Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is Jomtien suitable for me?

billybob69

Yes, the baht buses are available at late hours, just a small wait in Pattaya for them to fill it up. Ofcourse, I have only been there in hígh season so I had no real wait, most of the times there was a queue to get on.

As many states, Jomtien is a much quieter place than Pattaya. There are bars and there are girls but it is still not really the same, I think one reason is that most of the people in Jomtien are expats or people that take regular trips to LoS so it is not the same partyfeeling. there are even lots of familys around with children. But for me it is good enough, I like to sit in a bar drinking beer and watching football on tv.

But really, if you want easily available action and looks for a new girl every night and goes to agogo or disco every day Jomtien might feel a bit far away. Its not that you can just walk out of the condo and 5 min later be at your agogo of choise in Jomtien. But for me, staying for a month or longer, always being in that type of bararea would be quite tiresome.

On the plus-side for Jomtien I would state the beach which is alot better than in Pattaya if you like to sit in the shade and relax during the day. Also VT2 has a nice pool (but cold water) and the room I rented had very good internet, but I guess that is subject to whatever adsl service they have in your room. bit farfetched to think you have the same as I had :)

I guess you just have to balance what you value most.

Easily available mongerstyle beerbars and agogosand discos on one side and relaxed time on beach and more familiar bars on the other.

No matter what you chose though, the other part is just 20 minutes and 10 baht away.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a condo in Talay 5 for one week of the 18 days I'll be in Patts, the rest of the time I will be right in the action. So my question is, how does a BG react to having to go with you to Jomtien for a LT from a BB or disco in the WS area?

thanks for the great help you all have been and look forward to beeing there next tus!!!

Queen Vic for drinks on Tus the 13th at about 3PM and first beer will be on me for any PA!! :GoldenSmile1:

Josh

Pattaya to visit, Jomtien to live.

If you drink, do you really want to ride your motorbike and risk your life? Or do you prefer to have to get ripped off every night by baht bus drivers overcharging you since your place in Jomtien is often not going to be on the direct baht bus route?

Are these buses available at late hours?

Yes there are, but not busier as the day time up to 01.00am... After 01.00 am you would Probably 20 minutes instead of normal 5 minutes... In the night on way back to Jomtien, the drivers tend to make sure the baht bus is filled before leaving...

Lots of 50 baht beer bars like Soi 7-8 in Pattaya at the Rompho beer Complex with 40 plus bars. Lots of available bar ladies if needed. Freelancers available but less of them due to smaller community. Many other drinking areas like fantasy bar, Shenanigans, Pig and Whistle, plus many on Soi 5 & 7.

Many international places to eat in Jomtien including UK, Swedish, American, Mexican, Russian, French - pretty much everything here.

The nice thing is it is quieter, less hectic, has nicer beaches and easier to walk around. Baht buses are easy to catch and only a 10 baht (10-15 minute) trip into Patts if you want to party , visit Soi 6, shop or eat there. I usually only go into Patts once every week when I see a movie and try in a different restaurant. To each his own and I can see why the 2 week guys want to be in the action.

True point!

I like Jomtien and I always stay in Jomtien on the upper numbered sois. I like it because it's quiet. The other plus is that there is all sorts of western restaurants serving even Armenian foods.

But it sucks for mongering. Beer bars are full of 50 year old dragons. Freelancers are scarier than in the USA ghettos.

For mongering, you pretty much have to spend a lot of time looking for someone acceptable in Jomtien, or you can head to Pattaya where the ratio of cute girls is much, much better.

I checked out Jomtien as an alternative to South Patts about a couple months ago and decided to pass. Accommodation seemed much more expensive, and the traffic much worse. Yeah the beach looks a little bit better but I'd still find a place with a pool and give the beach a miss.

Hello! Don't wanna start a new topic so will ask here. In 3 weeks I'm going to Pattaya and will spend there at least 3 months. During my stay I will have to work for 2 - 4 days a week and for that I need a fast Internet connection. I found an appartment in View Talay 2A which is quite nice and has a fast ADSL connection. I've already paid a deposit. But after reading few topics I become very concerned. I am quite young and will be going out at least 4 nights a week. Will Jomtien (View Talay 2 in particular) be a good option for me? I've been to Pattaya 3 times but never visited Jomtien - always stayed in the city (if you can call Central Pattaya so). Won't transportation from Jomtien to Central Pattaya and back be too expensive? Maybe despite the deposit I should find another place in Central Pattaya?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanx!

