IGNORED

Uk to Thailand flight

Anybody travel with JET airways from Heathrow?

Would be useful to hear back your experience, value for money, etc.

Thank You.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

i used to go with thai every time for between £520-£650 depending on the time of the year, free beer the whole way and you can get battered no problem as long as you don't get to loud.i used to swear by them but its only 1 screen for the in flight entertainment.my mate was always going on about eva air premium econ being better for a couple hundred more(and i am 6,ft 3), more leg room better service ect...i knew i wanted to go the end of march for a month for so i kept an eye on it an got it for £765.get your dates set in stone and keep an eye on it every day.

paid £299 inc from lhr to bkk return june 11 with royal jordanian, was advertised as a flash sale by flightcentre.co.uk .

march 2012 looking at £611 with emirates via newcastle.

jet airways fly to from LHR to Bangkok via Mumbai with just 1.5 hours stopover both ways

the only advice I can give is...avoid indian airports.

I work in a big retail company so I have both experiences (commercial/personal). Its an absolutely chaos.

Edited by Darkosirex

From heathrow i use Oman Air ,short layovers in Muscat

Nice new aircraft plenty of leg room and great service,also one of the cheapest.

Have booked via their own website,also southall travel and crystal travel.

Smoking rooms in Muscat,also a bar,

Paid £475 in November and prices are about the same for this Feb/March.

About £1500 if you can afford business class

Dubai def NOT dry..... do not book the flight with the long transfer time or you will freeze in terminal 3...2hrs 40 is long eneough at that terminal unless you upgrade and have meals showers etc

Just for your info and slightly off topic the only DRY flights are thos flying into Saudi Arabia or PIA who also fly to BKK via ISB or KHI but would be an expensive option. all UAE airlines offer a full bar into the hub airports from the UK be that EK (Emirates) into Dubai,Qatar QR into Doha or Ethihad EY into AUH abu Dhabi so alls good.

If your onward journey does not involve Saudi then you will be fine too....I have also done PIA and its dry on every route no matter what place you fly to but they use new 777/300 er/lrs AVOID at all costs BIMAN the bangladeshi airline who now also fly out of manchester arrive empty and fly out empty as even the bangladeshi brits like emirates etc due to reliabillity issues.

sorry if a bit off topic but think its important to note if alcohol on board is an issue. Emirates the best tho imho but get the one with the short transfer even if you pay 100 quid more its worth it

Just to add that EgyptAir via-Cairo is also dry, although they do have a generous hold-baggage allowance, of 2 bags weighing up-to 23 kgs EACH !

From heathrow i use Oman Air ,short layovers in Muscat

Nice new aircraft plenty of leg room and great service,also one of the cheapest.

Have booked via their own website,also southall travel and crystal travel.

Smoking rooms in Muscat,also a bar,

Paid £475 in November and prices are about the same for this Feb/March.

About £1500 if you can afford business class

i also been with oman air got to agree with sang som mick, its one of the cheapest and best

airways i been with i payed £450 back in Sept,

Dayo...

i also been with oman air got to agree with sang som mick, its one of the cheapest and best

airways i been with i payed £450 back in Sept,

I am thinking of using Oman Air for my next trip in March. I called them up and asked about their cancellation policy and such. Kind of disappointed to learn that they pretty much refund nothing apart from a portion of the taxes. Due to some personal challenges, the trip may get cancelled :(

Final question before I pull the trigger: Is there any advantage in booking direct or third-parties like Southall Travel?

Thank You.

I am thinking of using Oman Air for my next trip in March. I called them up and asked about their cancellation policy and such. Kind of disappointed to learn that they pretty much refund nothing apart from a portion of the taxes. Due to some personal challenges, the trip may get cancelled :(

Final question before I pull the trigger: Is there any advantage in booking direct or third-parties like Southall Travel?

Thank You.

i always use sky scanner for the best prices.

cant you clam on your travel insurance if you decide to cancel ?

when i booked with OMAN i booked directed, because it was around £20 cheaper also you can choose which seat you want to sit in.

Good Luck.....

also I'm in town in March, first beer on you :LOL2:

Dayo...

i always use sky scanner for the best prices.

cant you clam on your travel insurance if you decide to cancel ?

when i booked with OMAN i booked directed, because it was around £20 cheaper also you can choose which seat you want to sit in.

Good Luck.....

also I'm in town in March, first beer on you :LOL2:

I don't think travel insurance will cover this particular issue.

Thanks for the heads-up on OA and am looking to head out on the 12th of March evening flight from LHR for a couple of weeks. If you happen to be in town will gladly buy you a beer mate and share some stories!

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a return flight directly with Singapore Airlines for £540 in March. LHR-BKK with a short layover in Singapore each way.

A great airline which consistently wins awards for customer service and hot flight attendants :) I expect!

i used to go with thai every time for between £520-£650 depending on the time of the year, free beer the whole way and you can get battered no problem as long as you don't get to loud.i used to swear by them but its only 1 screen for the in flight entertainment.my mate was always going on about eva air premium econ being better for a couple hundred more(and i am 6,ft 3), more leg room better service ect...i knew i wanted to go the end of march for a month for so i kept an eye on it an got it for £765.get your dates set in stone and keep an eye on it every day.

that's why i stopped using thai years ago, they used to only have a couple of shared tellies in the aisle, whereas with eva and ba you'd get the personal screen, apparently thai have had an overhaul and are now the best seats for economy class for this direct route, 9" screen, more legroom and loads of on demand entertainment, i saw their price a while back at 540 but was still under the impression that they had the old entertainment system, so passed on it, wish i'd snapped it up now as i'm looking at 600+ now

i always fly direct though, only indirect flight i'd consider would be a few hours stop in amsterdam 420 hahaha

when you consider that it's 100 cheaper flying indirect and that is return ticket then i'd rather pay the xtra 100 than add 10-12+ hours extra to my travelling time

Edited by 420

that's why i stopped using thai years ago, they used to only have a couple of shared tellies in the aisle, whereas with eva and ba you'd get the personal screen, apparently thai have had an overhaul and are now the best seats for economy class for this direct route, 9" screen, more legroom and loads of on demand entertainment, i saw their price a while back at 540 but was still under the impression that they had the old entertainment system, so passed on it, wish i'd snapped it up now as i'm looking at 600+ now

i always fly direct though, only indirect flight i'd consider would be a few hours stop in amsterdam 420 hahaha

when you consider that it's 100 cheaper flying indirect and that is return ticket then i'd rather pay the xtra 100 than add 10-12+ hours extra to my travelling time

yep they have changed there planes noticed it last week i work over LHR i think they are A340. couple of mates are flying out with them a week after i go with eva prem econ,so will compare notes.i do love the early thai flight that gets to bkk 6am.