Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad Airways

shergar

Etihad have recently started a service from Dublin to Abu Dhabi with onward connections to Bangkok etc.

Has anyone used them? What's their busines class like? Are flight transfers in Abu Dhabi airport easy?

Used them 3 times.I believe they are a fairly new airline competing with Emirates so the prices were pretty reasonable and because they've only been around for 3 or 4 years all the planes are new.I was very impressed by them and would recommend them. Don't know about business class though, I've got a thai missus so can't afford such luxuries.Transfer is very easy.Abu Dhabi is not a big airport and the departure gates are on one level in a big circle.Easy.

I flew them business class to Abu Dhabi, excellent service and I will definitely use them again.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I have used them a few times both economy and business and they are good, the business seats are the ones that make into a bed so good for the long flight

This is the only airline I use know, food is very good, good in flight entertainment and quick stop overs, I liked them because they flew from Gatwick and arrived in Bangkok at 7am if not before , now they have changed this and fly out of Heathrow and land in Bangkok 6.30pm which I don't like but the return leg is better, before I had to leave Pattaya at 5pm to get my flight at 8.45pm now the flight is at 8.25am the next day so I can leave at 5amThis is the only airline I use know, food is very good, good in flight entertainment and quick stop overs, I liked them because they flew from Gatwick and arrived in Bangkok at 7am if not before , now they have changed this and fly out of Heathrow and land in Bangkok 6.30pm which I don't like but the return leg is better, before I had to leave Pattaya at 5pm to get my flight at 8.45pm now the flight is at 8.25am the next day so I can leave at 5am

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

I got an 8 hour delay in that shit hole Abu Dhabi i will avoid any airline that has to stop in the middle east.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I got an 8 hour delay in that shit hole Abu Dhabi i will avoid any airline that has to stop in the middle east.

Funny you should say that, I got a 14 hour delay in Abu Dhabi once but the airline company put us up in a hotel ( Park Residence) which had an irish bar nearly next door to it.Went in for a few drinks and met a Canadian dude who had been working out there quite a while.Whilst drinking I was getting eyed up by this eastern european chick,the Canadian dude told me there were alot of these girls free lancing out there.

He then took me to the Al Ain Palace hotel which had a large English style bar full of stunning chinese prostitutes.He told me this hotel didn't have a problem taking girls to the rooms but other hotels wouldn't allow it unless they were checked in personally as a guest.Anyway I didn't take one, he took two, but I can't remember how much they were.I remember they were cheap though so if you ever have an unexpected stay somewhere like this it's always worth checking it out.

a big thumbs up for etihad! flown with them 3 times with a 4th in xmas. fairly new & very competitive rates with emirates. great in-flight entertainment, business class very good but still couldn't get no sleep on the beds (maybe it was me & the thought of arriving into los), food very good! my only gripe was the remodelling of the airport in favour for non-smokers lol

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Have never used them and wondered how they compared with Emirates and Qatar airlines(as i've used these)are they alot better than these other two or pretty similar because the prices from Manchester are always better value

Edited by crudski

"Once you've gone asian you'll never go caucasian"

I flew business class in December with them and I have to say its the best flight I,ve ever had. A few pain in arse locals joined at Abu Dhabi and gave the stewardess's a hard time but most people wouldnt have noticed it ( I'm a nosey twat)

I have to recommend Etihad.

Been looking for flights for next Feb but business class is looking uncompetitive. Does anyone know when their fares might drop a bit ?

hi there i have flown a couple off times with them and stopped at Abu Dhabi,flight good serivce good etc etc, would use them agian

have just flown with Qatar airways and found them the worst i have flown with,iam just doing a complaint letter .

PETE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Etihad is my local airline, I live in Abu Dhabi,(although probably not for much longer - either Houston or Singapore seem likely early next year) they are without doubt the best of the Middle East airlines, planes are new, economy has the biggest TV screens and best entertainment selection of any airline I've flown (and that's most of them) Business has fully flat beds, fares are generally very competitive and they even offer some very pleasant eye candy!

9.5/10 for Etihad!

