IGNORED

Uk to Thailand flight

i am planning my first trip to pattaya some time in the new year (£££ permitting!!) and im keen to gather some advice on as much about the place as i can from this great website. This is my first post so i guess il start with the very start of the holiday.

Flight from uk. What are some average prices you guys have had? how long does the flight take on average? has the whole journey ran smoothly more often than not?

i know i can reasearch some of this stuff officially but you cant beat a bit of first hand experience

i flying out in march from heathrow with Thai airways direct £540, takes around 11.30hrs..

or you could have a flight with a stop over for around £470 and that could take you as long as 16 hrs.

direct flight a better if its you first time, but cost a little more money.

When are you looking to go and which airport ?

good luck mate..........

Dayo...

Depends on when you go and where from. I paid £484 1st November for a flight but booked it early in a sale with Etihad from Manchester. Same flight I am now going on in two days time cost me £739 as its Xmas (and that was cheap). As you are in Cambridge I take it you will fly from Heathrow? You can go direct with Thai Airways or Eva Air but prices do vary. You can also go with Etihad, Emirates, Jet Air and others and have a stop over for a few hours in the middle of the flight. Direct with Thai if I remember correctly is about 12hrs there and a little bit more back. Airlines with a stopover will be the same but with stopover time added.

Don't fly Biman Airways, my mates left on Xmas day and are stuck in Dhaka as the bastards cancelled the connecting flight to Thailand and this was on top of the 5hr delay in Heathrow.

Edited by DavidL

I've paid 450-550 quid for a flight from Heathrow to Bangkok (1 stop) off-peak without booking too early. A direct flight would be perfect (approx 12hrs) but otherwise for a 1 stop flight I'm happy with a total duration of 18 hours or so to go with the cheaper price.

Try skyscanner.net where you can check flight prices for a whole year to give you an idea of the price comparison and pick one that suits you.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

I always check the prices out with sites like ebookers, expedia etc. as well as the airlines themselves. I find a direct flight better (11.5 hrs) as there is less chance of something going wrong with a connecting flight. Also, when you consider the time taken to travel to Heathrow, waiting to board your flight and then transferring to Pattaya it's a long day travelling so I prefer not to have an additional delay en-route. As others have said the direct flight is a bit more expensive but IMO worth the extra few pounds. I've flown with Thai and Eva and would pick whichever one is the cheapest for the dates you want to travel. If I had to choose between the two I'd say Thai are a little better than Eva though I know some might think otherwise.

£676 from Heathrow to BKK with Thai Air Direct on the 3rd Jan - 31st Jan. Booked through skyscanner.

Did the stop over in Dubai with Emirates last year and that was pretty dull, once i leave my house for my holiday......GET ME THERE QUICKLY!

i flying out in march from heathrow with Thai airways direct £540, takes around 11.30hrs..

or you could have a flight with a stop over for around £470 and that could take you as long as 16 hrs.

direct flight a better if its you first time, but cost a little more money.

When are you looking to go and which airport ?

good luck mate..........

Not decided when im going yet or which airport but if i were to guess i would say late 2012 from heathrow.

Your direct flight price sounds good tho how much in advance did u book that?

If not going until late 2012 then i wouldnt even be thinking about flight prices yet,,, just keep your eye on the consolidators

like kayak.co.uk, skyscanner etc. there is usually a matrix that you can check prices per month, then do a specific date search

when you see a price that grabs your eye.. airlines have different sales at different timesthroughout the year so just keep checking the consolidators.

Emirates have recently dropped their prices now that xmas is over, ethihad had a sale in november this year where flights

from manchester were £380 return , was a limited time sale when floods were at their peak so not sure if will see that price again.

babydollsaddict.gif

Not decided when im going yet or which airport but if i were to guess i would say late 2012 from heathrow.

Your direct flight price sounds good tho how much in advance did u book that?

i set my date and keep checking the flight prices about 3 times days, then when a deal comes up book it don't fuck around and have a cup of coffee

to think about because prices will go up as quick as they can come down..

the flight in march i booked 4 weeks ago i been looking since Sept for the best deal.

also i off again in Sept so I'm on the net checking out the best deals as we speak, once a direct flight comes up for £540 ish i will take it.

Dayo...

Eva air have prices of £575 economy flying between 1-1-12 and 31-3-12 direct from Heathrow. I prefer Eva because is overnight flight.

Theres 8 percent more tax duty going on in april so book before then

I'd give anything to be in LOS right now, England damn sucks balls... Flights are min. £1000

correct, england sucks donkeys dicks. and flights are ridiculous. roll on may.

