IGNORED

Queen Vic - Soi 6 - Good place to stay or not?

danmac9

The other good thing about QV, apart of decent rooms, that it is very secure. Never heard of any theft in the place.

The only way to penetrate hotel after midnight, is to pass by security guy, who sits at the table on a landing in the middle of a stairs, and he is always there.

Also, there are many CCTV cams all over the place.

In-room safebox looks quite reliable.

good shout mate, i had money taken from green park hotel when i stopped there last.

have stayed at the vic 8 times now soon to be 9 next week love it vic is a real nice guy and is there every day if you have any problems food is good staff are the tops not p4p rooms clean and gard at back door at night to cheek id of girls or LB if thats your thing no joiners fee

must be worthwhile if you have been back there 8/9 times, il get booking now after the good response. cheers mike

For the price, the Queen Vic is great. The rooms are clean, and the maids don't steal. If you like British food, the restaurant is great.

There is a bit of a noise problem, even with rooms at the back of the hotel (some sort of motorcycle taxi stand behind the hotel had a group of locals loud and active well past 2am most nights....). This was 2011, so maybe they got moved/evicted since then...

• 4 weeks later...

This is the hotel I am more than likely staying at for my august trip. Hot tubs in the room? Is that true?

• 3 weeks later...

This is the hotel I am more than likely staying at for my august trip. Hot tubs in the room? Is that true?

I believe the only room with a hot tub is the penthouse room.  I'm staying there for Songkran and can't wait. I've got a deluxe room overlooking the Dirty Half Dozen. 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the only room with a hot tub is the SPAM WORD room.  I'm staying there for Songkran and can't wait. I've got a deluxe room overlooking the Dirty Half Dozen. 

I really wonder what is this "SPAM WORD" thing. I read it everywhere and don't know what it means. Can anyone PM about it?

Archived