Cheers

DB1

Hi folks

Etihad is my local airline, I live in Abu Dhabi,(although probably not for much longer - either Houston or Singapore seem likely early next year) they are without doubt the best of the Middle East airlines, planes are new, economy has the biggest TV screens and best entertainment selection of any airline I've flown (and that's most of them) Business has fully flat beds, fares are generally very competitive and they even offer some very pleasant eye candy!

9.5/10 for Etihad!

Cheers

DB1

Good to hear I fly with these next month :Pervert1:

Hi,

I have flown 2 returns to BKK this year on Etihad in Pearl Class (business), once from Gatwick then from Heathrow.

I used to use Emirates but the Etihad Business class beats Emirates hands down, with flat beds and all seats having aisle access so you dont get stuck in the middle of a row of 3 like you can on Emirates Business Class. The aircraft are new and I found the food, crew etc excellent.

If you choose your flights carefully you will not have a long stopover in Abu Dhabi, so no problem there. All in all an excellent airline and my favorite to LOS unless I need to make a direct flight.

Trotski

when i fly out to los on 14 oct will be with etihad for the second time good choice of food and entertainment etc.fares reasonable only 2 hour stopover at abu dhabi flew with emirates 4 times before service with etihad as good , flight from here in France about €140 cheaper, would recomend to anyone

Never used them myself but heard some nightmare stories about the connections, this link might be useful

When I read about the perils of drinking I gave up reading.

• 3 months later...
Etihad have recently started a service from Dublin to Abu Dhabi with onward connections to Bangkok etc.

Has anyone used them? What's their busines class like? Are flight transfers in Abu Dhabi airport easy?

Hello,

I flew with them in Nov Dublin to BKK the best I have ever flown with. Got a free upgrade to Bus on AbuDaubi to BKK leg That was fantastic if only I had the cash I WOULD FLY BUSINESS CLASS ALL THE TIME. Even without the bump up they are great.

I've flown with them twice, very good airline.

My only gripes: No online check in (in UK anyway) and, get this, i've never had a 100% working tv screen! In fact, i've seen whole sections of the aircraft with dodgy screens, i'm surprised no one else has commented about this.

i used them once and would do so again but from lhr you have to get the 2hour stop in abu dhabi cheers nadia

• 5 months later...

flown with etihad 1 time from Munich over Abu Dhabi to Bagkok

excellent service, the food is very good, the seats are not to close, also a large choice of in flight entertainment.

The flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok at 10 pm was overbooked, so some Stewards asked the passengers from the flights of Germany and England who will take the next flight at 8 am. They payed 300 US$, a night in a hotel in Abu Dhabi and a dinner, also the transportation.

It was a good offer, because i payed only ca. 800US$ for the two way flight from munich to Bangkok and I arrieved in Pattaya only 10 hours later

But I don´t get the money at the airport, because of the cashier desk was closed.

They gave me a ticket, like a boardingpass, were you in every ethihadoffice can get the money.

In Bangkok I went to the Ethihad office and picked up the money, without any problems.

Armin

Sorry, about my bad english. I hope you can understand what I mean. :unsure:

I flew with them the first time I went to the LOS and I was very happy with their service.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I have used almost all of the Arab airlines, close to 100 flights with them, but sadly none with Ethiad. However, even without a single flight with them, I can say with complete assurance that at least ONE of their stewardesses gives superb service !! She picked me up in Bangkok outside Platinum center at the money changing booth!! What a sweet girl that was!! Tried my best to find a way to get the company to start booking me on Ethiad flights, but they are usually full for the last minute travelers like myself. I rarely know more than 24 hours in advance when I am going to fly, so I never get a seat with them.

The girl was tall, nearly 6 feet, legs so long they almost went to her shoulders, and she knew exactly what to do with them!! What a girl... she never would give me her real name, I think because it is probably on her name tag on the plane, and she wanted to avoid contact while working.... But I could never forget that face..

All the folks that did fly with them in my company in Bahrain, said pretty much as is said here,,, top shelf, none better in the Arab airlines.