I've just booked Residence Garden just up Thap Praya Road 5 minute walk to Walking Street area. A top location. 1450 baht per night for a nice large 1BR unit with free WIFI. Baht buses are only 10 baht. I also dont like the large View Talays or similar. Ib Ottesen <[email protected]> to book direct - no deposit required!

At night, take baht bus into Pattaya - 5 mins. Back home with ST/LT friend within 5 minutes. In morning catch baht bus to Jomtien beach - perfect.

I've just booked Residence Garden just up Thap Praya Road 5 minute walk to Walking Street area. A top location. 1450 baht per night for a nice large 1BR unit with free WIFI. Baht buses are only 10 baht. I also dont like the large View Talays or similar. Ib Ottesen <[email protected]> to book direct - no deposit required!

At night, take baht bus into Pattaya - 5 mins. Back home with ST/LT friend within 5 minutes. In morning catch baht bus to Jomtien beach - perfect.

Good there's no deposit required. That's quite a lot to pay by the day if you staying 3 months. For example I stay at a small resort, have an apartment (bedroom, lounge, kitchenette, bathroom) with a swimming pool on my doorstep - and I mean on my doorstep. Cost me 14,000 Bt a month, plus I have elect, which was 1200 Bt last month, but I expect it to be around 3000 Bt next month as it's getting hotter by the day. So that works out about 560Bt per day. I have AC in bedroom, cable TV & wifi included.

So I suggest when you roll up at Residence Garden just pay day by day and give yourself a few days to look around. There are good monthly deals available, and they're getting better as the high season finishes soon.

I know people - and have personally also booked - four star hotels with top notch facilities on lower Sukhumvit for 1200-1300 Baht by committing to 3-4 weeks. Yes, it's Bangkok, but I thought that Bangkok was supposed to be more expensive?

For 1450/night, your place should be really, really swanky. Hopefully has a jacuzzi tub and the works.

Thanx a lot for replying - lots of helpful information! Can't say I am such a big fan of beach - during my 3 visits never even bothered to go to Koh Larn. This time will be different though as I will stay longer than for 2 or 3 weeks and cannot afford drinking all that time. Not only money wise, but health too, so I will have to find some activities to do besides partying. I guess I ll try to find a place closer to the action. The most important thing for me is the internet connection - need a fast one for work so WIFI not an option. If I can't find such a place then I will stick to VT2. 20 mins is not that long and 10 baht is not that much anyways :) I hope girls wont mind going to Jomtien either but if they do I can always offer giving some extra money for taxi in the morning and this will eliminate the problem right? )

Thanx a lot for replying - lots of helpful information! Can't say I am such a big fan of beach - during my 3 visits never even bothered to go to Koh Larn. This time will be different though as I will stay longer than for 2 or 3 weeks and cannot afford drinking all that time. Not only money wise, but health too, so I will have to find some activities to do besides partying. I guess I ll try to find a place closer to the action. The most important thing for me is the internet connection - need a fast one for work so WIFI not an option. If I can't find such a place then I will stick to VT2. 20 mins is not that long and 10 baht is not that much anyways :)I hope girls wont mind going to Jomtien either but if they do I can always offer giving some extra money for taxi in the morning and this will eliminate the problem right? )

They wont mind... Motor bike taxi is cheap anyway, they give better deal to the thai than us... Probably about 50 baht.

They wont mind... Motor bike taxi is cheap anyway, they give better deal to the thai than us... Probably about 50 baht.

