 2, myself and a guest and we do it all again the next night....so the hotel still takes the details of my guest but not until I decide who it is ...I think thats how it works and the hotel forfills any legal obligations it may have.....as you have not checked out if you were to leave the girl in the room by herself and she were to invite a friend around that would mean a 3rd person in the room which may be a problem as some guys have found out when having a room booked for 2 and then bringing a 2nd girl back and finding the hotel asking for 500 baht extra which I think may have been the case with the LK Metro

Edited by crossfield

On my bookings when I have had to give infomation regarding the 2nd guest I have just put down " Unknown " and never given it a 2nd thought nor been questioned about it and as lets say Im staying for 14 individual nights I dont see why it would have to be the same person staying every night this being the case the hotel can just take the details of my guest as she arrives ie. of her I D card ....and when she signs out in the morning the room is booked still for 2, myself and a guest and we do it all again the next night....so the hotel still takes the details of my guest but not until I decide who it is ...I think thats how it works and the hotel forfills any legal obligations it may have.....as you have not checked out if you were to leave the girl in the room by herself and she were to invite a friend around that would mean a 3rd person in the room which may be a problem as some guys have found out when having a room booked for 2 and then bringing a 2nd girl back and finding the hotel asking for 500 baht extra which I think may have been the case with the LK Metro

Thanks. It can get quite complicated. Mean time the bottom line is book for two adults and hope for the best. I am suprised that some hotels are not so accomodating and I guess as long as they can make BAHTS then anything goes.