IGNORED

Is Jomtien suitable for me?

billybob69

I’ve been to Patts several times now and tend not to venture too far, but starting of thinking about maybe basing myself in Jomtien on my next trip. I was wondering based on my preferences below whether Jomtien is suitable for me.

I prefer the beer bars on Soi 7/8 and Second Road than Walking Street

I’m a bit of a Short-Time rather than Long-Time kind of guy.

At times I can be a bit of a cheap Charlie and are more than happy to pick up at Beach Road or Soi 6 than pay over inflated prices for a go-go dancer.

Daytime, I don’t mind hitting the beach or laying by the pool., but REALLY enjoy having a daytime stroll up Soi 6

Food – I prefer to have a wide range of food (not just limited to either Thai or Western)

Accommodation - usually go for hotels in the 700 to 1100 baht per night range

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mate your better of in pattaya, you listed evey thing you like in pattaya, Chomtien is quieter with less choices in everything.To me the only things that are superiour to pattaya is all to do with the beach

If you ride a bike, Jomtien is fine. 5 mins to patts

I’ve been to Patts several times now and tend not to venture too far, but starting of thinking about maybe basing myself in Jomtien on my next trip. I was wondering based on my preferences below whether Jomtien is suitable for me.

I prefer the beer bars on Soi 7/8 and Second Road than Walking Street

I’m a bit of a Short-Time rather than Long-Time kind of guy.

At times I can be a bit of a cheap Charlie and are more than happy to pick up at Beach Road or Soi 6 than pay over inflated prices for a go-go dancer.

Daytime, I don’t mind hitting the beach or laying by the pool., but REALLY enjoy having a daytime stroll up Soi 6

Food – I prefer to have a wide range of food (not just limited to either Thai or Western)

Accommodation - usually go for hotels in the 700 to 1100 baht per night range

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

Lots of 50 baht beer bars like Soi 7-8 in Pattaya at the Rompho beer Complex with 40 plus bars. Lots of available bar ladies if needed. Freelancers available but less of them due to smaller community. Many other drinking areas like fantasy bar, Shenanigans, Pig and Whistle, plus many on Soi 5 & 7.

Many international places to eat in Jomtien including UK, Swedish, American, Mexican, Russian, French - pretty much everything here.

The nice thing is it is quieter, less hectic, has nicer beaches and easier to walk around. Baht buses are easy to catch and only a 10 baht (10-15 minute) trip into Patts if you want to party , visit Soi 6, shop or eat there. I usually only go into Patts once every week when I see a movie and try in a different restaurant. To each his own and I can see why the 2 week guys want to be in the action.

If you want hard-core full on everything on tap action 24-7, stay in Pattaya, around Sois 10-13 or LK Metro.

If you want a more relaxed beachside holiday with seaside ambience, stay in Jomtien. And head to Pattaya anytime you feel like hard-core full on action. I usually stay Jomtien as I am most often, not solo. Usually I baht bus it in (10B), then motocy taxi back (80B) with girl.

If staying in Jomtien, Soi 4 is a good central spot with Guesthouses like Lotus for 1000K or less a night.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it seems that Jomtien is an option worth of me doing some further research on.

I think that the only thing that perhaps is putting me off is the distance to Soi 6 (which I really mean, is the distance from daytime ST action) and the distance to beach road (I've picked up some quality 'fresh meat' there before now).

So are they any 'decent' daytime ST and night time freelancer options in Jomtien?

bb69

I prefer Jomtien... Even though I go to Pattaya for fun.. Jomtien is nice for relaxing while you cant relax in Pattaya..

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Honestly, I've been in jomtien a week now and it pretty much sucks. Thank Buddha I have a motorbike. Without it, I'd be screwed.

Been to pattaya every day til 3am.

After barfining girls think it's far.

Last night tried my luck and went looking for beer bar girls at around 12pm. Went all over jomtien. Men to women ratio was 5:1 and about 1 out of 20 bar girls were almost lookers. Others were a lot older and not lookers.

Also street food shuts down real early and by midnight the food has been sitting around for hours and hours.

Im staying in a great condo, but that's about it. Next trip I will not be staying here.

Unless someone can make a good case for the place.

But at present, I feel staying here was a huge mistake.

It wasn't me

I have to agree with all that's been posted. I stay in Jomtien as do a lot of other "falangs" however most (imho) are in "relationships" and are more long term visitors. The night time action along the Jomtien Beach Road has been cleared up to a large extent and Jomtien has become more of a family tourist area. Day time there are massage parlours on Soi 6 (see other posts on that subject)

Stick with Pattaya!