I'm from amsterdam, departing from AMS (amsterdam -schiphol), usually i try to find a price somewhere between 560 GBP and 590 GBP (675-710 euro). I haven't seen much cheaper than this unless it has a layover and takes around 18-20 hours to get there. The direct flight with china airlines takes about 10-11 hours, just don't forget to bring something to read or listen to as the onboard entertainment systems in CI-planes are often nonexistent. They tend to use very old planes and do not upgrade those systems.

Perhaps flying from England or somewhere else, the prices may be a bit lower. It is a well known fact that dutch airports have high taxes (the whole country actually, but that's a different story).

PS. The only thing more expensive than the plane ticket is when you fall in love with a TG.

Edited by mainframe
Posted Image

we are going with emerates in june and the six of us payed about £800 each, thats from newcastle to dubai then dubai to bkk but with short turnaround at dubai.

I did a quick lookup of available flights and prices. It seems that Emerates is the cheapest from new castle. I didn't know the exact date, in my query i used june 2nd until june 23rd and found a ticket for 650 GBP

Posted Image

Around £650 seems to be the price! if you can? try and put in other dates too(+&- a couple of days) as this can also drop the price.

I did a quick lookup of available flights and prices. It seems that Emerates is the cheapest from new castle. I didn't know the exact date, in my query i used june 2nd until june 23rd and found a ticket for 650 GBP

that wasn't far away from what we were looking at with the 9 hr turnaround but two guys had already booked the 3 hr turn so we went with that as i'll be damned if they are gonna get there before me.

oh and 14th of june as i recall.

another point can you drink on the flight to dubai. as i think dubai is a dry country?

Dubai def NOT dry..... do not book the flight with the long transfer time or you will freeze in terminal 3...2hrs 40 is long eneough at that terminal unless you upgrade and have meals showers etc

Just for your info and slightly off topic the only DRY flights are thos flying into Saudi Arabia or PIA who also fly to BKK via ISB or KHI but would be an expensive option. all UAE airlines offer a full bar into the hub airports from the UK be that EK (Emirates) into Dubai,Qatar QR into Doha or Ethihad EY into AUH abu Dhabi so alls good.

If your onward journey does not involve Saudi then you will be fine too....I have also done PIA and its dry on every route no matter what place you fly to but they use new 777/300 er/lrs AVOID at all costs BIMAN the bangladeshi airline who now also fly out of manchester arrive empty and fly out empty as even the bangladeshi brits like emirates etc due to reliabillity issues.

sorry if a bit off topic but think its important to note if alcohol on board is an issue. Emirates the best tho imho but get the one with the short transfer even if you pay 100 quid more its worth it

Edited by PawYai

i am planning my first trip to pattaya some time in the new year (£££ permitting!!) and im keen to gather some advice on as much about the place as i can from this great website. This is my first post so i guess il start with the very start of the holiday.

Flight from uk. What are some average prices you guys have had? how long does the flight take on average? has the whole journey ran smoothly more often than not?

i know i can reasearch some of this stuff officially but you cant beat a bit of first hand experience

Hi

I live in your neck of the woods and fine the best thing to do is fly from Heathrow as there are more options on who to go with.

I try and get a direct flight normally with Eva air they are good value for money. Flights are about 11 hrs 30mins there and a couple of hours longer on the way home.

Try websites like Travel supermarket and sky scanner. I normally book through www.westeasttravel.co.uk email them for best price and always good service. Avoid Flight Centre as they are shit.

I will be there on the 24/03/75 and paid £570 for my ticket.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

I constantly monitor flight prices and for my most recent visits I have paid:

August 2010 - EVA £474

February 2011 - Air India £535

May 2011 - Thai Airways £569

September 2011 - Emirates £525

February 2012 - Jet Airways £501

The only advice I can give is try to avoid (unlike me) flying to Indian airports because they are absolute chaos.

Pattaya Trip No.19 - Commences 22nd December 2013.....................Pattaya Trip No.20 - Commences 27th March 2014

I called DialAFlight and they were pretty good at finding the right flight for me, I hadnt used them before.

that wasn't far away from what we were looking at with the 9 hr turnaround but two guys had already booked the 3 hr turn so we went with that as i'll be damned if they are gonna get there before me.

oh and 14th of june as i recall.

another point can you drink on the flight to dubai. as i think dubai is a dry country?

All Emirates flights from the UK to Dubai are with beers/wines&spirits, all free. Dubai Airport has a couple of pubs which you can also smoke in

Edited by holsteinpill

• 2 weeks later...

I use Justtheflight.co.uk

they get you good prices.

£500-600 is a good price for a direct flight. The connecting ones through Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Delhi are too much hassle.

Too much time is wasted on travel and you are knackered by the time you reach Pattaya. the ££ you save are not worth it.