IGNORED

Etihad Airways

shergar

I have flown with Etihad several times and everything has always been good.They even hold the connecting flight for people who land a little late as the turnaround times are short.I found them about as good as Qatar and much better than Emirates,with whom I've had a couple of bad experiences,including no food on a 7 hour flight last time.

booked them for xmas trip which cost £745 from LHR. hoping they will be as good as most posters here believe! 1st time I have had a stopover as I usually come in low season with thai.

looking forward to a break tho and a stretch of the legs, whats the stopover like? can you get a beer or do any shopping?

I've flown with them twice, very good airline.

My only gripes: No online check in (in UK anyway) and, get this, i've never had a 100% working tv screen! In fact, i've seen whole sections of the aircraft with dodgy screens, i'm surprised no one else has commented about this.

I agree with most of the posts here, good food, large choice of inflight entertainment, economic class seat size ok (i.e. shamefully small, but the same as everywhere else). Short connection in Abu Dhabi, which is a small but funnily built airport, well worth to see one time in life. Not too much to do there afterward tough, so its fine that the stops are usually short. Transit information is not so good (listen carefully!!!) and gates are too small for the modern planes: just before embarking it is uncomfortable as it is soooo crowded, and forget about a seat in the gate if you are not among the first in the security check queue...

For the tv screen you are right - sort of, it depend on the plane. On new ones, they are very good. On older ones, it seems that the average ethiad passenger get a kick about destroying small LCD panels :( They get scratched, finger smudged (ok, the screen is tactile, but is it normal to have finger soooo dirty?), bic marks, you name it. So you have to be lucky. Attendants are trying their best to solve technical problem though, I had no sound/no image a few times (well the whole section got blank screen), and it was sorted out in 15 minutes so no big deal.

Edited by gregkai

Al Quada.......... I will never fly with them not in this life time

Not a cat in hells chance.. never

Etihad are an excellent airline. I have flown with them many times and no problems.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

flown with ethiad 2 times best company i have flown with anywere great choice of entertainment i have never been beaten at battleships ahahahahahha

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

Not a cat in hells chance.. never

why are you answering your own post? :rolleyes:

I am flying with them to Manila and the stop over on the return is around 12 hours. Any board members know if you get a hotel? I imagine you do.

I am flying with them to Manila and the stop over on the return is around 12 hours. Any board members know if you get a hotel? I imagine you do.

I didn't get a hotel, those 12/13 hour stop overs in Abu Dhabi are hell. My own fault for booking it really. Etihad is great service and good planes but I won't be flying through the Middle East again. Direct flights from now on.

I didn't get a hotel, those 12/13 hour stop overs in Abu Dhabi are hell. My own fault for booking it really. Etihad is great service and good planes but I won't be flying through the Middle East again. Direct flights from now on.

How did you get a 12/13 hour stop over in Abu Dhabi, the most I have ever had was 1hr 45 minutes.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

I used them on my last trip and as I got home from work tonight really pissed off I decided to book a flight to Bangkok so I'll be using them agan on the 29th July. One of the best airlines i've flown with although I really didnt appreciate Abu Dhabi Airport.....

Edited by NornIron

Flew with them at christmas. Very good looking girls onboard but sadly they were stuck up there own arse. Service was not very good either. Food can only be described as '' shite ''. To top it all off abu dhabi airport is a shit house and that is a kind description! Tv choice was good on the plane. Would not fly again with them unless i could go direct to bangkok and even then i wouldnt be happy about it. Etihad .. poke it!

Flew with them at christmas. Very good looking girls onboard but sadly they were stuck up there own arse. Service was not very good either. Food can only be described as '' shite ''. To top it all off abu dhabi airport is a shit house and that is a kind description! Tv choice was good on the plane. Would not fly again with them unless i could go direct to bangkok and even then i wouldnt be happy about it. Etihad .. poke it!

you must be on the books of some other airline basslick :LMAO1: .... I flew with them 4 times, all good...having done quantas and british airways id say they are way ahead, stoping in abu dhabi is a sligtht hassle but grand to stretch the legs.and there cheap enough too :LMAO1:

:LMAO1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I've just got home and flew with Etihad for the 3rd time. I found the service excellent. The TV and the free bar certianly help pass the time. For the price I dont think they can be beaten..

Dumb question, but do they fly out of any of the east coast US airports?

How did you get a 12/13 hour stop over in Abu Dhabi, the most I have ever had was 1hr 45 minutes.

FatBob.

My own fault really was to eager to get out there and just booked what came up on Kayak. Seriously though Abu Dhabi has to be one of the shittest airports i've ever been through and that fucking Tanoy is non-stop so no chance of getting your head down between flights.

Return Mon, 4 Feb 28hr 25min Total time

Overnight flight.

Depart Bangkok Etihad Airways 401

Economy | Boeing 777

6hr 35min

20:10 Suvarnabhumi Int'l airport (BKK)

Stop 1 Abu Dhabi

23:45 Abu Dhabi Intl airport (AUH)

| Meal

Change planes. Time between flights: 13hr 50min

Depart Abu Dhabi Etihad Airways 21

Economy | Airbus A332

8hr 0min

13:35 Abu Dhabi Intl airport (AUH)

Arrive Manchester

17:35 Manchester Int'l Airport (MAN)

| Meal

Edited by lovinit

I knocked them on the head and have booked to go to Manila with Singapore Airways instead. 1 hour stop over on both legs. Lovely jubbly.