Live for the moment. Tomorrow may not come.

I have to agree with all that's been posted. I stay in Jomtien as do a lot of other "falangs" however most (imho) are in "relationships" and are more long term visitors. The night time action along the Jomtien Beach Road has been cleared up to a large extent and Jomtien has become more of a family tourist area. Day time there are massage parlours on Soi 6 (see other posts on that subject)

Stick with Pattaya!

Thats quite true Trev, Jomtien is for couples/families. Solo guys that want full on action - stay in Pattaya.

Pretty much all valid points...................

Somed up.

Jomtien is quieter than Pattaya.

Yes they do seem to roll up the sidewalks about midnight here,

mostly past Soi 10 and Moto taxi go elsewhere, still see a few BB till 2AM.

But in the "center" of Jomtien( area before Beach Road) stays pretty busy.

Never once had a BG say "to far", "I no go" this includes Coconut Bar, Soi 6 etc....

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

• 2 weeks later...

Jomtien is quieter and more relaxed, and that is why I like staying there. I usually drive into Pattaya most nights to party, and than again late afternoon to drop off last nights pick up and to get a massage on Soi Bakoaw. For me this is not so bad as I always rent a motorbike and enjoy the ride.

Jomtien give you a Holiday feeling with a sea breeze smell, good restaurants on beach road , bars enough in daytime and evening , night more quite , 10 Bath 10 minutes and you are in the factory nightlife from Patts , ideal location , besides many BG on off time go enjoy beach there instead the" mini sand strip" for Pattaya (name" beach" not worth) but as said before if 10 days millionaire for bar action 24 hours stay Patts...!

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I stayed in Jomtien last time I was in Thialand (2nd time 1st Phuket). I felt I was always out of the action and never got the Pattaya experience. To me it was a hassel going to Walking st in each night as I would hae to catch the bus which could take up to 20 minutes at night

I stayed in Jomtien last time I was in Thialand (2nd time 1st Phuket). I felt I was always out of the action and never got the Pattaya experience. To me it was a hassel going to Walking st in each night as I would hae to catch the bus which could take up to 20 minutes at night

Strange... Never a hassle for me... Plenty of Baht bus come and go.. Only takes 15 minutes to Walking St... That is nothing.

I had booked Lotus GH soi 4 for our week-3 boys own adventure but after having the nightly hassle of trying to get onto baht buses full of russians I pulled that pin and booked LEK hotel right in the centre of Pattaya.

I will always stay at LEK on any future solo trips. Older style rooms with carpets! Maids on each floor, friendly staff, diligent ID card system and good buffet breakfasts and lunches.

and 5 minutes from anywhere.

And do Jomtien beach daytime.

never been, I know a guy and his thai girl friend say its great, but I more of a hard core drinker and women person.

If you live hear jomtien is fine, many nice restaurants and bars, clean air and not to many crazy people about, also the new second road area is quite buisey with plenty of bars and girls, but if your hear for just 2 weeks town is the place

• 1 month later...

Hello! Don't wanna start a new topic so will ask here. In 3 weeks I'm going to Pattaya and will spend there at least 3 months. During my stay I will have to work for 2 - 4 days a week and for that I need a fast Internet connection. I found an appartment in View Talay 2A which is quite nice and has a fast ADSL connection. I've already paid a deposit. But after reading few topics I become very concerned. I am quite young and will be going out at least 4 nights a week. Will Jomtien (View Talay 2 in particular) be a good option for me? I've been to Pattaya 3 times but never visited Jomtien - always stayed in the city (if you can call Central Pattaya so). Won't transportation from Jomtien to Central Pattaya and back be too expensive? Maybe despite the deposit I should find another place in Central Pattaya?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx!

Transportation to and from Pattaya is 10 bath each way with bathbus so that is no problem. They pass just outside VT2 entrance too. Sometimes when going back to Jomtien early in the morning there is a bit of a wait for them to fill the bahtbus, but only 10 min or so.

Now, what kind of person are you when going out?

If you want to visit good agogos you will have to go to Pattaya, there is only one in Jomtien and it is not good.