200 from Naklua and thats Thai price

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the 5" tall space aliens that live under my desk. In return for these ideas I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there

.http://www.shakegirl.com/

Three months stay near Jomtien in 2010, only cost me 60 baht everytime ??? Naklua is nearer to Pattaya than Jomtien i presume !!! Maybe somebody here will tell us differently or set up the Motor Taxi cost threads here,,

Last year it cost me 100 baht from Walking Street to Furama hotel, which is 3-4 kilometers down Jomtien beach.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

I live in Jomtien (for the past 6+ years) and had previously lived in Pattaya (as well as in Bangkok and in the Philippines) so I've done it both ways.

If I were a younger guy and/or on vacation (holiday) with lots of partying to do and only a limited time to do it in, I'd stay in Pattaya rather than Jomtien. There's much more action to pick from in Pattaya and it's a lot faster and easier to get to it (although there are a lot of places where a lad can partake here in Jomtien also).

If I were an older guy and/or lived here year-round (which I am and do), I'd prefer Jomtien (especially if you have a motorbike, as I also do).

The baht buses do run often but even just ten or fifteen minutes each can start to add up if you want to head up to Pattaya every day (or more than once a day). Plus the baht buses often fill up in Jomtien in later afternoon and early evening, so I often would see several full ones go by (in front of VT2) before one with space available stopped. Took quite a while sometimes.

I live in Jomtien (for the past 6+ years) and had previously lived in Pattaya (as well as in Bangkok and in the Philippines) so I've done it both ways.

If I were a younger guy and/or on vacation (holiday) with lots of partying to do and only a limited time to do it in, I'd stay in Pattaya rather than Jomtien. There's much more action to pick from in Pattaya and it's a lot faster and easier to get to it (although there are a lot of places where a lad can partake here in Jomtien also).

If I were an older guy and/or lived here year-round (which I am and do), I'd prefer Jomtien (especially if you have a motorbike, as I also do).

The baht buses do run often but even just ten or fifteen minutes each can start to add up if you want to head up to Pattaya every day (or more than once a day). Plus the baht buses often fill up in Jomtien in later afternoon and early evening, so I often would see several full ones go by (in front of VT2) before one with space available stopped. Took quite a while sometimes.

I dont mind waiting... What is the rush ?

I have a condo in Talay 5 for one week of the 18 days I'll be in Patts, the rest of the time I will be right in the action. So my question is, how does a BG react to having to go with you to Jomtien for a LT from a BB or disco in the WS area?

thanks for the great help you all have been and look forward to beeing there next tus!!!

Queen Vic for drinks on Tus the 13th at about 3PM and first beer will be on me for any PA!! :GoldenSmile1:

Josh

I have never had any girl comment about the distance from Patts to VT5. It's 10 minutes normally, 15 minutes max in heavy traffic.

I prefer to live slightly away from the 'action' and travel in most days.

Another good thing about VT5 is the airport bus station is directly opposite! So convenient, not just for the airport, but travelling into Bangkok as well. (via BKK and the skytrain).

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

i stayed in Jomtien last year and it is certainly much quieter but i found it a pain to get home late at night..personally i wont be staying in Jomtien again...but if you like it quiet could be ok..

I dont mind waiting... What is the rush ?

If you're on vacation, you're paying a ton of money just to exist in Thailand. Do you really want to spend any of that time waiting for the Baht bus? That's not really maximizing your fun, unless waiting for baht bus is your idea of fun.

If you're on vacation, you're paying a ton of money just to exist in Thailand. Do you really want to spend any of that time waiting for the Baht bus? That's not really maximizing your fun, unless waiting for baht bus is your idea of fun.

I have been in 7 crashes in Ireland, never in Pattaya, I was wild boy when i got 7 crashes years ago ... I tend to be more careful after 1999 (My last car accident),never been on Motorbike taxi in Pattaya because of terrible rate of Motorbike accidents in Thailand, So I feel safer in Bahtbus, Time is nothing to me , Life is too precious to waste...

you dont have wait long

I wish there was proper taxi service in Pattaya.

One of the best things about BKK is that you can get everyone cheaply and comfortably.

I wish there was proper taxi service in Pattaya.

One of the best things about BKK is that you can get everyone cheaply and comfortably.

True...Only been in BKK for few days, Agreed Taxi is cheap.. Bahtbus is not all that bad, seat is ok, all I want is to go from A to B then B to A.

Archived