If you just want to head out to beerbars and maybe find a nice girl there are plenty of options in Jomtien too. First place I would suggest you to visit is the barcomplex north of Soi 7. Just walk out from VT2 and stay on left side of road, pass the Hanuman fountain and keep walking (do not go down to beachroad) maybe 500 metres or so. Then you will come to a foodcourt where you can eat quite cheap and there is also a big market for fresh fruit and similar. Just past that you will see the barcomplex, it is bigger than you think so maybe explore a bit.

Now, if you turn down towards beach from there you will walk down Soi 7, there are some bars there too. If you walk all the way down to beachroad and go left and then left again after a while you will head into Soi Whitehouse (or Denmark) where there are alot of bars too.

I would not go much further on beachroad than that for bars, there are not many at all down he road, but there are some restaurants I think.

But you could head back towards Thap Praya road too on the way there are many restaurants and on Thap Praya road (that is the big one that leads to Hanuman fountain and further on to Pattaya) there are more bars too.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

Hello! Don't wanna start a new topic so will ask here. In 3 weeks I'm going to Pattaya and will spend there at least 3 months. During my stay I will have to work for 2 - 4 days a week and for that I need a fast Internet connection. I found an appartment in View Talay 2A which is quite nice and has a fast ADSL connection. I've already paid a deposit. But after reading few topics I become very concerned. I am quite young and will be going out at least 4 nights a week. Will Jomtien (View Talay 2 in particular) be a good option for me? I've been to Pattaya 3 times but never visited Jomtien - always stayed in the city (if you can call Central Pattaya so). Won't transportation from Jomtien to Central Pattaya and back be too expensive? Maybe despite the deposit I should find another place in Central Pattaya?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx!

Plenty of Baht bus going to Pattaya from Jomtien.... Every 5 minutes i reckon... Easy.. 10 bt one way

as they say, stick to Pattaya, If you get accomodation in Jomtien you will have to go to Pattaya everyday to get what you like most, Better take some trips to Jomtien, maybe stop at the jade house on your way, or Kinnaree, if you go to Kinnaree, try mamalang beach in Pratumnak soi 5, and you can easily walk to jomtien, and then take a cab back to pattaya

Nok Ka Wao

Transportation to and from Pattaya is 10 bath each way with bathbus so that is no problem. They pass just outside VT2 entrance too. Sometimes when going back to Jomtien early in the morning there is a bit of a wait for them to fill the bahtbus, but only 10 min or so.

Now, what kind of person are you when going out?

If you want to visit good agogos you will have to go to Pattaya, there is only one in Jomtien and it is not good.

If you just want to head out to beerbars and maybe find a nice girl there are plenty of options in Jomtien too. First place I would suggest you to visit is the barcomplex north of Soi 7. Just walk out from VT2 and stay on left side of road, pass the Hanuman fountain and keep walking (do not go down to beachroad) maybe 500 metres or so. Then you will come to a foodcourt where you can eat quite cheap and there is also a big market for fresh fruit and similar. Just past that you will see the barcomplex, it is bigger than you think so maybe explore a bit.

Now, if you turn down towards beach from there you will walk down Soi 7, there are some bars there too. If you walk all the way down to beachroad and go left and then left again after a while you will head into Soi Whitehouse (or Denmark) where there are alot of bars too.

I would not go much further on beachroad than that for bars, there are not many at all down he road, but there are some restaurants I think.

But you could head back towards Thap Praya road too on the way there are many restaurants and on Thap Praya road (that is the big one that leads to Hanuman fountain and further on to Pattaya) there are more bars too.

Thank you all very much for reply! Such a nice forum - just posted - and got a response right away!

I usually go either to go gos or to night clubs and by night clubs I mean Insomnia and Candy Shop:) So for me going out is definitely not Jomtien. But on the other hand I've never been to Jomtien - maybe it's fun. And you said that logistics is not a problem. Now I just have to decide - should I proceed with this rental or should I try finding something closer to the action. 3,3 km is nothing in my city - I have to commute for 24 km one way every day. And the place has nice internet according to the add.

Plenty of Baht bus going to Pattaya from Jomtien.... Every 5 minutes i reckon... Easy.. 10 bt one way

Are these buses available at late hours?

[quote name

=jidee' timestamp='1331157765' post='1580724]

Are these buses available at late hours?

Buses

Buses go through the night, coming back from Pattaya you need to go to the junction of 2nd road and South Pattaya road to get them. Sometimes you have to wait for them to fill up, but never more than 5 minutes. Good thing is that quite often the late ones have a few girls on thm who haven't been lucky thaty night so the journey home can be fruitful.

Archived